Fire Donation - Adelaide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh another thing i thought of was maby tinned dog n cat food etc, because the familys that have had to do a runner with there animals probably dont have enough food money etc and things like leads?

would that be any help?

Lol, I'd be more than happy to take my van & trailer but with my track record for breaking down, it might not be wise, lol. But if SA are as generous as I think they are we might need a truck. I will put my hand up for driving, I have an HR license. Anyone want to donate the use of a truck?? lol.

kak we could organise putting money together to hire one u no moving trucks etc if need be
i could always keep u company if u go for the drive there!

Lana........... tinned and dry pet food, bird seed, and non perishable food for humans might be a good idea.

You're on Lana! You can be navigator, lol. I wonder of any of the truck companies would free lease one to us. Good PR for them! Then we could take bigger stuff like table, chairs etc. I have a spare bunk, a table, a TV...

oh no i cant do maps... lol ill get us lost in 1second before we even leave town!

i might be able to enquire about trucks, i also may be able to enquire about the train to vic.. my dad is incharge of the railways like the ghan n stuff n all the freights etc if that would help

but i reckon if we get a truck we should fit it all!

Kaki, ring around, butter up a couple of places, I'm sure they'd love to get a bit of free publicity too!!!!!!

Looks like Bev"s riding shotgun with you Lana! lol. Let's wait & see if we need it first. If we do, then we'll have got us a convoy! lol. I have printed a few fliers to put up tomorrow. I am wondering whether to put a notice over the local radio as well. And contact some of the Family houses around the hills. Looks like a busy day tomorrow!

Yep, im sure we could find a truck, if not we are good customers of Kennards, we could probably get one of theirs.

Im sure there are many more places rallying together to take stuff over there, but at least we are trying to do our little bit.

Happy to also take anything non perishable over there too.

awesome i am woodcroft and i will be seeing you soon.

It is fantastic Tayrn that you have taken the initiative to get things rolling
to assist the people caught up in this tragedy.
We had a big cleanout of unused clothing only a few weeks ago.
But there are other ways that APS members can assist with donations
to charities and other organistaions (Bunnings, Myer).
I have made a donation to Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund.
Lets also not forget the devastation this has caused to wildlife.
I have also made a donaton to Wildlife Victoria who are desperate for funds:
http://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/cms/index.php

Last edited:
We have just had this advertised on mix 102.3 and anyone is welcome to drop stuff into there station and we will collect from there.

So thats another drop off point for anyone in that area.

Ok Mix 102.3 has been inundated with phone calls so are NOT going to be a drop off now as they dont have the room, so please pm me and we will organise to collect.

Have rallied my e-mail list, got donations straight away......................more to come

Let me know what you have and how much we will try save some room and collect on the way through, if we dont have room we will collect on the way back for the 2nd run over.

I think this is what they call the snow ball effect !! Lol...

If we have enough stuff to warrant your wagon and trailer i will let you know!

Thanks everyone

I am ready, and able.......... I would love to help in such a way, would be a lovely reason to go for a drive!!! Can drop the stuff off to you if you wish

Ok, we have companies ringing us donating TV fridges Washing Macn=hines, we are currently trying to organise a freight company, if we can get all the goods dropped to us, we are going to get a freight company to deliver, im sure i will find one that will do it free of charge. If not im sure i will find people to chip in for the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back