How can i help my gecko shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maccy291

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am new to having geckos and i was told by the person who i got him from that he was going to shed soon.
Does anyone have any advice on helping my gecko shed or should i just let nature do it?:?
please respond if you have any informatoin.

thanks

Leave it to nature cos you could hurt your gecko. Try and give him a humid hidy hole.

If the gecko is out you can give it a misting with a spray bottle

Geckoes shed a lot, and usually manage to do it perfectly well on their own. It's normal to see their skin becoming very pale until it begins to flake off in white pieces. Our geckoes usually take a day or so to shed all of these flakes.

Unless they'e been flakey for a few days I wouldn't worry about interfering. Just make sure your humidity levels are right for the species. After the next couple of sheds, you'll be well used to it. :)

Geckoes shed a lot, and usually manage to do it perfectly well on their own. It's normal to see their skin becoming very pale until it begins to flake off in white pieces. Our geckoes usually take a day or so to shed all of these flakes.

Unless they'e been flakey for a few days I wouldn't worry about interfering. Just make sure your humidity levels are right for the species. After the next couple of sheds, you'll be well used to it. :)

I second that!! :)

You could also try putting in a couple of tubs with access holes cut in them to create some micro environments of high humidity with damp spagnum moss in them, The gecko`s will use them to help shedding if they feel they need it. :)

Also remember that they can be very secretive when they shed, so your gecko might shed and you have no idea about it!

Hey,
as everyone else has said they generally do it fine on their own...
if you are concerned you should probably spray mist on them occasionaly and also place your water bowl on the hotter side of the tank to increase humidity, if you really really think its a problem then put the gecko in a warm NOT HOT bath for about 15 mins but stay and watch to make sure nothing goes wrong...
as mentioned before you will probably not have to do this as they will be able to shed on their own it might just take some time...
anyway
enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back