Do Reptiles Yawn?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... who zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what ,,,,,,when,where,,,,,why zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yeh mum said she has seen my coastal yawn about 6 times, but i havnt yet to catch him in the act

hahah thats funny, i just yawned before i opened this page lols .I've seen my Bredli yawn randomly and also after feeds too .Its and amazing sight seeing their throughts open and their teeth .

I've almost seen my Beardie yawn

I've seen our pythons yawn and at least 6 species of turtles yawn under water.

its not yawning, its called jaw gaping, its tretching the joints and muscles around the jaw, a sign of a perfectly normal and healthy animal:lol:

I've even seen a salamander yawn - caught on X-ray movie no less. All animals seem to yawn.

I am taking nice deep breaths.... trying to avoid the *YAWN* lol. but yes, I don't know if they are doing it because they are sleepy, lack of oxygen in the brain or because they have to get into a comfy position; but they all do it... even my fish do it!

why have we resurrected this??
my last post was the day i went and saw the Dalai Lama, and saw that guy yawn from behind. that's pretty much all i remember of the day, so i assume His Holiness wasn't that interesting...

as for reptiles, i've seen the lizards do this yawn/jaw stretching, so am now content. i'd love to see the snake do it.

yes they do but i think it is more lke a stretch cause after you see a snake feed usually they yawn/stretch

I was at Australia Zoo last Saturday, i saw this lovely scrubbie have three big yawns. What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back