What is THE most active/entertaining lizard in captivity?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggle

Reaction score
:D Hi guys!

I am planning my future collection... as you can imagine ^_^ reptiles are awesome.

I would love to get something that is active and entertaining/funny to watch. Would love to know everyones opinions :D

Currently have big old fatty beardies who don't get up to too much lol and boyds will be next... but would love something even if its small and commonly overlooked :)

Ari

go for a monitor i think a short tail pygmy monitor should do the trick;)

Central Netted Dragons 1st.
Daylight 2nd
Any gecko gets equal last place I'm afraid.

Hi Everyone, Sorry I'm new to the monitor world. I just googled Ackies, they look beautiful, but can I ask why is everyone voting for them? Do they have big personalities?

They are funny little creatures. Mine seems to be a bit shyer than everyone elses, but is still massively entertaining compared to nearly every other lizard I've seen.

Believe it or not, our sleepy's active as all hell. We've got a Bluetongue who sleeps all the time and does nothing, and a sleepy who runs around the tank, dances at the glass and eats anything that looks like food. Anyone got any ackie pics or stories? They sound neat!

The main reason ackies get so many votes is that they have all of the personality of a large monitor but in a smaller, more practical package. They're readily available and reasonably easy to keep (compared to the large monitors, anyway). IMO nothing beats monitors for activity levels and personality, but I'm biased. :)

Omg I jusT looked at ackies requirements. I don't think you should get them. They have loads requirements.

Seriously? What requirements are putting you off? They are literally no harder to keep than a bearded dragon. I'm finding it easier, actually.

Seriously? What requirements are putting you off? They are literally no harder to keep than a bearded dragon. I'm finding it easier, actually.
Well apparently they need at least 3 temperature areas, you must soak them once a week, they need presice lighting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back