night heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosk1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi i have been using a blue night light on my jungle python at night and i have half her tank in front of a window getting sun light during the day, is the tank ok without a uv light and just heat from the sun. or shuld i get a uv light
during the day

thanks

The general consensus appears to be that you don't need UV for Australian pythons (except maybe the diamond where opinion is divided). That said, the day light in my Stimspon's enclosure is a 26W ReptiGlow 2.0 UVB, just in case. I have been advised that, even though it probably won't help, a 2.0 won't hurt either..

Probably best to keep it away from the sunny window as it may get to hot and cook the snake :(

And also glass will filter out some vitamins ( d and K?)

Yes, the snake won't get anything beneficial from the sun through two layers of glass. That being said, it doesn't need any of it. The fact that many breeders and keepers have kept and breed many species of snakes without UV light suggests that it isn't necessary for a healthy snake.

i have a repti glo 5.0 uvb 30w would that be suitable? and the whole tank isnt visible to the sun i hav my blinds down letting enough sun to heat the tank but not over heat.

Why haven't you got a heat source for during the day? The sun would not be efficient enough to heat the tank up to 33C (especially in Sydney) through two windows and inside a house. You can use the night globe for during the day as well.

The UV tube is for providing UV, not heat. No, it would not be suitable.

i no this it is only temporary as my girlfriends rabbit got into the room and ate my brand new 70$ heat cable i wasnt sure about the night light was told 2 leave it off during day . i just want a day and night routine for my snake so if i use that uv light during day and the night light during the night is this suitable? i am buying a new heat source this week.
thanks

Just use a normal light bulb instead of the UV bulb and problem solved. If you plug the Rabbit in does he heat up?

ha ha ha never tried to plug a rabbit in where would i plug the cord???? im not in2 beastality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back