snakes have not shead and I have had for over 3 months

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smacktart

Reaction score
Hey I have 2 diamond pythons they live in the same enclosure (dont start winging bout having them in the same enclosure they always sleep on top of each other and they are fine) they are only about 6-8 months old I have had them now for about 3 months and they have not sheaded or look like doing it. temps are 33 degrees and an humidity of 55 they have a water supply and they both eat each weak only the male has missed 2 feeds.

Um just wondering how often they shead or if there is anything wrong thanks

nothing wrong, my bredli girl didnt shed for 4 months once.
They will shed when they are ready.

I agree with bfg23.
Be worried if you see your Diamond's with dry skin hanging off them or somehting similar, I'm sure when they shed it will be a healthy one :)
Ben.

Yeah I have a stimson and Coastal Carpet, opposite ends of the house, different enclosures/temps/humidity etc, and both just went just over 3 months without shedding, and then shed within a day of eachother last week! Very amusing coincidence!

hehe, i'll trade you my spotted who just shed twice in one week.
and no he doesn't have any sort of skin problems etc. he is just a big fatty!! he's totally going on a diet me thinks!

Thanks for opening this thread....because my stimmie has just gone 8 weeks and hasn't shed and I wasn't sure if I should start to be concerned, but obviously not... :)

My Stimmo has shed 3 times in the last 14 weeks (from 6 mths to 9 mths old), but he has also eaten 5 pinky mice, 8 fuzzy mice and 2 fuzzy rats, and grown 16cm (from 28cm to 44cm) in that time. Health, environment (temps/humidity), age, food type and size, frequency of feeding, as well as rate of conversion of food to growth or energy will all affect how frequently a snake sheds. What I find interesting is that the time between sheddings is not even more unpredictable than it is.

Hey I have 2 diamond pythons they live in the same enclosure (dont start winging bout having them in the same enclosure they always sleep on top of each other and they are fine) they are only about 6-8 months old I have had them now for about 3 months and they have not sheaded or look like doing it. temps are 33 degrees and an humidity of 55 they have a water supply and they both eat each weak only the male has missed 2 feeds.

Um just wondering how often they shead or if there is anything wrong thanks

My diamond hasnt shed since February. This has alot to do with the fact she didnt eat during winter, (April til September) During that time she hasnt lost any weight at all!!!
Also 33 degrees is too hot for diamond, you want bout 28-30 degrees,

My understanding is that you should try and keep the shedding between the 6 to 12 weeks, if longer than 12 weeks you can afford to increase the food intake either by feeding more frequantly or increasing the food size and if shedding constantly below the 6 week mark to back off on the feeding. This is just my opinion and I'm always willing to listen to other people opinions.:)

my bredli is almost obese, i am going to cut her feeding down a bit now, but she still took so long to shed still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back