'Mossman pygmy stimos' Pt2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAVE , read back through this and every other thread . to many self confessed herpers stating thing as facts when cant be proven .. you guys cant even agree on whats a stim mac ,childreni ,intergrade . you guys couldnt even agree on where they can and cant be found . what a joke where do you think this leaves the rest of us if you guys cant get it right . its blokes like you with a closed mind stating things as facts .. thats how i got into this mess old school herpers giving out wrong info ..

DAVE , read back through this and every other thread . to many self confessed herpers stating thing as facts when cant be proven .. you guys cant even agree on whats a stim mac ,childreni ,intergrade . you guys couldnt even agree on where they can and cant be found . what a joke where do you think this leaves the rest of us if you guys cant get it right . its blokes like you with a closed mind stating things as facts .. thats how i got into this mess old school herpers giving out wrong info ..

Andy, I wonder, have you ever stepped outside your reptile breeding room? Have you ever seen your pygmy pythons (or any other) in the wild, do you know anything about their ecology?
How can you possibly claim that you know some "facts"? You don't stand up to Dave's ankles mate!

waterrat , thats just funny mate ...dont stand up to Daves ankles:) you know nothing about me . im 6 foot :lol:

as for not getting out of my breeding room:lol::lol::lol: see how this and the last thread started was someone wanted to know about pygmy stims . you guys just carried on where they can and cant be found . the funnyest thing most of all was when i we where all informed that only macs where found around cains then when it came down to it you blokes couldnt agree on whats a mac or not:lol::lol:. .

the only facts i gave out was discriptive info on what my animals look like . .which i can prove .. and the other fact was what another old school herper sold them to me as . not that i was 100% sure . but was unhappy with the attack on me .and the locality given was attacked . how can you possibly prove it is wrong .?you cant agree on there normal range let alone a local given 24 kms away . and just the fact that you guys cant agree on the sub species and what makes them what.. so it could even be a mac accouding to your blokes way of thinking ...so then the local is more then possible

another thing about this line i have .i dont mist any of my other antaresias but these i have to at least every now and again . as they do dry out and they are my only antaresias that will have trouble sheding in tiny little bits . if i dont mist them . so this is typical of a more tropical rainforest animal i feel .......not that im stating this as fact .

where im from we have lots of great spots for carpets , diamonds, intergrades ect as far as pythons go . but i never make comment if someone puts a pic up of a animal that they say is from my area and i think its not as i couldnt prove it .. like i said i new you guys would keep talking crap . now its switched from the original topic to a attack on me i love it you guys have got nothing :lol::lol:

You have missed my point completely but judging from your writing style, it's not all that surprising.

I dont care if their found here or there,they are gorgeous little pythons Andy.You have information from Michael stating were their from,so basically no=one else can say otherwise.Why cant some ppl just give a opinion on the subject instead attacking ppl.I can understand why the majority of decent herepers stay clear from any reptile forum...

theres no need to get personal waterrat !!!!

So it's alright for ANTARESIA to have a go at "old time herpers" and what they have done to him ..... (bit silly) but they can say a word?

. thats how i got into this mess old school herpers giving out wrong info ..

they are very nice animals andy and I dont want to get into this debate on locality.

but I will say that bigguy (bob withey) and indicus (tremain anderson) are two of the most knowledgeable and experienced old school herpers I know. I remember bob from over 20 years ago from the AHS meetings and he was breeding animals and was a wealth of knowledge and experience even then when I knew squat.. And tremain has herped probably most places in north QLD many many times and would know the area like the back of his hand and is also a wealth of knowledge.

I dont doubt your sincerity andy, but do you think its possible that the information you have received from the seller you bought them from may have been incorrect or flawed? just a thought that may be worth considering mate..

