food for snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha people telling you your snake "looks venomous" i love that one. with the jungles its because "brightly coloured animals are usually venomous" and the CTS its because "theyre not thick enough to constrict so they must be" and the waters because "the head doesnt look like a 'normal python head'" (the only other python they have seen up close of coure being my jungles right next to it.. have already gotten this 3 times in the one and a half weeks ive had the waters) have heard these ones also.. i seem to be saying a lot on this thread.. ill let others speak now

i'm going to use this all the time now, thanks ! :)

ha yeah i use that line a bit its a good one, the most common thing i get ask is can you feed live stuff, i tell them why you cant/shouldn't/don't need too and most are shocked when i tell them a rat can seriously f up a snake then they seem more fascinated when i tell them all the crazy stuff rats can do and they end up more scared of rats than the snakes :p

it's just plain ignorance.... i like that other common remark. "arent you scared they'll get out and try to strangle you?'
i love that, i always picture one of my pythons wrapped around my neck killing me!!! haha

I have been asked if I feed my snakes kittens... I just laughed... Im also sick of hearing the ol "the only good snake is a dead snake"... need a couple of good come backs for that one. Any ideas?

Thats the reason I keep snakes, to prevent YOU coming to my house!

Not that I keep snakes..... I just have an appreciation for them

If they ask why me why not get a normal pet why keep snakes I just say coz I can it's like skydiving why Jump out of a perfectly good airplane I just say coz I can

All I know is, i feel safer leaving my 2 year old in the room with my snake, than i would with any dog. I dont understand how ppl can be scared of snakes, like some people have a full on phobia about it. My sis in law didnt used to come into my house coz i hav a snake (even tho he is locked up behind glass!) now after a bunch of therapy, she can come into the house, but the tank has to be covered up so she cant see it. Weird. Plus with all this "baby brain" i can forget to feed the snake for a day and nothing bad happens, if i was to forget to feed a dog, it might eat my child!

I was asked the other day if my snakes would eat my lizards, I replied yeah mate and vice-versa. The fellow in question stared blankly at me for a second turned shaking his head mumbling fancy having lizards big enough to eat snakes.:D Man it was so hard to keep a straight face.

Last edited:
well i was talking to a teacher about my snake.... and i mentioned that it was feeding night..... and she answered back with "sooo what do they eat, grass?" omg i neally fell over with shock, and she didnt seem to be joking either.

well i was talking to a teacher about my snake.... and i mentioned that it was feeding night..... and she answered back with "sooo what do they eat, grass?" omg i neally fell over with shock, and she didnt seem to be joking either.

Thats a classic!! Thats gotta be the funniest one I've heard! hehehehehe

hahaahahahahahaahh replace the insult as you see fit, rhymes with wuckfit.
that reminds me of knocked up when they are talking about abortion (smeeshmortion)

I just hate it when people are like why dont you have normal pets.
Define normal....

Ha, yeah I had someone ask me that and she asked me why I would want a snake as a pet considdering it can't show affection. I told her I dont have snakes as companion pets moreso rather as a hobby and the simple fact that I find them fascinating. all she said to that was "thats weird, thats just weird, it really is".
I felt like asking her what her hobby was and telling her that i find her hobby 'weird'.

THe best question i got so far was how do they clean there teeth after eating the cockroaches you breed and why dont you just use the cockroaches you find your house.

I laughed pretty hard at that. God msn is still worth my time.

OMG I get this all the time from friends. When ever I have friends or relos over that are scared to come into the house cos the snake bite 'Bite' them I invite them around the back to pat my 50kg Malamute then walk inside replying Id rather be bitten by my 3ft Murray Darling tine fangs than my dogs huge teeth so bye and have fun with Boss (The Mal)! Its amazing how quick they follow me inside.... Not that my dog would do anything to them but it makes them think!!

Oh and the snake being in a locked tank always gets well what if they bite there way out.... Seriously!!!!

i get the story all the time bout the snake sizing you up and stuff i just laugh and tell em how much of a tool they are then they try makin up another story but have no idea bout what there talkin bout its quite funny

I was asked the other day if my snakes would eat my lizards, I replied yeah mate and vice-versa. The fellow in question stared blankly at me for a second turned shaking his head mumbling fancy having lizards big enough to eat snakes.:D Man it was so hard to keep a straight face.

HAHAHA! :lol:

thats the first thing everyone asks, is it venomous? yes my daughter is freehandling venomous snakes while i take happysnaps...... hmmmm

Yep i get ya on this one, we must be bad ignorant parents to let our VENOMOUS PYTHONS hang out with our kids lol

and yeah im so sick of hearing a dead snake is a good snake, or the only snake i like is a dead one. Its just crazy, my bredli is more placid than my chihauhau who thinks he can take on a newfoundland and at least my bredli doesnt try to attack my visitors as they are walking out my front door, i would rather be bitten anyday by my snake than a bloody psycho chihauhau lol

Haha, loved reading through these posts!
While not snakes, I've got some pretty ridiculous questions asked about my lizards... "does it bite?" (I always reply that the tiny little beardie will take an arm off if given the chance), "why do you have a snake?!" (my blue tongue is not a snake...), "why isn't it on it's leash?" (oh... woops, mustv'e forget to put it on), "is that thing slimey?" (this seems to be a common question) and far more that I can't remember.
:D

I have been asked if I feed my snakes kittens... I just laughed... Im also sick of hearing the ol "the only good snake is a dead snake"... need a couple of good come backs for that one. Any ideas?

You could say: yeah, I wish your pets were dead too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back