Pet Shop should be shut down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it against some law to save sick and endangered animals? It's done in the wild, or are human organisations/individuals exempt from cruelty and negligence acts/charges?

Post a slightly changed version of their name, if it doesn't exist, it's not illegal. There's also youtube.

The animals are waiting for you.

If any of this doesnt work, think up a great excuse why old mates sloppy care is putting childrens lives and health at risk, then all those people might listen. Funny they can ignore the cries of innocent animals, but speak the words 'child being harmed' and everyone gets off their err.................. chair?

Why not have a "HEALTHY REPTILE PROTEST" ????
Everyone who is able to go down there with their healthy reptiles and gather outside the shop.
Show them what healthy, happy, well cared for reptiles should look like.

Tip off the local news, MP's and any media you can think of.
Tell ACP and Today tonight you are doing it.
Get someone to film it for UTUBE.
Post the "protest" on facebook, my space, youtube.
Put flyers in the local vets.

What is a PIJAC commitee ????
Inform all members of PIJAC of this persons shop.

Donut

PIJAC has been changed to PIAA (Pet industry Association of Australia) Not all pet shops are members of this association and the majority of PIAA members have extremely high standards and are amongst the best maintained shops in this country With animal welfare the main priority above all other matters, unfortunatly some "Bad Apples" Tarnish the names of many respectable buisnesses and organisations.
BTW Donut, your text hurts my eyes!!!! :)

This store is absolutely appalling! i have been to it a few times and just cant believe thwe state of this place! and this has been the case for years with absolutely no improvement!

the reptiles are always malnourished and look sick, listless and lethargic. never have water, dwell in their own faeces etc. its just so sad :( seeing them in that state is just so wrong.

the birds are in overcrowded cages and aviaries. smelly cages. and yes, as for the kittens it looks like they are not even weaned! why do people still purchase from these places. surely anyone with a few neurons in their brain can see they are not in the best of health and conditions.???

ill be calling the authorities. lets see if we can make a difference here.

Go people power! Lets see things change for the sake of the animals! Good luck guys! Keep us informed.

youtube it will be in the next few days keep you posted....
agree YOU tube it ..you can get away with video taping without to much attention bought to yourself ...;) just do it but dont have anyones faces on the vid or if you cant help that block it out when you put the vid up ,your aim is to show the name of the store and the state of the animals not the staff ...goodluck NP

............... why do people still purchase from these places. surely anyone with a few neurons in their brain can see they are not in the best of health and conditions......

I also can't understand why ppl are even selling or giving their excess animals to this shop. Surely ppl selling birds, pets, and the reptiles can see that this shop has enough and doesn't need anymore. Worse still, they should be able to see that the owner isn't looking after what he has. These ppl are just as guilty as the owner. They should not be offering them, the owner should not be accepting them.

Open a bird cage and let the birds out. I reckon I wouldn't be able to help myself.

Pet stores have access to a list of available animals through major suppliers....these suppliers just care about teh bottom line not the welfare of the animals....doesnt matter the type, dog, cat, ferret or reptile these guys can get their hands on what they need.

Also, joining other animal forums and getting the word out could help.

Peta, kcc, cat and bird forums,
fish forums..

try to keep it local if possible..

Rat, rabbit, ferret and other wildlife forums
all have animal loving crazy people who
share the passion.

Newspapers take more notice if it's furred or feathered.
The only good reptile story, as far as they are concerned, is giant crocs eating ppl or stupid ppl getting bitten by snakes.

Newspapers take more notice if it's furred or feathered.
The only good reptile story, as far as they are concerned, is giant crocs eating ppl or stupid ppl getting bitten by snakes.

There's a good point for you's. Make the complaint, making the cute, cuddly animals as the attention-getters and then the reptiles can be mentioned once you have the attention. Even though your primary concern is the reptiles , as snakeman has said, nobody else cares about them.

G'day guys
ssssnakeman not that I don't agree with spreading the word but no one should contact PETA. Peta are against the keeping of all animals private or commercial and if you look at what they do overseas and the numbers of animals they don't 'rehome' it makes this store look good.
Nocturnal pulse good work keep it up let us know when you tube is up

think ill be sending a few emails and making some calls this weekend........... something to keep me busy.

why dont we have ''animal cops detroit'' in victoria! they would sort them out! they dont put up with any *bleep*

haha, would we get to have guns too?

I've never been to the store in question, bit far from me.. and all I've heard are bad things, so probably why I've never bothered, lol.. wouldn't mind being 'banned' from it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back