Im not having a go at you, so please dont take it that way. Im just putting forward some thoughts.. all the best with breeding this line and making them available to the hobby.
cheers

Waterrat you are way out of line, it says more about your intelligence than Andy's. Pythons73 is right on what he said the majority of herpers don't contribute to the forums. Maybe they don't want to be attacked for there writing style.
Colin, Andy has said from the start of this that they may not be from Mossman. What he is saying that it is possible to find them at certain times 20km from where they say their from.

so after at least 3 long threads now about a snake that was sold to me as a stimsons python from MOSSMAN CAINS along time ago . then within the last 5 years because after many ,many years of breeding this line it is garrenteed ...this snake grows to a max of 60 cm but a average of 50 cm and i know all my adults some as old as 9 are all around the 155 -200 gram max in weight ..depending on time of year this is fact . this is how they got the tag PYGMY.... (I was not the first person to call them this either).. i can only comment on the animals i have .. also another fact about my line is they average 6-7 eggs . i have had about 15 clutches now from various animals from this line 1 did get 10eggs once. the bloke i bought mine off said his biggest clutch was 7 .. another fact is there eyes appear to be higher set on the head then say other commonly kept antaresias . they have a very squat type appearance very angle shaped head . all this is fact . also my line seem to have very good clear banding . they also seem to have colour mood swings they go very blonde ,just unreal .then can darken up same day . this is fact . also i find them to be my most unusual antaresia and my favorite and i have 200 + from about 20 different parts of the country.

now this is what ive got from you guys ,from people that dont even keep them .... none of you guys can agree where they are or arnt found . but mossman seems very unlikely .. you cant even agree if they are macs ,stims ,childreni,intergrade, or should just be called antaresia ?.. some of you guys have said its just a scam ,

so anyway all you guys have done is make me and the many other people that have pmd me and phoned me up about my unreal little pythons is to think none of you have any clue what so ever . you guys are just hobbyest just like me . and state your opinions , beliefs, experiences as facts when they are not . old school herpers and want to bes thanks for nothing , you are the ones that make this hobby crap . and put blokes like me in these situations . all i have done is breed a top little python that me and many others are more then happy with . so i will just be calling them qld pygmy ANTARESIA from now on this is as proven as any other name in the reptile industry .

the only positive out of all this for me is, it has shown there is a great demand for these little guys and this season is looking good ... cant really see what more can be said on this subject but im sure you guys will keep talking more crap .... ANDY

Sorry if I've offended you in any way Andy; it was not my intention at all.
I don't know of the three previous threads that you're referring to.
I seldom come on line these days; and just happened to come across this thread last time while looking through APS.
I just seen reference to these miniature form of stimsons as possibly occurring around the Mossman region; which simply is not true.
Since you breed this form; I thought you might appreciate knowing where they really are derived from...obliviously not.
They occur in a small area within the locality that I've provided; no where else to my knowledge; and that is a 'fact'.
I was keeping this form around 13 years ago; and I do have a very clear understanding as to where they occur in the wild; basically it's my backyard.
Intermediate forms between the 'cape' stimsons (larger animals standard head shape etc) and Mac's also occur in close proximity.
Same can be said for animals that display characteristics that appear to be an intermediate form between the larger C.stimsons and your pygmy's; as well as animals that appear to be an intermediate form between your pygmy's; and the Mac's; also occur within this area.
I believe it's these intermediate animals (pygmy x mac) that my line of Platinum's were originally derived from.
The area in general is a very complicated mixture of the antaresia gene pool; which I've been trying to understand for many years...
It's not as simple as just 'labelling' them that's for sure; which is what we often tend to do.
As you have expressed; these pygmy type of stimsons are quite different; and unique little pythons in their own right.
The prettiest looking specimens of these miniature stimsons I've seen; are yellowish animals; with purplish bands; very attractive indeed.
IMO to label these miniature form as 'pygmy's' is a fair enough call; why? because they are miniature.
Not all of us are as you describe as 'want-a-be's' Andy; some of us actually do have a fair understanding on animals found within our area.....or am I just speaking crap again; if so; I apologise.
May I suggest that you had better develop a thicker hide; you'll always have those who'll have a go at you; even if they haven't a clue....it is APS after all; get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back