Can someone tell me wat my snake is ? im new to the scene

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmouks

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i recently adopted this snake from a friend of mine who no longer could keep it so thought why not can anyone help us out lol hes given me a reptile tank for it with all the items to go with it i just have to buy a new heating bulb ........

Attachments

• 24052009.jpg
    24052009.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 324
Is it on licence? The previous owner should be albe to tell you unless its unlicenced or something

indeed i am so its a Murray Darling ....... hmmmm

thats the first thing that poped up in my mind too, Hope you have a licence...and sub adult Murry Darling. absolutly a murry darling. what where you told it was?

THe snake has to have a history on licence, not just written on yours.

the guy i took it off wasnt but i did the online license with epu.com and it never asked wat type it was thats why i wanted to know lol

Definately a Murray and going by the reddish brown colours in it id say its an S.A. form of Murray Darling.

did you get the previous owners licence details, and make sure you inform the parks and wildlife you have taken it, they also have to put your details in there permit details as well.

thats if you don't know, thats all if you do know all the fuss over sorting out the licence details then cool.

so wat do i do im from qld goldcoast does the snake need to have history of some sort

murray darling for sure
but most license paper work only refer to just scientific name.
Victorian permit book quotes only

Common name: Carpet Python Code No of species 2969
scientific name : Morelia spitota variegata

but if u just adopt this from a "friend" i'd make sure all thier paperwork is legit and up to date before placing this animal on your paperwork

G'day mrmouks,

The permit simply allows you to keeper specified native reptiles. It doesn't give you blanket approval to keep whatever comes your way - you need to keep fairly detailed records of what species it is, who you purchased it from, and complete a Movement Advice the details both your particulars, and the person you are buying from/selling to.

It sounds like the snake isn't covered by any paperwork at the moment, so your best option is to contact the EPA and let them know what the situtation is. They are very open to this sort of thing - if you co-operate with them, they will return the favour and sort it out.

Cheers

The guy you got it off had to be licenced too, otherwise its not a licenced animal and probably just been wild caught or come straight off the black market. Hehe
You cant put it on your licence as its not a licenced rep, you have to hand it over to the authorities so it can be put on the licencing system

thanks buddy ill give them a call first thing 2moro

Its all good, even I once apon a time thought you could catch a beardie or something from the wild and simply get a licence if you wanted to keep it. They dont exactly make the rules very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back