Twilight Haters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ghey

adad.gif

nothing wrong with being attracted to 5 sexy males :lol:

Here ya go guys, I did put this on another thread too, but thought you might like it here!!!!! :pBWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:p
TwilightGifts.jpg

Lol I know a few people like that... I like Twilight myself... but I just wanna smack those people lol

"You're not a vampire, your a sparkling douchebag in a tree" <-- My favourite facebook group.

IMO, the books were poorly written, but the idea was good, many girls didn't love the book, but loved the character of edward cullen. The movies on the other hand, holy hell, I could do a recording of my little toe dancing and it would be better.. But then again, a pinky toe dancing is pretty top stuff.

Attachments

• 15942_192780010673_590245673_3016490_2080980_n.jpg
    15942_192780010673_590245673_3016490_2080980_n.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 16242_105070856175703_100000183660275_126904_5462414_n.jpg
    16242_105070856175703_100000183660275_126904_5462414_n.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 16338_193797497917_582837917_3156866_791743_n.jpg
    16338_193797497917_582837917_3156866_791743_n.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hehe!:lol:

Attachments

• celebrity-pictures-lautner-pattinson-you-rock.jpg
    celebrity-pictures-lautner-pattinson-you-rock.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 69
  • celebrity-pictures-radcliffe-pattinson-stab-sparkle.jpg
    celebrity-pictures-radcliffe-pattinson-stab-sparkle.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 77
New Moon: The story of a girls choice between Beastiality and Necrophilia.

There is so many reason this series suck
and why the movie sucks

ok First off the whole series when critically thought about, after reading the all four books is a massive slap across the face for feminism. Bella is whiny, melodramtic and petulant, she should be embarrassing and frustrating all women out there (my sister threw the book at my head and told i was a pig for suggesting this book). Ok she's 17 years old so she can be excused for acting a little childish but through my own 17 year old life experience when you start making decisions that allude you've past your adolescent stage and your starting to act like an adult that makes there own decisions in life. Decisions, about having sex with the right someone, marriage and spending the rest of your life with someone....and possibly getting turned into a vampire for someone you love, after making these choices I think she should be considered an adult (barely though)

Bella consistantly lets men control her life , time and time again and she lets it although she does make a massive show about and bitches and whines about it. She just acts very annoyed every time Edward over protects her as he assumes that shes a fragile thing that cant help but put herself in danger. At one point he "forbids" her from going to "La Push" to see young Jacob, because its to "too dangerous for her". Being a male myself i saw right through that manipulation, Edward Cullen , 104 years old, more life experience than anyone really - your jealous mate, further more your trying to control her. She has a whine and whinge about it but he gets away with it because she loves him (wants to please him).
This sounds all too common to an outdated stereotype on women and relationships.
The man is always right, also has the right to protect her from herself and others without second judgment.
That women are always getting themselves in trouble and need a "man" to get them out of it (classic maiden in distress)

The twisted (come on face it its twisted, he's dead) couples first "moment" is him protecting her from a out of control car. This is pretty much there relationship, symbolically. Bella is helpless and Edward taking charge shading her from all the bad things.
Thanks Ms Meyer is my girlfriend incapable living with out constant protection? That's not living at all, life is full of things that will hurt and maim, life is dangerous. Bella life is revolved around one thing called Edward, thats not love really, more self denial but whats worse is she is ok with that fact.

"There are a million tiny examples of how Edward controls and manipulates Bella emotionally, and how she lets him, even enjoying his doing so: he won't let her drive her own car, he won't let her do stuff by herself, he hovers outside (or inside) her bedroom at night. I just want to shake her and say, "If he really loved you, he would let you be free to do what you want!"

Edward isn't the only guilty party here. Jacob is the same way, to a lesser degree. While he's more tolerable, he still treats Bella like a delicate flower that needs to be cradled and protected. And she lets all this happen; in fact, she's quite the willing participant."

So whats Steph trying to say to teenage girls who this marketed at enormously? My opinion, love is about the protection and self denial of women. Find a male that can protect you from all the scary bad things in the world and your set...all you have to do is find the man of your dreams and give up everything that makes you an individual with thoughts and aspirations.
Give up your friends
Give up your college experience
You body
Even your humanity just for some guy, that hasnt sacrificed anything for their relationship. Wait up he's really pretty and he even sparkles and has a perfectly sculpted chest.

Ok thats my equality rant done.

Also the book is poorly written. Dont get me wrong I could not write something like the series (nor would i want to any way) but she just cant, she changes her time context quite frequently, cannot develop her characters or tension, bitches out on action scenes (where someone just black out etc) and write very unlikely action scenes) . By the end of the second book you dont really know who the characters are, hard to explain but the lack of character development is right up there for my hate of this series.

The two main characters are essentially impossible to like (retrospect)
Bella = whiny, melodramatic
Edward = over controlling boyfriend, almost stalkish whilst meant to be perfection, perfection is a horrible thing.

Jacob = charismatic and easy to like. But they cut him out and make him the antagonist :(

The movies
simply horrible
fake, horrible acting and the epitome of marketing youths

I could go on for a few more pages but i cant be bothered researching about stuff i truly dont like.

lol, i think youv read into it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much jannico. However im glad your on our side!

the best vampire books of all time (imo) were the Vampire World Trilogy by Brian Lumley..
his Harry Keogh: Necroscope Series were pretty good as well..

Im just going to say this about the whole thing.

I am completely against it on an academic standard. the entire book is a fanfiction. and before anyone says anything, yes I have read the books, and I have watched the movie (not the new one) for the simple reason that I would have bearing when stating all the reasons why this book should never have been published.

Congrats to Steph Meyer for being able to make an entire book series about NOTHING. seriously, nothing happens! Its predictable, and there are mary-sue characters being spit out like a cookie machine on the fritz. Meyer admitted herself that she doesn't consider her fans, she writes for herself. AKA - a fanfiction.

The main character, Bella, is the most boring, unexciting, uninteresting and has the personality of a wet mop. Who goes to a brand new school and on the first day has four boys get a crush on her? No one. It doesn't happen. Even when writing a fantasy story, there has to be strong elements of believability in it or else it comes off as a ridiculous, irritating piece of textual diarrhea.

There is no point of the vampires. There is no reason for them to exist in this story. They don't want world domination, or to take it back from the werewolves and they don't feast! They might as well just be humans and Meyer has just put it down as vampires so that she can spend innumerable paragraphs writing about how beautiful and enchanting Edward is. Seriously, half of the freakin' novel is about staring into his eyes. Come on!

This series is also a very bad role model for morals and relationships for young girls. It teaches them that it's okay if a guy is creepy and constantly stares at you. If he yells at you and tells you hes dangerous and may kill you, it means he loves you, and it encourages things such as unsafe sex, domestic abuse, stalking, dropping out of school and getting pregnant, to name a few.

In conclusion, there is a fine line between fantasy and illogical crap, and Meyer has found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back