Can someone tell me wat my snake is ? im new to the scene

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so wat it is lol ill take better pics and post them up i reckon

You don't say which state you are in. In SA you are allowed to have 1 native animal without a license.Nice looking Murray, have you got any clearer pics??

it just looks like a normal murry darling to me...lol maybe a better pic showing the brown and red that we othere's are having trouble seeing would be good. its most def a MD mate

and does mean i lose it and have to go get another one

new better pics wat is it

so wat type of snake is it help ?

Attachments

• P1020199.jpg
    P1020199.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 104
  • P1020200.JPG
    P1020200.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 88
Looks like a Vic MD;

can you do a zoom up on those frail scales on the head and neck ? (with flash)

P1020199__.jpg

Last edited:
G'day mate,

It's definitely a Murray Darling. You may or may not lose the snake - your best bet is to call them up and sort it out. If you do lose the snake, it will go to a good home within a wildlife park or with a wildlife demonstrator.

it is a Murry Darling Python, like we said it was before. it hasn't changed since the first pic though. nice pic's too.

I can sort of see some brown but red not really. this doesn't change it's a murry darling ether. just might determan locality and thats it.

when my friend had it the snake got out and damaged himself but its healing up

its nice to see your asking the questions and not taking anything to heart...good on ya everyone for not taking this out of consept and blowing up in his face about the situation too.

how long did your friend own it for? did he/she find it from the wild or did they buy it from another person?

you may be able to find out who owned it first, if you can't then at least your doing the right thing in trying to get the snake sorted. if the snake end's up being taken by the parks then you should get your monie back if you bought it from your mate. if your mate hasn't got the licence and new he needed one to keep it he can get into trouble. if your mate didn't know he needed one then he still could get a slap on the rist or a fine. you never know what there going to do when you take it in to get it checked for previous ownership details. but the thing is it's you responsability to follow it all up if it legit or if it seems fishy and has no permits if it makes it's way into your collection or your hands.

sorry if it all seams confusing but these are some possiblities you could face.

do what been sugested asap and you might find they are very helpfull and may just give you a warning.

good luck

guys i found out today that it was licenced but cant seem to trace it back to whom it was licensed too anyone got any ideas/?

i dont understand how "taking it in to get checked for previous ownership details" works??
like how do they trace the snake back through owners etc? are they chipped or something?
cos obviously if his mate isnt licensed im sure hes not gonna wanna dob his mate in, so is there otherways of tracing whether its captive bred and has previously been on a license???

well I'm guessing that if his mate bought it from another person previously then they would of updated there paperwork when they sold it or gave it to him. which you need to do anytime you despose of or sell an animal anyways. so in saying that they'd have to add who they sold it to and there details and handed that in that year when you get an renewal for your licence.

find out if your mate remembers who he bought it off and what state he got it in. then you should be able to ring the Parks to find out what this persons permit details are, or if there licenced. if it turns out that they arn't or something had happened and they lost the permit for some reason then you still won't be able to keep the snake. but if they find out what the permit details are and a phone number you may be able to get in contack with them and ask further details.

you could just say to them that your thinking of buying this snake but you'd like to find out first if these people are licenced to keep it. that way they have to check them up and you don't have to say it was your friend.

If it was me I would never take any reptile of anyone if they didn't know if they are licenced or not. too risky, plus I couldn't deal with someone coming round and taking all my animals and the fines they can dish out. you can get into deep trouble these days for looking after someone elses reptiles if you don't get there permit details off of them, found that one out few years back when a mate was looking after mine when I went on holiday. they where looking after someone elses and didn't get there details and the parks and wildlife found out sent some people round and sent my mate to court, she faced getting a $40,000 fine, and loosing all her snake 36 of them, my 4 and all the others they where looking after. luckly they got a small fine and a warning but it was so close.

if they can act on something like that imagine what the panelty for keeping an unknown licenced animal or possible wild cought.

I just say good luck anyways to you.

Hmmmm

Im sure you honestly didnt know, but next time you buy/get given a reptile make sure you check their license first...

What state are you in ? Id find out from your mate whos license he was on and then call parks n wildlife asap

Do you know how to care for it ?

yeh i know how to care for it i spoil the thing rotten lol i can get it licenced i rang epa today they said that i just had to prove where it came from by a MA and then i can get it all sorted so its from adelaide anyways they just brought it up here without the ma permit south australias rules allow one snake without a permit and to export the snake to queensland u need a export permit and then its all good the epa just dont want people taking wild snakes hence why there so strict when it comes to the licence issue

well thats a sigh of relief, great job in working it all out and have fun with your new snake once it's all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back