Ivory Jungle Carpet Python Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExecutiveReptiles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Got to see a beautiful Ivory Jungle Carpet this weekend at a local show....this beauty was produced by Inland Reptiles.....I wish I could have taking him home...but he wasn't for sale...
IvoryJungle2.jpg

IvoryJungle.jpg

How beautiful, it looks like the snake equivalent of a 40s film star - all flawless porcelain cream colour, against velvety black...

That is absolutely beautiful! I love the colour, well... um... I mean the black and white.

Very nice jungle!!! ...so what are the shows like over there anyways?

Our local shows are usually around 40-50 Vendors, with tables offering thier reptiles for sale....Kind of like this...this is a local show at the end of last year...
100_6022.jpg

Here is a really nice Vendors setup....
Inland.jpg

The Ivory was just brought there by a friend who produced it, and wasn't for sale, But I think he sells them for $300-$500 US Dollars.....I don't think that many people work with them...so they are more rare than the Yellow and Black Jungles....

Geez, and that's just a local show, you guys sure do do it big over there.

I wish Australia would hurry up and follow suite.

Very nice Jungle too David, thanks for sharing.

blackghost

Geez, and that's just a local show, you guys sure do do it big over there.

I wish Australia would hurry up and follow suite.

Very nice Jungle too David, thanks for sharing.

blackghost

Ditto. Reptile Mania made me realise just how small the herp community is over here.

A very stunning ivory; thanks for sharing David and Amanda.
The term 'Ivories' in Australia; has; and
normally refers to white sibling's that can be seen to occur
in clutch's of normal coloured B/G jungles....most notably some of the Tully form B/G's.
Some of these ivories are spectacular IMO.
Out of interest; regarding your friends ivories; what ratio of white sibling's does he get as
apposed to normal's in a clutch? Or are they all white type siblings?
Have these animals been line bred?.
If possible; I to; look forward to seeing adult pictures of what produced this very impressive animal......
We have a lot to look forward to in the future; in regards these morphs in Australia; as it's still early days here;
and we are just on the verge of seeing the results of line breeding these forms.
The Black and White jungles; produce; as the name suggests; clutches of animals that predominantly
display a consistent black and white colouration; of a varying degree.....the colour varies; depending the line;
and 'area type' an animal may originate from.
Area form Black and Whites occur in pockets of rainforest in North Queensland;
most notably those that are seen to occur in Julattan and Cape Tribulation tend to display these characteristic's.
I agree Joel; wouldn't mind a few myself ;)

Last edited:
A very stunning ivory; thanks for sharing David and Amanda.
The term 'Ivories' in Australia; has; and
normally refers to white sibling's that can be seen to occur
in clutch's of normal coloured B/G jungles....most notably some of the Tully form B/G's.
Some of these ivories are spectacular IMO.
Out of interest; regarding your friends ivories; what ratio of white sibling's does he get as
apposed to normal's in a clutch? Or are they all white type siblings?
Have these animals been line bred?.
If possible; I to; look forward to seeing adult pictures of what produced this very impressive animal......
We have a lot to look forward to in the future; in regards these morphs in Australia; as it's still early days here;
and we are just on the verge of seeing the results of line breeding these forms.
The Black and White jungles; produce; as the name suggests; clutches of animals that predominantly
display a consistent black and white colouration; of a varying degree.....the colour varies; depending the line;
and 'area type' an animal may originate from.
Area form Black and Whites occur in pockets of rainforest in North Queensland;
most notably those that are seen to occur in Julattan and Cape Tribulation tend to display these characteristic's.
I agree Joel; wouldn't mind a few myself ;)

So from that, are these snakes simply a genetic variation of the standard black and gold jungles produced in the wild (and captive breeding obviously) caused by a recessive gene and therefor can occur in just about any clutch of black and gold jungles? And once two have been produced have the black and white line refined to produce more spectacular and consistent black and whites?

Absolutely beautiful snake there. I want one so bad now...

This is Bill (tully Ivory) he's been producing at least 4-5 black and ivory hatchies in a clutch, enclosed pics of one of his offsprings, if you look closely on the head pattern it's similar to the pics that david posted. more projects to work on in the future lol

Joel

DAD
feb07billy.jpg

bubs
Bmfem.jpg

Bm307.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back