Jungle Help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bundysnake

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm probably freaking out but i would really appreciate some advise please guys/gals...

Got a pair of jungle hatchies yesterday, the last time they fed was the 6th of Jan and they both haven't taken the pinkie i have offered them this afternoon.

Should i leave the pinkies in the click clacks overnight? or take them out and try and feed again in a few days??

Cheers,
Bundy

Mate when it starts to get to about 5 weeks and they still havent eaten, then start worring! They might go 3 weeks with out eating then eat 3 in a row!

Mate if you only got them yesterday, I would let them settle for a week, then offer them a food item. Their probably pretty stressed from being in a new environment.

Let them settle in for about a week (give them a chance to calm down), try not to disturb them during that time and then try a feed

Oh and good luck with your new babies!! :D

miss the part where you said yesterday. Mate i would be leaving them as everyone else has already said for a week! moving snakes can be very stress full on them! after that offer them a pinky! but dont be alarmed snakes can go for 6 weeks without food. How old are the hatchies??

but dont be alarmed snakes can go for 6 weeks without food.

A healthy snake can go 9 months or so without food. Depends on the condition of the snake.

I'd also like to know how old they are and details of the setup.

But as others have said, it's stress, leave them be, no handling at all until they've fed 3 times. offer food once every 7 days, otherwise don't bother them except for changing the water.

check the heat make sure it's a good temp ( 28 - 34ish), it's only been a week they can go ages and ages so don't worry about harm to them or something. Leave them alone for a few days then you can try braining the top of the food items head to make it smell a bit more like food, if they still say no then just wait another week or so and try again.

Just remember if it is a new hatchie then they usually wont eat until after their first shed either!!!

They have had their first shed.
Male was born on the 10/12/08 had a feed on the 6/1/09 and hasn't eaten since!!!!
Female was born on the16/12/08 had a feed on the 6/1/09 and has now just taken a fuzzy mouse!!!!

Should i be worried about the male?

i offered a fuzzy today but he has not taken it yet, should i leave it in the plastic tub with him or remove it and try to feed again in a few days?

Mate some new jungles take there time one of my new ones ate 1/7/07 didnt eat until 8/8/07
try feeding at night place the food item in the entrance of his hide when he is in there and
dont disturb him fuzzie mice is the go to get them eatin
cheers

Are they in a high traffic area of the house? Could be a problem also.......

hey you can leave the pinky in there all night no worries but as above let them settle in make shore you take the pinky out in the morning there only small but can they stink woo poo :D:D

The snakes are kept in there own room and the door is always shut as well.
Whenever i go in the room i sneak in nice and quiet and don't even turn the lights on ( i can see them with red night lights).....................

The temp in the click clack is about 30degrees.

leave them to settle in for a week then try offering them a nice warm pinky. dont stress, they will be ok without food for a few weeks. older snakes can go months between feeds

My female jungle went months without food, she's only just turned a year old but flat out refused to eat! Now she's eating properly, only for the past month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back