Ivory Jungle Carpet Python Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ivory Dave posted is mine. I just brought it to the show to let him see one in person, I cant seem to get the color right on my camera.

I will try and post some pics of the parents.

My line is all from selective breeding. I hatched a very odd lookings ivory colored female in 1996 and it just went from there. This baby represents the 4th generation in the project.

At this point in the process none of the babies really turn out like a standard B/G jungle, some do devlope yellow to various degrees but its not at all like a normal jungle, more of a yellow wash over the white.

Being int he US there is very little information on the origin, though the grandfather is belived to have come from a pair of "imported" animals from Mission Beach QLD.

Nick

Here are some pics of the parents
They are 7 years old in these pictures.

Sire
Cimg3725.jpg

Dam
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/nickmutton/Cimg3733.jpg

That adult malke does look similar to my adult female, both having similar striping. I have a couple of striped hatchlings from last year also.
The snake in my Avatar is also one of this pairs offspring from 05 as well.

Nick

Stunning ivory jungles guys .
ill join in ,,
i will breed this pair together this coming breeding season ,
the female is a nice ivory colour ,
but the male has a light lemon yellow tint of colour to him and he is not as clean in the colour as the female,

cheers
Roger

FEMALE
Ivoryfemale.jpg

MALE
Ivorymale.jpg

So from that, are these snakes simply a genetic variation of the standard black and gold jungles produced in the wild (and captive breeding obviously) caused by a recessive gene and therefor can occur in just about any clutch of black and gold jungles? And once two have been produced have the black and white line refined to produce more spectacular and consistent black and whites?

Absolutely beautiful snake there. I want one so bad now...

Hi Disasterpiece,
I keep Black and White form jungles; not ivories; and can offer little input in regards recessive genes in the ivories.....I'm sure Joel, Nick or Roger are in a better position to explain their experience with the breeding the ivory types.
As expressed; the ivories tend to occur sporadically in some clutch's of b/g jungles....lighter sibling's that tend to lack the standard yellow colouration; displayed by others in a clutch b/g's.
No; not all b/g's forms produce ivories....and B/W form jungles; ideally produce B/W's.
As Joel expressed; he gets several ivory type sibling's; each season from his 'beautiful' pair of breeders.
I'm sure these breeders in time; with selective breeding; will refine desired traits further; and as such;
will increase the numbers of sibling's; that display the ivory appearance within a clutch....
For those that have never had the pleasure of keeping ivories or B/W's;
one can not fully appreciate how stunning some of these animals can be; especially when seen in the flesh....some of these animals actually display a 'glow'; which is impossible to capture on a camera.
This is only my second season producing the B/W form; and I'm expecting some insane colours; and Patten's
judging the juv's that have hatched this season....I look forward to the future; as there's some exciting times
ahead for both forms.
Thanks for the info; and pictures David and Nick; truly stunning animals.....gives us a insight in where we are going with the breeding of the ivories.
Joel; Roger; what can I say; brilliant; thanks for sharing 8)
I know this is a ivory thread; but I couldn't resist...sorry :lol:...an adult B/W; for comparison ;)

Attachments

• Picture 1011.jpg
    Picture 1011.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 235
Cheers Aspidities; Joel;
She bred for the first time this season;
so I'm keen to see how her babies turn out :)
Yes your right Joel; they tend to be some what mellow compared to other forms of jungles.
However a couple I have are complete nuts; goes to show their all individuals :lol:
All the best ;)

absolutely stunning Indicus, as always.

My line of Ivories at this point is primarily the product of selective breeding and not a single gene mutation.

After 4 generations it is becoming more consistant and the most recent clutch contains no typical b/g jungles. We will just keep refining it with further generations. For example I still have the entire 2007 clutch, I will probably keep all of them untill they are 18months old before decing wich to keep back. Its a long process but its rewarding to see it starting to show some decent results.

Of course I would dump all of them in a second for a chance to work with locality B/W animals!

Nick

verry nice jungle. jungles are my favarout carpet python

Hi,
I purchased this awesome animal (pure Tully) from Nick Stock a while back, as it has grown the head has gone the same colour as my Julatten B&W jungle, something I wasn't expecting. Here is an image taken by Nick some time back, he's much whiter now, although I would call it ivory too I guess.... I'll get some new shots of him to shwo you exactly what I mean. If anyone knows of a good ivory Obee female, please let me know :)

(once again, copyright of the image is owned by Nick Stock)
tullyivoryof5.jpg

To be honest, I couldn't care less what colour label he gets, but it really is surprising how white he's becoming....

Cheers,
Steve

Hi,
I purchased this awesome animal (pure Tully) from Nick Stock a while back, as it has grown the head has gone the same colour as my Julatten B&W jungle, something I wasn't expecting. Here is an image taken by Nick some time back, he's much whiter now, although I would call it ivory too I guess.... I'll get some new shots of him to shwo you exactly what I mean. If anyone knows of a good ivory Obee female, please let me know :)

(once again, copyright of the image is owned by Nick Stock)
tullyivoryof5.jpg

To be honest, I couldn't care less what colour label he gets, but it really is surprising how white he's becoming....

Cheers,
Steve

Very nice steve, you should post pics of some of your other jungles, i'm yet to see the best of your collection i'm sure ;)

Very nice steve, you should post pics of some of your other jungles, i'm yet to see the best of your collection i'm sure ;)

;) Oh, I consider this one of my vafourites for sure John, I just had to post this updated pic to rub into poor Nick what he gave up!! LOL Check this out, if anyone ever thought Tully forms were boring, think again I say :) I reckon he deserves an Obee, don't you???

tullyelvisff1.jpg

Steve

wow that is stunning, its improved so much

p.s. hear about grant?

indicus, sensational B&W.

heres a head pic of one,

i think its more ivory than white in color but class it how you will

Attachments

• Rimg3214.jpg
    Rimg3214.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 79
the aussie ones have a more solid jungle type head pattern while the pics of the american ones have a more broken looking head pattern which looks like they have some coastal in their line .
not trying to start an arguement as they are all wonderful looking snakes and would love to own any of them just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back