Subaru Fans....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
Just wondering if there are any other big subi fans out here on APS??

My first car was a 2001 Liberty GX that lasted 30,000klms before the the 2.0L non turbo came out and wrx running gear went in. I ran an early model liberty water to air interooler with a custom made alloy rad for the intercooler and davies craig water pump. It had 2.5inch exhaust and EMS ecu running it.......not bad for a first car.

I then had an early model wrx bodyshell - imported shell not road regsitered - that had a fully rebuitl engine - closed deck block, wiseco pistons, eagle rods, V3 STI heads, 440cc injectors, twsit mounted turbo, front mount, heavy dusty clutch, acl race bearings, arp head studs and a wolf V500 ecu running it. It had 4 spot front calipers, modified hubs with twin spot rears, dba slotted rotors, ferodo pads, GAB coilovers, roll cage and fixed back OMP racing seat. I used it for a few meets and then got sick of not being able to drive it on the road. I then bough a 92 Liberty with a blown motor for $850 bucks. The engine had only snapped a timing belt and they dont bend valves so I was able to sell the engine for $600, the transmission for $200 and the wheels for $35 so the shell owed me next to nothing.

I transplanted all the running gear from the wrx into the liberty and it made a pretty quick street car with 190KW at the wheels on 17PSI.

I have since sold all this running and am now in the process of fitting 2001 STI engine, gbox, ecu and loom to it. It is basically gonna be a track only car that can be driven on the street if needed. I am fitting the whole 2001 harness to the car so will need to adapt the harness to suit head lights, tail lights, window motors etc etc. The wiring is nearly completed and once that is done will be taking the car to work to fit the engine etc as well the full cage that is sitting there waiting to be fiitted. It is a Bond Roll Bars cage with door bars and harness bars. I did have a 2003 STI half cut to fit to it, but sold it - would have been nice to have the twin scroll turbo set up and DCCD but felt a bit greedy keeping it when I had a customer chasing it......

If there are any more subi nuts out there go for gold and talk about your car etc. I will try to remmber to put some pics of the old liberty out on the autocross track.

Or even if you have done some work to other types of cars put pics and info up, always interested in weird conversions!

Cheers,
Dave

Give you goosebumps just watching it! The bloke is awesome behind the wheel of that thing! And here I was thinking rally drivers were only good on dirt :lol: Boy was I wrong!

lol if he dosnt do that for a living and just for a hobby he has way way to much spare time

thats awsome

Wow that vid was awesome! I hope the guy on the scooter thing had a gas mask lol

I have an MY99 WRX with STI motor, Brakes, Suspension and 22b bodykit, V&E Rigolli Dog box and Mrt gave it the XC kit workover. It now Dyno`s 228KW at all four. :D It goes hard but cost`s a fricken fortune to fix it when i break something!!

Here`s a pic :D

Attachments

• Edited WRX.jpg
    Edited WRX.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 83
Ahhhhh you have to love the good old hydraulic handbrake. He can get a drift happening good. Very good river.

I am more of an EVO and Rotary Fan to be honest but still think the rexie's are pretty good.

my partner has the subaru my08 forester turbo 4wd with the impreza engine in it. bought it coz we needed the room, but didnt want a slow peice of crap. and man does she fly! i love it more coz everyone thinks "oh yeah, 4wd, we will get passed that" no one has yet, the other day someone tried to chop in front of a closing lane, he was trying so hard, he couldnt slow down nearly ended up in the bush, he had to use the little side lane to slow down and go behind, he was spewin! happens nearly everytime we go out. dont underestimate subaru 4wd, if you see a scoop at the front, dont test it mwahaha

my partner has the subaru my08 forester turbo 4wd with the impreza engine in it. bought it coz we needed the room, but didnt want a slow peice of crap. and man does she fly! i love it more coz everyone thinks "oh yeah, 4wd, we will get passed that" no one has yet, the other day someone tried to chop in front of a closing lane, he was trying so hard, he couldnt slow down nearly ended up in the bush, he had to use the little side lane to slow down and go behind, he was spewin! happens nearly everytime we go out. dont underestimate subaru 4wd, if you see a scoop at the front, dont test it mwahaha
Ha ha ha scoop dont mean nothing. They could be front mount intercooled (what wrx come out with) instead of the top mount intercooler which is why they have the scoop.

Nothing beats a front mount sleeper car.

we have a 97 wrx wagon, l/flywheel, later model turbo, 3' exhaust. Nice and quick but my rotary was quicker! 12A bridgey 808 coupe.....mmmmmmm.....cant beat that sound........Still realy a rotary fan at heart, cant wait to get my rx7 on the road!!!

I have a subaru remote control car. I can walk faster then it.

Some nice Subaru's around lately though.

we have a 97 wrx wagon, l/flywheel, later model turbo, 3' exhaust. Nice and quick but my rotary was quicker! 12A bridgey 808 coupe.....mmmmmmm.....cant beat that sound........Still realy a rotary fan at heart, cant wait to get my rx7 on the road!!!
Ohhhh yes another rotar fan. 12a sounds the nicest. They seem to sound better without a turbo strapped to them. Everytime i hear one stop and stare.

What do you mean lately. They are like a$$holes, everyone has one.

HAHA, I mean around my area, skylines are bigger, but the Subaru population is rising faster then the number of asian super markets in Hornsby.

HAHA, I mean around my area, skylines are bigger, but the Subaru population is rising faster then the number of asian super markets in Hornsby.
:lol:

Yes both subaru WRX and The normal GTST skyline are very common. Thats why when i see a GTST skyline im like Naaaaaa but when a GTR roars past i am like now thats better. :lol:

Come on you can pick up normal skylines for $7000

Ha ha ha scoop dont mean nothing. They could be front mount intercooled (what wrx come out with) instead of the top mount intercooler which is why they have the scoop.

Nothing beats a front mount sleeper car.

I thought that te wrx's did come out with top mount intercoolers, people modify them with a/m intercoolers at the front as its better for airflow, and heat rising from engine etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back