Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunetly i live in the suburbs of darwin. i dont live in the same beautiful area of NT as steve. so whilst you heard all the good things ill let ya hear the bad. if we get a flood or a de-railment our supermarkets basically shut down. no basic items to live by (bread, milk etc) we have a massive problem with the homeless - they arnt being handled correctly. crime is incredible and you have groups of 14 year olds in every suburb who think they are the next crips and bloods. housing prices are ridiculous. 3 bedroom house 1 carport 1 bathroom in centre of town - can you say around the $450,000 mark. if you come to NT hang with steve outer town. but like every state there are goods and bads -NT has around the same of each. lol
ryan

unfortunetly i live in the suburbs of darwin. i dont live in the same beautiful area of NT as steve. so whilst you heard all the good things ill let ya hear the bad. if we get a flood or a de-railment our supermarkets basically shut down. no basic items to live by (bread, milk etc) we have a massive problem with the homeless - they arnt being handled correctly. crime is incredible and you have groups of 14 year olds in every suburb who think they are the next crips and bloods. housing prices are ridiculous. 3 bedroom house 1 carport 1 bathroom in centre of town - can you say around the $450,000 mark. if you come to NT hang with steve outer town. but like every state there are goods and bads -NT has around the same of each. lol
ryan

I'll still swap ya:)?!!

ryan

That's hilarious Steve lives in Smith street the main road in the city.
I think you're a pessimist, when was the last time the supermarkets "basically shut down"? When could you not buy bread
and milk? Most of those "homeless people" are longgrassers who choose to live the way they do for obvious reasons.
Crime is the same as anywhere else but housing is expensive. You are new to Darwin aren't you?

Last edited:

does he really!? :S shows how much attention i pay lol. i apologise to everyone.
if ya come to town. leave and head out to bush. thanks for pointing out an embarrasing mistake to everyone darlyn. lol

I think you're a pessimist, when was the last time the supermarkets "basically shut down"? When could you not buy bread
and milk? Most of those "homeless people" are longgrassers who choose to live the way they do for obvious reasons.
Crime is the same as anywhere else but housing is expensive. You are new to Darwin aren't you?

ok then if you want answers, eg last week the train de-railment caused the shortage of milk. i know because the business im in was part responsible for air freighting in milk. yes milk.
the chose to live like that? getting paid ammounts that make others of welfare grimace with jealousy? getting drunk and causing general annoyance to the community!? lets give them lots of money but not any trades or anything.
you obviously dont live in the suburbs or spend enought time in them.
how does 20 years born and bred in darwin sound to ya? maybe you turn a blind eye to it to not make your precious town seem worst then others. i say this all in a straightforward tone please done see this as an attack. - ryan

Last edited:
Uhm Roby Downs south Australia not much going for it 30-40 year old town i guess the only good thing going for it is it well its soon to have to world largest open cut mine

being 600kms away from any real city doesn't help much

we have a massive problem with the homeless - they arnt being handled correctly. crime is incredible and you have groups of 14 year olds in every suburb who think they are the next crips and bloods. ryan

I'd have to agree with Darlyn on this (suprise, suprise). Same town, just a different perception. I think ignorance of the situation and to some extent the media may be to blame for this perception.

I've hung about with the long grass mob (usually when I've travelled to Darwin with a mob from the Kimberley to buy a used car-at least you have plenty thoughs there:)!) and never once felt threatened, in fact, the complete opposite. Apart from a few town campers (ie:those from Bagot), most longrassers are transient, waiting for pension day to get back to "country", as far as I can recall.

PS: I've never been "handled correctly":)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ipswich the most liveable mid size city in the world, according to some panel of people who have never been here. It's ok though, gets a bit hot in the summer and can be a bit fresh on winter mornings but everything is here that we need and even better it is about 4000ks across water from my interfering family and extremely religious in-laws.

Uhm Roby Downs south Australia not much going for it 30-40 year old town i guess the only good thing going for it is it well its soon to have to world largest open cut mine

being 600kms away from any real city doesn't help much

i've not lived in roxby but i've had family there and if you can bear the summer heat and the fact everyone knows everyone then you're ok. i love the winters there because it gets to the temps i like....i use to holiday there frequently until the family members moved back to adelaide after my uncle retired from working at olympic dam most his life

I live in the Blue Mountains and a few things I love about living here is the beautiful views, amazing bush & the awesome climbing & canyoning:D
The only thing I can complain about is the bitterly cold winters, i'd follow summer around the world if I could afford it:)

Attachments

• tablelands.jpg
    tablelands.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 115
  • hanging rock (scarey climb).jpg
    hanging rock (scarey climb).jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 114
  • valley of the waters.jpg
    valley of the waters.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 106
:pIs that the name of your town for real?!? I lol'd at reading that one!! Its as bad as my lil Burpengary town name haha!!

