Book by Rainbow-Serpent

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordo do what makes you happy ...talk about the moments leading up to getting your first snake and then how you felt after ..all the stuff you have dealt with since having your snakes and YOUR EXPERIENCE thats the key... this book isnt to use as a reference book ..its simply a book about a young girl who loves rare pets and how she wants to make other girls her age see that they are not all slimey and horrible to keep ...
GO FOR IT SWEETIE and anyone else giving her grief over it BUGGER OFF and get a life !!

HEY JORDO, if you write the book with the same passion you have for your babies im sure you will do well. and well said RBB. dont let other peoples thoughts stop you

Go for it..

Good on ya rainbow-serpent go for it, a book about yur reptiles from a kids view that's great , to get more kids interested in reptiles.One suggestion not so long maybe...:D:D:D:D:D

no offense, but i wouldnt read 150 pages about two snakes. there has to be more substance.

:)

agreed. but maybe some pop up pics here and there might get peoples attention especially others of her age ;)

Go for it. Do'nt let the oldies put you down, they're just jealous that they never thought of it or have the courage to put there necks out there.
If its gonna be a story about your journey, 150 pages is plenty, but if it's a guide maybe a bit smaller.

One tiny lil suggestion though, for the next year keep a diary then start your book. One year with reptiles (be it 1 or 100) wouldn't be enough time to make 150 pages interesting unless you've had all the ups and downs (eg parasites, worms so on and so forth).
But i would really love to see and read this book if it ever comes out and if the the book fails there's always the internet you could start a free website or a blog. You never know, it might even be worth starting there.

I rekon its a great idea :) Its something different, and it'll hopefully get non-herpers to relate a bit more to our world! It would be good if it would encourage more young people to get into keeping reptiles for the RIGHT reasons (i.e. for the love of them) and not to look cool in front of their friends. Goodluck with it :)

I love the idea. I think you write very well and have wisdom that is well above your years.
There are places where you can pay to publish your own books, then you can take them to bookshops to sell :)

I think that it is a fantastic idea.
Writing about your year of keeping reptiles, the mistakes you have made, your experiences, the highs and lows etc
Keep in mind...JK Rowling's husband poo pooed her book writing when she started.

I think that it is a fantastic idea.
Writing about your year of keeping reptiles, the mistakes you have made, your experiences, the highs and lows etc
Keep in mind...JK Rowling's husband poo pooed her book writing when she started.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is JK Rowling, lol,
What titles have they written?

And to Jordo, I say Good on ya!
I think that is an excellent idea.
When its ready, make sure you let us all know. My nephew who is 5 LOOOVES reptiles, I will be getting him a copy for sure!

When its ready, make sure you let us all know. My nephew who is 5 LOOOVES reptiles, I will be getting him a copy for sure!

JK rowling is the dude that wrote harry potter lol

No wonder I don't know em.
Never read one, never seen one of the movies either.

One of my exes dragged me to the cinema's once and 45 mins into it i dragged her back out, lol

Only one of the richest women in the world who wrote a bestseller series that sold millions of copies and has been translated into numerous languages world wide...this post must be a gee up or you have had your head in the sand for the last 10 years.

If you can't find a publisher (which will be very difficult, as they want to be assured of making money from the deal), you could always make it into an Ebook and upload it on websites for people to download and read.

Remember to harvard reference anything which is not your work too.

Good Luck with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back