Very very angry snake - help!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an innocent mistake to make but it looks like you have learnt from it and know better for next time, so it's all good. Even better you might have saved a few other people from perhaps doing the same by starting this thread.

speaking of snake bites.. would a snake bite hurt more then a dog bite? i know its off topic im just really curious.

That depends A LOT on what type of dog you are comparing to what type of snake!! :)

It is an innocent mistake to make but it looks like you have learnt from it and know better for next time, so it's all good. Even better you might have saved a few other people from perhaps doing the same by starting this thread.

DEFINITELY learnt a lesson!!!

I just checked on her again and she has burrowed underneath the paper towel that she had pee'd on... I'll try placing some water in there, possibly the box and see how she goes... If she comes out from underneath the paper towel to greet me with more strikes then I will just leave her til tomorrow I guess

Thanks again everyone, I felt so sick with guilt and worry before, so far she seems ok... hopefully it doesn't affect her behaviour and temperament, especially in the long run.

Poor girl :(

ok, update

I managed to change the paper towel and put everything back in her click clack without even getting her out... it took some time, but she didn't seem to mind too much

she seemed a little wary but didn't attempt any strike position and drank about half her water about a minute after I put it in.

I've replaced the heavy hide with the light globe box and covered the click clack with a light blanket, I'll leave her for a few days now.

All seems ok, she seems to be moving fine too, luckily it was only about a 1-2cm height that I dropped it from, otherwise I am sure it would have hurt her in some way. Hopefully it hasn't beyond what I can see....

Last edited:
A bite from a 4 month old Woma couldn't hurt that much (if at all), surely?
My 16 month old Jungle doesn't hurt. However, I got a couple of 7 week old rats (..for pets..) and
they have a much more painful bite.

As others have said, just give her time to settle. If she still looks like striking you when you wish to replace items
in her enclosure, then I'd just go for it.. It can't be too bad.

any young snake doesnt hurt at all, its just the shock. once you start having snake over a metre and a bit it can start to hurt a bit. just think if a dogs head was the same size of your snakes head it wouldnt hurt at all.

Last edited:
What a way to wake up huh?don't feel bad...accidents happen and that is life.the little buggers are tougher than they look.my new woma sleeps under a chocky bar box....flake i think.im scared of dropping waterbowl cos they are heavy and big.so i try to use odd plastic lids instead.

It say leave her afew hours , then use welding gloves if you still scared . I have little woma i bought my welding gloves for and after using them twice to get him out I no longer need them. Pretty sure it was all in my head but it worked !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back