What is THE most active/entertaining lizard in captivity?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Bobtails, their surprisingly funny when there active and very responsive to human contact, especially if foods involved.
87B51145-7872-4196-22ED-C928126D1867

:) ackies arent as hard to keep as you think snakeluvver... you may have come across overseas (US or UK) caresheets? In which case a lot of their climates are completely different to aussie climates therefore their care gets a little harder... having strict enclosure requirements and heating and lighting. Where I am, humidity during summer wont be an issue ^_^ Though tbh things like humidity and extra heating and basking precision just means more devices which tbh arent that expensive. If you are spending hundreds on your pet its no problem spending another hundred on thermostats, thermometers or hygrometers :) Plus an ackie cage is easy to build ^_^

I think I might get myself a pair of ackies ^_^ I need the entertainment while I work lol

what kind of license do you need for ackies/minators ect do you need a c2 or just a normal license as my misus really wants a pair next yr when we get a new place if the yard is big enough to build a enclosure/cage and are the care sheets for keeping them outside in n/e qld easy to find??

:) ackies arent as hard to keep as you think snakeluvver... you may have come across overseas (US or UK) caresheets? In which case a lot of their climates are completely different to aussie climates therefore their care gets a little harder... having strict enclosure requirements and heating and lighting. Where I am, humidity during summer wont be an issue ^_^ Though tbh things like humidity and extra heating and basking precision just means more devices which tbh arent that expensive. If you are spending hundreds on your pet its no problem spending another hundred on thermostats, thermometers or hygrometers :) Plus an ackie cage is easy to build ^_^

I think I might get myself a pair of ackies ^_^ I need the entertainment while I work lol
Yes youre right :) i was on a uk site.

For active and entertaining, you can't beat monitors IMO, probably goes hand in claw with intelligence!

Let me relate a quick story, if I may. Every morning, on sunny days, I move my male lacy outside for a change of scenery and some UV. This involves allowing to climb on my arm (sometimes head) where he sits calmly while I carry him through the house, into the garden and into his outside avery, where he climbs off onto his favourite basking spot. As temps
cool in the evening, he usually waits for me, even though he has plenty of hollow logs to hide in. He then climbs aboard and sits patiently until I get to his indoor enclosure again. Sometimes, if he feels its still warm enough for him outside, and I offer him a ride to early, he declines, because I reckon he knows I will be back later anyway. Also, he may get into a log if I'm running a bit late, but will leave the security of his chosen hollow when he hears me approach to catch a ride back inside again, even if its cold/already dark outside. He definitely knows that if he waits for me, I'll bring him into the warmth again. He's smarter than my dog!!

imported... thats such a cute story :)

My gosh what is life with a lacey like!?! lol I dont have room here he would take up half my office :) They are always the first to learn picnic spots = free meal :)

Love my Ackies. Very active and good to handled.
I am also very fond of my Water Skinks which are also entertaining to watch. Photos of both are in my profile.

Most of my Blue Tongues typically just lay around but I have one that walks up the glass doors of his enclosure when he sees me and climbs out on my arm when I open it so he can go out in his sunning cage or walk on the grass.

oops typo atlest ya got a giggle outta it :p none the less noone answered the question is a normal license all that is needed or would i need to get a c2 for us to keep a pair?

I think I've posted these before but I truly am a proud father :)

Attachments

• IMG_2756.jpg
    IMG_2756.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2783.jpg
    IMG_2783.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2826 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2826 - Copy.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2874.jpg
    IMG_2874.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 65
oops typo atlest ya got a giggle outta it :p none the less noone answered the question is a normal license all that is needed or would i need to get a c2 for us to keep a pair?
Your basic QLD Recreational Licence shows you can keep unlimited animals from the Schedule list (any of the lizards previously mentioned are part of this) and you are only limited by A1G1: keep a maximum of 2 restricted reptiles (QLD listed rare animals) and no elapids etc.

thanks book been awhie since i looked at that :D will have to have a look through it all again and see what other goodies we an keep

I know it's looking like ackie but... shingleback! Beautiful little things, my girl always wants to come out and is surprisingly active! Glad to see others agree! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back