Kangaroo skulls, anyplace to buy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is illegal to posses parts of native animals in victoria unless you have the approriate license, a mate of mine got busted by the DSE and they took everything off him. Not sure if he was fined though. Since then the DSE have raided his house a few times. (they even took his stuffed cat)

Per

1. possesing dead protected native wildlife is illegal in QLD and most other states...
2.The roo's that they use for mince and stuff are farmed and the farmers have wildlife farming licesnses....;)
1. Kangaroos aren't protected.
2. The roos they use for most roo meat are shot in the wild by professional roo shooters..

1. Kangaroos aren't protected.
2. The roos they use for most roo meat are shot in the wild by professional roo shooters..

Native wild life IS protected. On enough rope (interview show on abc) i was in the audience for it last Monday (should be aired in a few weeks) and he interviewed a woman in the audience who was in front of me, who for her hobby collected dead animals and turned them into jewelry, like taxidermy. But she wasn't aloud to take the roadkill/dead native wildlife, as it is protected, and for the past year she has been working out forums and calling people to get a special license to do so.

So, yeah native wildlife is protected.

But none the less, this thread has inspired me to find some skulls!

I'm looking to buy at least three kangaroo skulls to clean and use in enclosures. I know there HAVE to be tonnes out there, considering how many roo leg bones we sell at the petstore.

Anyone know where I can get one? Local to Brisbane is better, and I'm not queemish about fresh skulls either (sorry if people think that's gross, but if it's all I can get from someplace that packages roo meat, that's fine).

I've checked e-bay, and replica skulls are way too expensive. :|

Thanks!

Go to the Mundoolun estate. That's not to far away from Brisbane. There's a great big one on the side of the road that was hit. It's only about 4 days old so it's relatively fresh.

P.S. I'm sure some of the local residents wouldn't mind you removing it.

you can get a permit from parks like a reptile one but to keep native taxidermy type items also if you find something eg side of road think you are meant to tell them give them like $20 for special permit . if people want to know the proper requirements give us a pm and i will give you a number for the best taxidermist in australia imo

Hi Rosequoll,just lettin ya no that i send that 4 you,it has detiorated a little but it should be fine,also there is another,dont ask me what it is,i thought you might find a good use for it,Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back