Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugsta

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Thought I would share a couple of pics of one of my MDs that hatched out this year. It is the first year this pair has been bred together and the female, although small (only weighed 1kg after egg deposition) dropped 14 eggs. One egg didn't make it and the rest hatched. Out of the 13 that hatched there were 3 that were totally different to the rest. The first one, in the pics below, is the most unusual and almost patternless variation. So whether it is an incubation fault or is genetic I do not know until I breed the offspring back together and see if they reproduce the same morph.

Anyway, thought I would throw some pics up as I have never seen any unusual patterns or markings on MDs before.

First 2 pics are of the unusual MD, the 3rd is a normal sibling and the last two is of another one that came out in the same clutch.

Let me know what you think?

Cheers
Daz

Attachments

• MD.JPG
    MD.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 972
  • MD-1.JPG
    MD-1.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,021
  • MD-2.JPG
    MD-2.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 631
  • MDs Hatching.JPG
    MDs Hatching.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 567
  • MDs Hatching-1.JPG
    MDs Hatching-1.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 425
Took ya long enough to post the pics mate :lol:

He really is a cracker...

They look great Daz! Very different! :D
Were the parents siblings or related in any way?

Last edited:
Awsome! Looks great :)

Yes Spike, it has taken a while.....LOL,

Gabe, to be honest, I am not sure as the person I bought them from couldn't remember where they got them from, although, they did come from the same person, ao I am led to believe. The parents certainly don't look like siblings IMO and I believe them to be unrelated. Which makes the thought of it being a genetic mutation a bit harder to fathom. But then again, look at all the other stuff popping up these days. Can't wait to breed them bacl to each other and find out.

Cheers
Daz

Jeeze Daz, its about time you got the camera out :)

You need a new catchy name for this variety ;)

very nice Daz, cant wait to see what happens.

You've got the Jag coastals... and the Cheetah MD's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back