Jungle Help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sent you the video VixenBabe................please post your thoughts here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have tried contacting the breeder but i get no response.............

The snake seem as if though it has lost control of it's body............
He keeps throwing his head back with his mouth open..........

just watched your video. i cant say yes or no. best thing is to take both your snakes to a reptile vet in the morning. i think the only way of telling OPMV is from a blood test

I thought it was a tissue sample after the animal has died, and the testing is not even 100% in Australia yet?

Thank you for posting the video, now we know what you mean.

Looks like a vet job, could be anything from something stuck in its throat, a genetic disease or even that virus.

That's unpleasant to watch it suffer and would hurt more as the owner.

The video looks disturbing.. Have you notified the breeder of how it's acting?

just watched your video. i cant say yes or no. best thing is to take both your snakes to a reptile vet in the morning. i think the only way of telling OPMV is from a blood test

The only testing that is available is not in Australia, the tests are done on tissue culturing
from brain, lung and spinal chord samples.[think ther may be 1 or 2 more]
There is no one in Australia that can provide a genuine dianosis for this problem.

Just viewed the video and to me it looks like a normal hatchie jungle!
The whole mouth open thing is a defence stance and it has got full control of its movments as if it didnt it wouldnt be hanging from its perch again typical of jungles.
If anything its more than likley stressed!

unfortunately i have nothing to add except maybe more video footage would be of assistance to everyone, good luck with it all, keep us posted

Seems to be holding onto the branch okay.

What happens when you take it out?? Have you put it on its back and seen how it rights itself or its "motoring" skills??

Zulu the snake died at around 9:30 so he didn't make it to the vet..........i watched it for a while and no movement the snake was floppy when i picked it up.

I have burnt his enclosure and all furnishings just incase...........

I have spoken to the breeder and he ensures me that his stock doesn't have OPMV and he seems to think it was some sort of stomach bug as the snake had not eating since i had it.

near the end the snake couldn't right it self from being upside down and he had all sorts of strange kinks in his body.

I have a video that im uploading to youtube now that was taken a hour so before he died.
i will post the link shortly.

Poor little guy sorry to hear that. :( rip

It might be wise to get an autopsy done to see if they can actually pick up a cause of death, put his body in the fridge not the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back