Lost it all :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am so sorry to hear about your pets, home and everything and if your serious about starting afresh with maybe a new puppy could you look at rescuing one that has lost its home?

So sorry for your losses Mr Thumper.

What snakes did you have?

Michelle

Hey mate, I have several species of hatchlings here, when you get your house back together and have the time for more animals pm me and I will happily freight you down a new pair of snakes for your daughters and Ill even pay freight,

Mine and im sure everyone else on this sites prayers go out to you and all of the other victems of this great tradgity,

Ben

Hey mate, I have several species of hatchlings here, when you get your house back together and have the time for more animals pm me and I will happily freight you down a new pair of snakes for your daughters and Ill even pay freight,
Mine and im sure everyone else on this sites prayers go out to you and all of the other victems of this great tradgity,
Ben

Thats awesome, Ben :D

Sorry to hear about your lose. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I've told my kids the support we've received from this community and the offers of some additions when we get back in and it brought a tear to my eye to see them jumping around and already thinking of names.

It's a test of strength here in Brisbane and Ipswich at the moment, and we will pull through.

Thanks again,

Cris

im sorry for your loss mate
we have 2 rentels 1 in the heart of ippy and 1 in toowoomba
havent seen them in person yet only pics off the iphone
this is just .. dont know a work for it realy
im glad you ,ya wife and kids are safe n sound . you can replace pets ,cars , houses but you cant replace a lost love one
all my heart and sole goes out to you and every other Queenslander out there that has lost everthing
sorry about the spelling and if it dont make sence its been a very bad couple of days
best of luck to everone
AUSSIES ARE STRONG
WE STICK TOGETHER IN THE HARD TIMES

Ben

Ben,
It's amazing people making offers like yours that pull people thru things like this.
A week ago I donated money to those poor people in the rockhampton area for the disaster they suffered not knowing what was headed our way.

I may just take you up on that offer and I think my girls would love to join this great forum and thank you all personally

:)

Thumper
im very sorry to hear of your losses im on the north side and in 1 of the lucky areas as we only had the roads ect flooded in i hope everything works out for both you and your familly along with everybody else that has been effected by this dissaster both me and my partner have been glued to the tv watching the updates waiting to findout our area will be next thankfully for us that didnt happen.

gl with rebuilding your and your familys future we wish you all the best

Heya, if you haven't already been offered. Mum and I have some young cockatiels in our aviary. They're not long onto the seed (some are still begging the parents) You're welcome to a couple if you wish. They haven't been tamed though.

Mate im so sorry to here about yours and your familys losses but im glad all your family are ok . I also have some hatchies (jungles) here and if you would like a couple let me know , i also have a little tank split in 2 that just needs a heat mat and thermostat that could house them for at least a year and your more than welcome to have it aswell . Good luck with the huge job ahead of rebuilding your lives .

cheers nico

Houses,cars furniture can be replaced,however lives cant,so as long as you and the family are safe and unharmed,thats all that matters..This is WOMD -Water of mass Destruction...Unfortunately it will only get worse til it gets better..75% is affected,thats ALOT OF QLD....

very true my mom's friends friends died in the flood but the two children (15 and 17 I think) managed to escape

My sister lost her house and most of her stuff but the first thing she go out was her animals. I am horrified to hear of your loss. Sorry to say this but I can't understand how animals could be left behind, they should leave when the family does. In saying that in Toowoomba and Grantham and the Lockyer Valley with the speed at which water hit there wasn't any time to do anything, but in Brisbane we had days notice. I know I will be unpopular for this opinion but I have heard so many stories of people evacuating without their pets and it saddens me a great deal.

Last edited:
I agree darkhorse. There is nothing or no one to blame. Its the choices people make, and at the time there's no time to think. I know i would be just like you who would fight to get my animals out. Its sad to think how many animals couldnt be taken nor saved.
I am under the understanding though that evacuation centers weren't taking animals, and everyone was told they have to find family etc to look after them. I don't know how they can think that to be possible but i don't think many people were left with an option to take them:(
I just feel in this case, the animals are helpless without help. We as people had a lot of help thankfully, but would have been nice to know there was help for the creatures too.
Please keep in mind everyone has there opinions, my option would be to get mine out. I have very very little family left, which means my animals are my family. Its like leaving behind my brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. It would break my heart.
Condolences to all who suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back