Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been several alb tigers found in the past so it isn't out of the question.

Hmm..2ft..pink snake...you say it was a tiger,so im guessing it had stripes or a pattern of that appearance...if anything probably a released or surviving amelanistic corn snake.
Thats my guess!

Remember most, if not all, albino animals in captivity have been found in the wild. they are not common, but they are out there.

The albino i came across was is in a housing estate on the gold coast, last place i thought one would pop up. And no it wasn't a corn.

Miss2..the haters are gunna hate...right?
Lawds only save us from the big tough internet warriors.
Put 'em on ignore and it'll improve your experience here.

If it was me coming up against a tiger snake you wouldn't be seeing me for dust. There would actually be sod and soil kicked up in my wake.

Remember most, if not all, albino animals in captivity have been found in the wild. they are not common, but they are out there.

The albino i came across was is in a housing estate on the gold coast, last place i thought one would pop up. And no it wasn't a corn.

ahh awesome find! right here on the goldy..yeah i quickly edited my post! lol...

Can I make a point? Perhaps it will put your suspicious minds at ease. In the are where Miss2 lives are NO red-bellied black snakes or copperheads. The only two snakes found there are tigers and Dwyer's snake Parasuta dwyeri and the occasional Eastern brown (they rarely hand around farm dams).

Really not hating at all...

Just going by the ol' saying 'Pics or it didn't happen' ... Anyway, I would also be running back down there with a camera (as mentioned earlier)

waterrat i used to live in the bungendore area and i have seen red bellies there a few times?

Up Northern NSW there is a place, I won't say where, but it is South of Macksville on the coast. There is a sacred womans site that has pink (albino) tiger snakes. The indigenous people of the area believe that only woman can go there and be unharmed by the snakes,and there are many accounts by woman that I know personally of them going and camping there with their children and the snakes coming to the camp ground and just hanging around for a while and then leaving and of men going there and being chased by them. I have no reason to doubt these women saw them so I am assuming it is one particular family of snakes that constantly interbreed and therefore throw an unusual proportion of albinos.

EDIT: Please read carefully before ridiculing.

Last edited:
Up Northern NSW there is a place, I won't say where, but it is South of Macksville on the coast. There is a sacred womans site that has pink (albino) tiger snakes. The indigenous people of the area believe that only woman can go there and be unharmed by the snakes,and there are many accounts by woman that I know personally of them going and camping there with their children and the snakes coming to the camp ground and just hanging around for a while and then leaving and of men going there and being chased by them. I have no reason to doubt these women so I am assuming it is one particular family of snakes that constantly interbreed and therefore throw an unusual proportion of albinos.

no comment ?:S

Well at least I took the harassment off the poster, I don't really care if you don't believe me but i don't think that aboriginals would incorporate something like that into their art and dreaming stories if it wasn't the case.
they are called dreamtime stories not dreaming and i live in northern nsw and never heard of it and i take great interest in the local stories

they are called dreamtime stories not dreaming and i live in northern nsw and never heard of it and i take great interest in the local stories

You live in Byron bay and it is a long way away from Macksville last I checked. And the stories are called dreamtime stories but they are part of their dreaming. My daughter-in-law is from the same tribe as the people I am talking about so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back