New Enclosure Vent locations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah thats what I figured Troyster, just gotta get the time to get to a hardware store for a look, cheers

Its really quite easy, I'm always on the lookout for cabinets to convert now.

You could try using the hangers that suspend the rails used in most wardrobes,they are available at Bunnings and arent to expensive.
Anyone know what these things would be called? I'm trying to hunt for a few pictures to give me ideas until I can get to a decent hardware store.

Im converting a white melamine bathroom vanity unit (minus the sink top, doors and dividers) into my new dragon mansion. When put on its side, it will measure 1200L x 680W x 480 H...perfect measurements for 2-3 adults apparently.

I got them for $5 each brand new still in their original boxes..

I have a spare one too if anyone wants it :)

Hey dezza looking good man!
i will use the stainless steel strains in my enclosure i am building but mines a alot bigger then yours.
i was wondering where u got that slide front door and does the provider have a selection of sizes and thickness

i need a slide door for this bad boy
UNIT 002.jpg

TV whole size is 1000 x 700

It came with the glass and everything already in it as it was someones old kitchen cabinet, so I got lucky

however the previous one I converted didn't have the original glass so I had to measure and order it from a local hardware store cut to size and with opening grips cost me about $120.

oscar.jpg
My Nephew Oscar tests out the enclosure for escapabilty....Wrong Oscar though as the Bredli going into this cage is also named Oscar.

Working on the electrical side today

WOO HOO!!

Electrical done, Thermostat, fluros and heat installed, just watching the thermostat to make sure its regulating fine

will post a few photos tomorrow when its daylight.

sorry to hijack your thread, but what are peoples opinions on putting vents on the back, then placing the enclosure against a wall- effectively making the vents almost useless.

Your vents should be high on the hot end and low on the cool end so you get convection currents to make air flow through the enclosure.
100mm speaker covers work well as vents,I buy them from jaycar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back