Thanks to the Fire Fighters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You take me too seriously moosey, I thought you knew me better then that. ;) Stick the greenies smack bang in the middle mate

No, I knew what you were saying but just thought I'd try and explain it a little further just in case someone else didn't know what you meant (Does that make any sense? :p :lol:)

Thanks Andy for this post.

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone down south facing this horrorible devastation. :(

Latest report on the news is 25 dead, they are predicting that could reach 40 or more, and 25 more have been admitted to hospital. The news report just said that today some of the fire crews jobs is to go out and search through the homes looking for people who couldn't get out.:cry: Like everyone else I am horrified at this devastation and my heart breaks for the people and animals going through this horror. :(

I did hear that some of these fires were deliberately lit..... How anyone could deliberately inflict this on people and animals is despicable.

Joy

I'll add my thanks! The CFS & their interstate teams are definitely heroes imo. I still remember the horrific Ash Wednesday fires & just recently we had a fire just 1 km from my house. The are number 1 in my books.
The number of deceased is now at 35. My niece, who is a Vic cop will be one of the unlucky ones out their checking for more unfortunate victims later today when she goes on duty. I certainly don't envy her!

Big thanks to the fireys from us too. The Beechworth-Myrtleford fire kept us awake all last night. We had heavy smoke and some ember attack but thankfully no fire front.
It's hellish here so far today, 36 degrees and quite windy. Thankfully the fire threat was downgraded this morning. Lots of ash and heavy stinky smoke but nothing more.

Now we have power back it's much easier to monitor what's going on. These are my first up-close-and-personal bushfires. It's exhausting just trying to hose down property at 3am, I can't imagine what those firefighters and volunteers are going through.

Hope all is well megrim.

Neil Sonnemann lives just out of Myrtleford Vic, he is also in the CFA.
So im guessing that he is doing it hard up there.
I tried calling Cathy (his wife) a few times today, to see if they are doing ok but no answer.

The people that lit these fires should be charged with mulitple homicide
and do the max.

It'd be near impossible to charge them for murder and I think it'd be really difficult to charge them for manslaughter even. I think the only option they have to stop these fire bugs is to make the arso charge just as bad if not worse then manslaughter charges.

Marysvile is %80 destroyed.

ive just got to put up with high 40 deg temps where i am. im lucky that the worst i get from the fires is some smoke. my thoughts are with those families that have lost lifes or properties, through idiots lighting fires to get a kick. also my thanks to all the fire fighters putting their own lifes at risk trying to control these fires. cheers

A near family member of a friend of mine lost his house with his two kids.

35 confirmed dead!!! :(

we were almost going to leave home yesterday we had packed and put everything in the car but no we stayed as the fire started to go the other way. we are still keeping our eye out for any sign of smoke/fire as you never when it will sneek up and bite you!

the sky was so red/brown yesterday but i can't put at pic up as the photos aren't on the puter!!

THANKS to all the firefighters and helpul people trying to save our homes i am so grateful!

It's devastating what these fires can do in such a short amount of time...

I feel extremely sorry for anyone who has lost their homes or loved ones

We are so lucky to have such amazing people out their offering their services

to help put out these destructive fires! They truly are remarkable people...

To all of the firey's out there... you are truly hero's.. well done, and keep up the great work!

and as for the arsonists...... catch the idiots, and BURN them!
Then they can experince what the poor people that didn't escape the fires did... I still cant believe how some people can be so stupid...

josh

35 confirmed dead!!! :(

we were almost going to leave home yesterday we had packed and put everything in the car but no we stayed as the fire started to go the other way. we are still keeping our eye out for any sign of smoke/fire as you never when it will sneek up and bite you!

the sky was so red/brown yesterday but i can't put at pic up as the photos aren't on the puter!!

THANKS to all the firefighters and helpul people trying to save our homes i am so grateful!

My brothers lives in Cockatoo as well - I couldn't live there after seeing and being part of the horrors of ash Wednesday again.

And my mothers in the middle of the three fires burning in Bendigo, Kilmore and Marysville

Wierd weather here. At noon it hit 36.5, then dropped rapidly to about 33, but is now slowly climbing again. At time of posting it's back up to 36.3

Our visibilty is dropping pretty rapidly. Looks like another tense night.

Utmost respect to the firefighters who are prepared to risk their lives, helping to save others & their property.
Its bad to even hear about these fires on the news here, i feel so sorry for the people that have lost loved ones, property & possesions ....some that can never be replaced:(

Wierd weather here. At noon it hit 36.5, then dropped rapidly to about 33, but is now slowly climbing again. At time of posting it's back up to 36.3

Our visibilty is dropping pretty rapidly. Looks like another tense night.

Hey Grim, What is the situtation up at Mumungee and Everton?
Its not that far from you.

Thanks for this thread andy, I don't think we can offer thanks enough to the men and women who are and have been out there risking their lives to help others. As has already been said these people are true hero's. For all those who have lost family/friends, pets, and/or property, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

It'd be near impossible to charge them for murder and I think it'd be really difficult to charge them for manslaughter even. I think the only option they have to stop these fire bugs is to make the arso charge just as bad if not worse then manslaughter charges.

Marysvile is %80 destroyed.

Quote" Mr Walshe said police believed some of the fires were deliberately lit, but would not say which ones.

A police spokeswoman later said anyone found to have lit the fires would likely be charged with murder or manslaughter.

"They can be charged with murder, it depends on the evidence that comes to hand," the spokeswoman said.

"They could be charged with manslaughter or they could be charged with murder."

Hey Grim, What is the situtation up at Mumungee and Everton?
Its not that far from you.

Murmungee and Everton are in the same situation as us right now. Very close to the fires, but luckily we have the wind on our side so far. The fronts are pushing towards Dederang and down toward the Kiewa Valley at the moment, if the wind stays steady I think Everton should be okay. It's all wait and see at the moment.

As of 4.30pm it has risen to 38.2c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back