Fire Donation - Adelaide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
centrelink is not a private company ,its a government business ,therefore it is the government!:rolleyes:......and I hope you have given like all of us should do ,everyone helps out how they can so why put crap on them ? I am sure Mrs I has been told what to do before jumping on the band wagon so like I said give her some credit :rolleyes:

Like I said Im not going to get into the whole Centrelink debate with you. Its nothing more then trivial and does not effect the outcome whatsoever.

Im not putting "crap" on anyone. Ive stated to some of these people in the chat room that they have been advised NOT to do what they plan to do. Have also offered the alternative and correct way to assist but its fell on deaf or ignorant ears.

Announced just then on SAFM that they are still in need of clothing and essential items, there is a truck leaving the Barossa Valley on Sunday or Monday, please contact the radio station SAFM for this lady contact details, if we can get it all to her they are taking over a massive truck.

She rang the centre direct and asked if they still needed more stuff and the centres response was YES !

Dont make this into a BITCH fight guys, ffs these people need help not people bickering.

Grow Up..

Mrs_l

I sent you a PM ring me Asap, we had our freight company pick up a lot of gear here today and they are getting into the needed erea with there trucks and drivers. Contact me and I will see if I can get truck to your house for you.

Regards Tim

TIM - You are a true BLOODY legend !!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also my husband has just dropped one full transit van and caged trailer load down to Wayville showgrounds. They are sorting packing and loading semis and sending them over so if you can get stuff down there it is going straight over to those in need.

Eylandt - I know you are trying to mean well, but so are all the people donating their own clothes off their backs for this cause. It is not that they dont want the goods, they will need it all. Better to give something than nothing at all.

I just picked up 2 loads from my kids school including boxes of toothpaste, shampoo, wheetbix, dog food.

Big thanks again Tim !

To show where my heart lies i will be spending the next few days down at Wayville Showgrounds helping the volunteers sort the donations...

TIM - You are a true BLOODY legend !!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your the ones that put this up on the forum I am glad we could help.
Good good Mrs l you should be proud of your self.

Best regards from the URS team

Why do so many threads end up in bitter words & accusations? Seriously, I think we need to just let it be. I have spent all afternoon sorting, bagging & labeling goods left at our Community Centre. I have talked to a church group who is keen to help & am currently waiting for word from my brother who lives a very short distance from the affected areas. I have asked him to ask around & find out where I need to go.
I appreciate your comments Ey but whether you mean it to or not, it sounds like you are having a go at us for DOING something! The big organisations often get bogged down by beaureaucratic BS, something we dont have to worry about. And we are not asking them to do anything except point us to where the donations are needed. Last radio report I heard stated baby goods like nappies were needed as were shoes, non-perishable foods & bottled water.

I know that you have the best intentions kakariki but ignoring the requests made by Red Cross (who run the Community Centres) and Police doesnt help the situation. The big organisations arent bogged down in any beaureaucratic crap at all. Theyve been handling things nicely down there so why isnt it enough to steer clear of areas that youve been asked not to go to and simply follow the requests (to donate to your local Salvo's store or similar collection point) of the people running the show?

I am not going to argue with you Ey. I fail to see why you feel the need to try to tear us down. I have just had a call from one of the shire councils in the area. They themselves were lucky & only lost a handful of houses but I have been given 2 phone numbers of groups wanting goods. Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. It might be better to say, you have been heard Eylandt, we have taken what you have said on board but you are contradicting the info we are getting from people that are actually there. And for the record, my niece is a stationed in the area & I will be asking for her take on it all, from a POLICE point of view.

I am not going to argue with you Ey. I fail to see why you feel the need to try to tear us down. I have just had a call from one of the shire councils in the area. They themselves were lucky & only lost a handful of houses but I have been given 2 phone numbers of groups wanting goods. Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. It might be better to say, you have been heard Eylandt, we have taken what you have said on board but you are contradicting the info we are getting from people that are actually there. And for the record, my niece is a stationed in the area & I will be asking for her take on it all, from a POLICE point of view.

I believe Ive already given a link containing the point of view POLICE have,
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/1376648-post78

Last edited:
he is obviously in a mood just ignore him :rolleyes:.as i said before and will say again YOU GUYS ARE BLOODY FANTASTIC and keep on doing what you are doing ;)..and this week hubby and I are going to brave it and go and donate blood as I am O + and he is B + so thats our input on top of cash donations for both fire and flood victims,the death toll wasnt as many but there are alot of FNQ people that have to start again too:cry:

OK Eylandt, you've made your point, now scuttle off and let some real work get done, you'll not stop it, so just accept that there ARE those desperate enough to DO something. For many, it's not nearly enough to know ok, we put our hands in our pockets, that's it, I did me bit, we need to DO something. There are many different kinds of people who are only comfortable with putting their hand in their pocket, that's about as much as they feel they need to do, but htere are those who can't just sit on their backsides and shake heads at the loss and devastation, they HAVE to get physical and help physically. Imagine how the Victorians that desperately need the help would be if we were all of the type who just sat back and put our hands in our pockets?? What would be DONE then??

No, you do your bit your way, leave others to do it theirs. Goods ARE needed over there, money will not flow there for a while, so what are these people supposed to do?? Stand around in their smoke-laden stinking clothes for a couple of weeks while we get the money together, sorted, and over to them, so they can them go out and get some shopping? GET REAL........... there is a need, and it wil l be filled... get used to it, you won'd change anyone's minds!!.... now.... off you go!!!

myself and and a few other wildlife carers are collecting for the wildlife, they need things such as petrol vouchers as well as medical supplies. If anyone is wanting to help send me a PM

Thanks

OK Eylandt, you've made your point, now scuttle off and let some real work get done, you'll not stop it, so just accept that there ARE those desperate enough to DO something. For many, it's not nearly enough to know ok, we put our hands in our pockets, that's it, I did me bit, we need to DO something. There are many different kinds of people who are only comfortable with putting their hand in their pocket, that's about as much as they feel they need to do, but htere are those who can't just sit on their backsides and shake heads at the loss and devastation, they HAVE to get physical and help physically. Imagine how the Victorians that desperately need the help would be if we were all of the type who just sat back and put our hands in our pockets?? What would be DONE then??

No, you do your bit your way, leave others to do it theirs. Goods ARE needed over there, money will not flow there for a while, so what are these people supposed to do?? Stand around in their smoke-laden stinking clothes for a couple of weeks while we get the money together, sorted, and over to them, so they can them go out and get some shopping? GET REAL........... there is a need, and it wil l be filled... get used to it, you won'd change anyone's minds!!.... now.... off you go!!!

Rightio, Im sure you know what they need better then Red Cross and Police. Go against their requests to stay away as quite obviously the people running the show dont know what theyre doing. If they were saying "Yes, please drop goods off to the Centres" I'd probably be on the drive down there myself. Thing is thats not what theyre saying. Theyre saying stay away! Anybody who has actually bothered to make enquiries would know that. STOP MAKING OUT LIKE IM PERSONALLY AGAINST SENDING GOODS TO THE CENTRES.

For those who are donating goods to Salvo's the latest list of goods needed are:

Shoes (particularly Mens Large)
Kitchen Utensils
Pet Supplies
Underwear
Toiletries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back