Its Toongabbie, PK, but all the locals call in Toonscabbie. Its not to bad here for me anyway. we have a woolies and some others stores close by, and as I dont drive it makes life easier, especially with a train station 5 mins walk away, but other than that it has stuff all going for it.

We are moving to the central coast as soon as we find a place and hubby finds a job. I cant wait to have beaches near by, as said in another post, the reptile park and just a slower pace of life. Im definitely looking forward to watching my little girl grow up on the beach and not the streets of Sydney! lol.

I live in the Blue Mountains and a few things I love about living here is the beautiful views, amazing bush & the awesome climbing & canyoning:D
The only thing I can complain about is the bitterly cold winters, i'd follow summer around the world if I could afford it:)

I lived in North Katoomba for 6 months, left to go to uni in Sydney, I was beautiful and the climbing/canyoning is amazing (about to upload pics of a canyon I did the other day actually)... I was damn freezing though, I had my down jacket on on xmas eve when I was visiting my mum up there!! lol

At the moment I live in Sydney's inner west... most of the signs in my suburb are in Chinese... I guess the good part is there is a large selection of Chinese restaurants but for some reason none of them deliver! The worst part is that no one can drive... which may be the reason for the no delivery thing... too many people complaining that they didn't get their dinner cause the driver had an accident lol...

The best part about living here is that it's about 10 minutes to the CBD which is handy, not that I go there too often.

I've moved 9 times in the last 10 years so I am sure I'll be posting in this thread again soon haha... (I don't even unpack half my boxes anymore!)

Last edited:
I went to the Blue Mountains to stay with my Ex's grandparents for a couple of weeks and i freakin lovedd it !! Unfortunetely places that get really cold dont suit me at all because my arthritis becomes unbearable in the cold and i ended up in a wheelchair for a month after that visit, but its really amazing up there when you live in Sydney's south eastern suburbs.

I notice a lot of people don't think much of their own town.... Pretty gutting really.

I live in a small town, population around 4,000 in South Otago, New Zealand. I lived in Cairns for a number of years prior. Extreme to extreme (not town wise, temperature wise).

But it didn't matter where I lived, I fell in love with the place(s) I am!

Here, in South Otago I have the Clutha River (caught two trout there so far, haven't been fishing therr much) which is NZ's second biggest river, but has the highest flow (at over 600 cu mecs). It starts at Lake Wanaka (the most picturesque township of Wanaka - a must visit for those South Island holidays) and travels the near 300km through my town at the mouth. If I got a canoe at Wanaka I could be home in a couple of days :)

The other thing my town is - is the gateway to the Catlins. Home of penguins (very rare yellow eyed penguins), Hector's Dolphins (tiny dolphins), seals and sea lions and sometimes even sea elephants. Plus lush coastal rain forests, waterfalls and basically paradise :)

It's much like Cairns but colder and less likely to get snapped by a crocodile when going fishing :)

I love my town!

I notice a lot of people don't think much of their own town.... Pretty gutting really.

I live in a small town, population around 4,000 in South Otago, New Zealand. I lived in Cairns for a number of years prior. Extreme to extreme (not town wise, temperature wise).

But it didn't matter where I lived, I fell in love with the place(s) I am!

Here, in South Otago I have the Clutha River (caught two trout there so far, haven't been fishing therr much) which is NZ's second biggest river, but has the highest flow (at over 600 cu mecs). It starts at Lake Wanaka (the most picturesque township of Wanaka - a must visit for those South Island holidays) and travels the near 300km through my town at the mouth. If I got a canoe at Wanaka I could be home in a couple of days :)

The other thing my town is - is the gateway to the Catlins. Home of penguins (very rare yellow eyed penguins), Hector's Dolphins (tiny dolphins), seals and sea lions and sometimes even sea elephants. Plus lush coastal rain forests, waterfalls and basically paradise :)

It's much like Cairns but colder and less likely to get snapped by a crocodile when going fishing :)

I love my town!

Thanks slim6y, you've just made me homesick for NZ. :eek:

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Sunshine Coast!!!! Need I say more. Good size, spread out, city and country and beach life style depending on where you live, and so far the Most Layed back place I have ever lived

P.s Not always sunny tho :p
:D

Sunshine Coast!!!! Need I say more. Good size, spread out, city and country and beach life style depending on where you live, and so far the Most Layed back place I have ever lived

P.s Not always sunny tho :p
:D
Really? Sunshine Coast is a hole. Great beaches and forests, but unless you're really an outdoor person Sunshine Coast sucks. Only thing to do on a rainy day (and rainy days are very common) is go to the Sunshine Plaza, which actually REALLY sucks and is super busy on rainy days as thats all there is to do. I dont find it laid back at all. Some places are really stuck up, and some places actually feel dangerous. Certain suburbs here are filled with pot-smoking teenagers that love to throw stuff at you, and then go to Noosa and there are certain shops where they wont even serve people they don't like the look of!
Rant over. I really don't like the Sunshine Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back