DYI Snake Enclosure Finally Finished

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moko

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok i finally finished my enclosure..... phew....

I started out with a display cabinet.......

Attachments

• DSC04267.jpg
    DSC04267.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 150
Then i got some foam + L brackets + thermostat and fitted them to a ply background that i cut to fit where i took the mirror out.

Attachments

• DSC04272.jpg
    DSC04272.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC04275.jpg
    DSC04275.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 49
Now I got some Vents + Expanding foam from bunings and a branch from Rookwood cemetary and you get the drift ..... And also had some spare pine around and built a hide box which i fitted to the top of the L brackets......

Attachments

• DSC04282.jpg
    DSC04282.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 78
pine........ is this for a snake if it is i wouldent use pine it has harmful oils in it

Then i got some coloured grout and covered the whole background as pictured.....

Attachments

• DSC04284.jpg
    DSC04284.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC04285.jpg
    DSC04285.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Ok ..... Then i got water based non toxic wood glue , like aquadear , i used " wellbond " watered down and sealed the pine box and the background. Then i got black + white non toxic water based paint + painted shading on the background and pine box . After that sealed it again several times with watered down Wellbond. Also covered pine box with clear contact inside .

Attachments

• DSC04286.jpg
    DSC04286.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 81
Ok .... Finally i added some plants , cages , lighting and vines , wired it all up and voila....

Attachments

• DSC04373.jpg
    DSC04373.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC04375.jpg
    DSC04375.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC04374.jpg
    DSC04374.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 88
Wow, that looks good. What's going in it?

Thanx , My Beautiful Ivory + Black Jungle Python ... 11 months .... He loves it already...
He hibernated for the first 2 days in his box , Now he's never gone back in ....

Looks Awesome Moko all the hard work pays off when its fully finished and Up and running. Well done.

WOW!!! thats sweet!!!! you got any pics with the snake sitting on the branch or facing front on?

pine........ is this for a snake if it is i wouldent use pine it has harmful oils in it

pete...tis only if the pine is treated....

Looks great Moko,a bit of work,payed off bigtime,very nice indeed....

Roughly what did it cost you to do all up?

Somewhere between $750 + $900 from start to finish with all the vines , plants , thermostat , lighting , cages and products . And of course the display cabinet.

Thanks to Brian @ http://herpshop.com.au/ for lighting , thermostat , cages + fittings.
and my patient girlfriend for all the crap in the lounge room for a month or so while i fiddled about completing it.

Thanx for all your responses also , greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back