Jungle Help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i actually buried him.

The breeder rang me shortly after and asked if i freezed it......................i guess i'll know for next time now.

How does he know for sure his stock doesn't have OPMV, just out of curiosity?

So sorry for your loss.

Real bad luck.I think whatever problem it has was a physical one by the looks of the last vid.A genetic defect,an intestinal blockage,broken bones etc.Of course the only way you may find out would be to get it to a vet for a necropsy.As has already been said put it in a bag then in the fridge not the freezer and organise a vet asap.

I personally would be digging it up and getting to the bottom of this. Are these your only snakes?

Tough break. :(

How hot was the tub??
Excessive heat can also give neurological problems.

hey bundy, that is really sad i really feel for you, its never good, but at least it is not in pain anymore. Please do not feel that it was in anyway your fault, Its just happened.
Many people will want to know who the breeder was, are you getting a refund or another in replacement, dig it back up and get it examined, and all associated things.
All i will say is that you have video recordings as evidence and you do what feels right for you and no one else. Good luck with the other one,
It may also be an idea to sterilize all your equipment and other tub just to be sure.

See if the breeder would be willing to replace him, even if it means digging him up and getting it checked by a vet just so you know it wasn't your fault. Or just show the breeder the youtube vids and get a replacement.

Never seen a snake do that before, looked like an epileptic fit with all the muscle spasms

Poor thing, looked like it was spasming and in pain.

Thats video is quite distressing to watch. The poor snake seemed to be in pain. Unfortunately without a necropsy you wont know the cause. There are a few possibilities like a genetic problem, injury, extreme heat stress or even OPMV. But really there is no point guessing.

Oh well chin up, and keep a close eye on the other one.

How does he know for sure his stock doesn't have OPMV, just out of curiosity?

So sorry for your loss.

I am thinking that too.

The slightest chance that it could be OPMV, I wouldnt be taking any chances with it. If I were the seller I would be going into lockdown, no snakes going in or out.

Poor snake that video looks terrible.Dig him up and get him checked out

The breeder is happy to replace him as the snake didn't feed since i had him.
I will not be giving the breeder's name out as they have been quite helpfull and understanding.

No one can be sure the breeders stock doesn't have OMPV but they keep all new snakes in quarantine for 1 year before adding to the collection, and all his stuff is very clean, the breeder does know his stuff............they are confident that the stock they hacve isn't infected. Time will tell i guess.

All my gear and my other snakes enclosure have been thoroughly sterilized with F10 and then wiped over with a damp cloth.............i have thrown out everything that may have come in contact with the male and now i will hope my femal survives.........she has been feeding well and looks really healthy.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

BTW for those of you who want to know the hot end was around 30degrees and the cool end around 27degrees.

a picture of the females enclosure setup is attached...............in case you wanna see what they live in.

Attachments

• DSC01941.jpg
    DSC01941.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 34
Whoops i only read the first and 2nd page threads and didn't realised it had died. Thats a tough break bud. Obviously nothing you could have done.

Good for you bundy, it goes to show that there are people out there that understand and are fair and reasonable, make sure you show off the new one to us when it arrives, good luck

The breeder is happy to replace him as the snake didn't feed since i had him.
I will not be giving the breeder's name out as they have been quite helpfull and understanding.

No one can be sure the breeders stock doesn't have OMPV but they keep all new snakes in quarantine for 1 year before adding to the collection, and all his stuff is very clean, the breeder does know his stuff............they are confident that the stock they hacve isn't infected. Time will tell i guess.

All my gear and my other snakes enclosure have been thoroughly sterilized with F10 and then wiped over with a damp cloth.............i have thrown out everything that may have come in contact with the male and now i will hope my femal survives.........she has been feeding well and looks really healthy.

Thanks for all your help everyone.
does not matter how much you cleen if you have a carrier with OPMV it will infect the others unless it is well away from the others my mate lost his entire collection in 18 months, dosent matter how much the breeder knows ,quarrintine is more than 12 months in my opinion and if he still buys new hatchies he still carryies a risk
cheers

You've got to be a bloody idiot if you haven't taken it to the vet by now. To let a snake go thru that and not act is just cruel!

These things can be very sudden at times, if you stop your raving and follow this thread, i think you will find that he is a conscious and dedicated animal lover, so just stop and think about how your words can be taken

These things can be very sudden at times, if you stop your raving and follow this thread, i think you will find that he is a conscious and dedicated animal lover, so just stop and think about how your words can be taken

Nah duh! I clicked the 3rd page and didn't realise there were 6 pages of threads!!! I changed my comment already!

Poor little guy, R.I.P. That Video nearly bought a tear to my eye..... So sorry for your loss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back