Pet Shop should be shut down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what bout writing to local members, federal members or ministers?
would b good if there was an election down there. could be a great tool for both parties.

Do what ever you like, nothing will happen. Seems being on the commitee helps him out everytime, don't think you're the only one to have contaced the correct authorities and tv stations, it's all been done before.

So we just sit back & give up? Sorry, that's not in my personality! This place MUST be stopped! And there IS a way to do it. We just need ONE person who has the power, to take notice & we will make a difference. I don't believe in apathy..these animals need someone to speak for them & I am willing to stand with nocturnal_pulse (albeit from a distance) & help MAKE it happen! I have sent emails to ACA & Head office of RSPCA. I urge everyone who can go to this pet store to complain to do so. And write letters of disgust to the editor of whichever paper is read there ( eg Advertiser equivelent) Many loud voices get heard!

No-two, that kind of attitude wont get ANYTHING done.

Neither will wasting your time pretending like you're making a differance. I've called authorities several times and spoken to people from 7 and 9 news not one of them have ended up doing anything.

So we just sit back & give up? Sorry, that's not in my personality! This place MUST be stopped! And there IS a way to do it. We just need ONE person who has the power, to take notice & we will make a difference. I don't believe in apathy..these animals need someone to speak for them & I am willing to stand with nocturnal_pulse (albeit from a distance) & help MAKE it happen! I have sent emails to ACA & Head office of RSPCA. I urge everyone who can go to this pet store to complain to do so. And write letters of disgust to the editor of whichever paper is read there ( eg Advertiser equivelent) Many loud voices get heard!

Get off your high horse, have you even been to the shop? No one is going to take you serious concidering you don't even live in the same state as the shop. As I said, you can all waste your time pretending like you're going to make a diffeance but again it will get swept under the rug like dust. Why not do somthing productive with your spare time, read a book or learn to fish if you like waiting.

I've also been to this place and was equally apalled. I had a look at their reptile section and many of the snakes were ill and the shop assistant claimed that he "wasn't keen on reptiles and didn't know how to pick them up" when i asked to see a hatchling.

I had a look at a few black headed pythons and they were half dead and had uneaten pinkies in their click clacks that must have been there for a week or more. They were charging $1200 for them aswell.

I left totally bewildered and in a hurry. The place felt like a morgue, not a pet shop.

Get off your high horse, have you even been to the shop? No one is going to take you serious concidering you don't even live in the same state as the shop. As I said, you can all waste your time pretending like you're going to make a diffeance but again it will get swept under the rug like dust. Why not do somthing productive with your spare time, read a book or learn to fish if you like waiting.

no-two you are entitled toy our opinion and that is fine but dont argue the fact that others are trying to do good by caring for the wellbeing of living things please dont reply again i am trying to use this thread to do something about the shop and posting negativity will not help at all....we may be wasting our time but if anything we are letting the people on this forum know and to be careful of this place ;)

What are the legalities to taking your own photos and pinning them on a popular noitceboard in another part of the town? Provided you don't put a person's face or name or personal details on public display I can't see why you couldn't do this to get the town's attention to the business.

Take a camera and take some photos of the shop - good quality so they can be printed large. Ppl take no notice of small pics. A sad puppy, the dirty cages and empty feed/water bowls. Everything you can to disgrace the shop without mentioning anybody's name, and discourage ppl from selling/giving their animals to this shop. Maybe I should have moved my shop next door to them instead of shutting it down. If I can say so myself, I would have put their efforts to shame and perhaps my business would be thriving. But, I'd had enough of the stress of owning a business. I should apply for work at this shop, let me take over, but I won't move to VIC if it means I have to leave any of my animals behind, and that includes my Roughie I don't have yet .. hehe ..

:rolleyes: No reply as I wont bring this thread down with petty bickering. I wasn't having a go at you....just stating a fact! PM me if you have anything else to add!

hey ssssnakeman naked people have better things to do than stnding on a footpath waiting for the press to turn up . NO im not defending the filthy shop ,just us nudists.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the legalities to taking your own photos and pinning them on a popular noitceboard in another part of the town? Provided you don't put a person's face or name or personal details on public display I can't see why you couldn't do this to get the town's attention to the business.

Take a camera and take some photos of the shop - good quality so they can be printed large. Ppl take no notice of small pics. A sad puppy, the dirty cages and empty feed/water bowls. Everything you can to disgrace the shop without mentioning anybody's name, and discourage ppl from selling/giving their animals to this shop.\ .

Very good idea... also a letter drop would be good as well.....

myself and another member have reported this to A Current Affair if anyone else would like to share there concerns to them here is the link the more people the better and something might finally be done for these poor animals/reptiles

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback/default.aspx?formid=228

you should ring "today tonight" and tell them that RSPAC & ACA is sitting on their hands over this, who knows maybe they'll get two stories out of it:)

if we can come up with a way to turn people from shopping there or evan entering the store.... they may end p closing due to ot being able to pay for anything..... just a thought

These places are open for the public to see - how do they continue doing what they are.

Where are the real RSPCA they appear to be..it is their responsibility to remove animals in harm or danger. I am liking the photo idea mysnakes.

What ever you guys do , i am 100% behind you and will give anything to help.
Nikki

i haev re visitied rspca they ahev stated they will send out a crew to investigate tomorrow so fingers crossed

All I have to say is, I'm very happy I don't know where it is. I'd get more than banned!

people think outside the box. start a riot in there store or something. lol

nothing will happen dse will sit on there lazy backsides and rspca will keep forwarding info onto them hoping they will do something.
between this forum and 2 others there have been at least 5 discussions about this stores poor condition and all have ended with the original poster saying (ok, i finally did it, i became a big kid and called the rspca and they said they will send an officer out tomorrow)

either we have five people who lied about being big kids, 5 rspca/dse officers who dont know what a poorly kept animal actually looks like or they just realllllllllllllly do not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back