Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to Adelaide and SA in generaly many times and I'd love to live there...Victor Harbour, Goolwa...just love SA, but I guess it depends on what you're looking for in your lifestyle.

i live in Gawler! its a hole....but i had no choice when we moved, i didnt go to school out here and am just getting to know some people through dave's bootcamp (group PT) i'm good mates with said sexy pharmacist and he makes sure my meds are always in stock.

Ahhh Tasmania... (not saying my town cause its small and im sure there are some scary freaks on here....) but any ways whats not to like?!? ummm....

the reptile laws -_-

Lol, oh no! I'm in Grovedale but sometimes that is like Corio too. One night there was a 6 car police chase in our street, the guy in the car they were chasing lived just across the road and hadn't been out of gaol long... straight back in! About 5 years ago I bought a motorcycle off a woman who lived in Corio, she's in prison now because she tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband!

Pair planned to pay hitman to kill woman's husband, Geelong court told - Local News - Geelong, VIC, Australia

Wayne Cherry who was also involved is a friend of mine, he gets out of prison in February. He didn't want Rick killed and didn't even think Sherie was going to go through with anything, she was always telling lies... one example is when she told her children who were 6 and 10 that she had cancer and she didn't. Nobody believed anything that came out of her mouth! I've spoken to Rick since this incident and he said he has no ill will towards Wayne, he said Wayne just got sucked in. When I was hanging around with both of them it was clear that they didn't like each other but they didn't start fights and were at least civil to each other... ah, it was fun :shock:

A very bad quality pic of me and Wayne:

View attachment 231729

I remember seeing all that in the paper.. Good to hear the other side of the story that the media doesn't report!!
I don't find my area to bad, had its fair share of drama like the police raid on the meth lab next door.. Or when someone burnt down Mr Baldy's wife's house down a dozen houses down from my place (no loss there).. or the shooting across the road that I didn't even know about until police knocked on my door 2 weeks later asking questions! We pretty much keep to ourselves and have no dramas, we speak to the neighbours but not "friends" with them... Am pleased to say though, I do work, I do own my belongings and I don't have 10 kids to 13 different fathers lol

Central coast beach suburbs are amazing etc Wamberal, Terrigal, Avoca with nice restaurants and fantastic beaches. We have one good night club. A reptile park is a plus lol, an ice rink and a few skate parks but everything else is ****

On the Sunshine Coast. Over 24 species of snake recorded plus great fishing, kayaking etc. The great unknown Conondale Ranges are just behind us. Unfortunately the coast is currently warm and full of girls in skimpy costumes with push-up bras which is making driving difficult

I love Sydney, it has a great range of herps within it's boundaries and if your willing to drive 2-3 hours you increase it ten fold.... sure it's not the tropics but hey, at least you can swim in the ocean and rivers without being too worried about being killed within ten minutes.

That poor snake cwebb; I'd really hate to be him:)!

Yeah, I've seen some pretty impressive snake racks in my time but they didn't look like that.

On the Sunshine Coast. Over 24 species of snake recorded plus great fishing, kayaking etc. The great unknown Conondale Ranges are just behind us. Unfortunately the coast is currently warm and full of girls in skimpy costumes with push-up bras which is making driving difficult

*feeds up reptiles and rings travel agent*

A great thing about my town is that it is about 3200 kilometres away from my family.

It also has a Tactical Response Group that is good at what it does!!!

Theres lotsa other stuff too but it's already bin covered by Warikuz and Steve.

Happy New Years peoples : )

I remember seeing all that in the paper.. Good to hear the other side of the story that the media doesn't report!!
I don't find my area to bad, had its fair share of drama like the police raid on the meth lab next door.. Or when someone burnt down Mr Baldy's wife's house down a dozen houses down from my place (no loss there).. or the shooting across the road that I didn't even know about until police knocked on my door 2 weeks later asking questions! We pretty much keep to ourselves and have no dramas, we speak to the neighbours but not "friends" with them... Am pleased to say though, I do work, I do own my belongings and I don't have 10 kids to 13 different fathers lol

It was all fun and games lol. I got away from Sherie before all the serious stuff started happening, I'd been paying off the bike for a couple of months, and towards the end she started getting really sour with my mother and I for no apparent reason, so as soon as the bike was safely in my garage I got the hell away from her and her terrible mood swings and lies.

Two years later she I heard on the news that she was arrested and I couldn't believe it! She always talked tough but never did anything. :shock:

Another two years after that we were sitting at home and Wayne pulled up on his bike and came to the door. My mother answered the door and later said that Wayne looked sheepish, he was probably worried that we wouldn't want anything to do with him. We all went and sat at the kitchen table and he spent the next 3 hours telling us everything that happened. He then started visiting every second Sunday afternoon, sometimes he'd bring the transcripts of police interviews to keep us up to speed with what was happening. I also went to court with him a couple of times, and that was certainly interesting!

I've been up to Barwon prison to visit him, it's like walking into a movie, you have to go through retina scanners to get through doors, and sometimes they line all the visitors up and bring in the sniffer dog. The visitors center is just a large room with tables and chairs and a couple of vending machines and there's a playground outside for people visiting with kids.

The prisoners all have to wear green jumpsuits and you get about 2 hours to sit and talk with them. Wayne looks scary but he's always been really good to my family and I, he always greets us with a big hug and I feel like he treats me like a daughter. He wants to take me out on his bike when he gets out of prison in February, and I'm buying my own bike soon, so then we'll go on rides :D

The area you live in sounds scary! You've had some crazy things happen in you street, you could make a movie out of it! Lol.

What's good about my town?
It's right here, I don't have to move. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back