Lady in QLD with corn snake hmmm... Not good.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know what you were saying in that particular post, but your posts are all pro-smuggling.

My posts aren't pro smuggling at all. I just don't think something should be killed if it's already here. If someone smuggled in a sumatran tiger I'm sure that would be illegal, but it wouldn't be killed because of someones actions.

I don't advocate smuggling at all.

now that you know about it and don't report it that makes you a supporter its a gut retching thing to do but you must report. i found a exotic not so long ago and handed it in knowing it would probably pay with its life for no fault of its own but that very same day i helped a friend remove a awesome mulga snake from his garage which made me appreciate what we have here and that everyone must do there part...

A sumatran tiger is different to a corn snake dude.
Bottom line is it is not legal

Seriously does anyone actually think corns are still smuggeled in... there are hundreds of thousands being bred in the country and have done so for a very long time..
I come across people with corns every now and then and i dont bat an eye unless they are obviously being treated badly..
I personally wouldnt keep exotics as i love my natives and wouldnt want those taken away from me.
But i dont judge people who keep exotics as long as they are well cared for..
And seeing how alot of exotics have been bred for multiple generations in this country..how high is the disease risk..really???

The way I see it is, you know she has it, you know where she lives, you say you are not going to do anything about it.
You are as guilty as she is.JMO.
Cheers

Good point Bez.
I think it really boils down to personal choice. Many of the captive bred snakes may be healthy and this is great. But i think it all comes down to the person and if they are happy to be a criminal

I just don't get why the animal should pay for it, that's all. It does nothing to stop the smuggling. If someone happens to have one and it's housed properly, why should the animal die?

I don't agree with smuggling things in because of all the aforementioned reasons, but I can't see the point of killing something when it's already here.

Ur right inthegrass, I'm glad I came here to seek others opinions though... I dont know her from a bar of soap so I don't care what happens to her, f I do report will the snake indefinitely be euthanised?

The only way to get one in is to smuggle 1 in. Would you like to travel to another country in someones jocks or worse? We have so many great natives its a shame these foreigners keep popping up

At least the first pair is like that. But they are bred here bigtime. No need for them to risk smuggling if you can get them here easily enough. I'm sure most people who have been in the industry for a while have seen or heard of people with exotics.

Ur right inthegrass, I'm glad I came here to seek others opinions though... I dont know her from a bar of soap so I don't care what happens to her, f I do report will the snake indefinitely be euthanised?

Yes, it's the law.

absolutely but we are talking about a snake

Just left someones house on the gold coast an she had a corn snake, about a yr old.... Told her she supports the black market and animal cruelty... she didn't like it. Why do you do about people like that?

Some people GENUINELY have no idea that they are illegal in Australia. Instead of being nasty, you should of educated this person on the penalties of having one in her possession, it is then up to her what she does about it. You could also let her know that you can inform the authorities if that is what you wish to do.

Obviously she is a renegade with no regard for law and order, who knows what else she is up too.

Ok I understand... About educating, but she knew alright she even admitted herself she was in the wrong.

People get caught with exotics...people get caught with natives.... people break the law and are caught I don't see the point of the thread??? Is it so absurd that someone wants to keep a snake illegally?......just about every herpo in NSW in the 80's and early 90's were breaking the law just by keeping reptiles.

I would be very surprised if the corn you viewed was not bred here in Australia....

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back