Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellini

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if someone can identify this snake for a friend.
Just as a guess is it a jungle python?

Attachments

• 32069_1405054323683_1152131982_31061744_3770660_n.jpg
    32069_1405054323683_1152131982_31061744_3770660_n.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 371
I can see a little bit of diamond in it?? Although...Iam not experienced with Jungles...

Where was it found? Safe to say that its Morelia spilota.

excuse my ignorance, but what is meant by diamond intergrade?

Where Diamonds and Coastals ranges cross they cross-breed resulting in naturally occuring 'intergrades'. Also called 'port mac carpets' because they are found around the the Port Macquarie area. They have both a diamond and coastal look about them but can sometimes just look like pure diamonds or coastals which is why it can be hard to pick exactly what Morelia species that they are.

A natural intergrade is different to just crossing any old diamond with a coastal.

Where Diamonds and Coastals ranges cross they cross-breed resulting in naturally occuring 'intergrades'. Also called 'port mac carpets' because they are found around the the Port Macquarie area. They have both a diamond and coastal look about them but can sometimes just look like pure diamonds or coastals which is why it can be hard to pick exactly what Morelia species that they are.

A natural intergrade is different to just crossing any old diamond with a coastal.
View attachment 150357 Yes something like this may well be at the most southern edge of it's range.

I would say intergrade, one of my favs.

I really enjoy these threads, location will tell not opinions.

if it was me Id be thinking of lots of ideas for it the lovely thing to stay in my backyard....absolutely beautiful snake and huuuuuge !!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back