Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you take a photo ?
can you get a close up of its head, tail, belly ?
can you measure it ?
can you weigh it ?
does it bite ? if so how often ? does it hurt ?
does it ****, eat and piss often ?
will it love me, my husband, kids , dog , cat etc
will you take $50 for it including delivery to sydney from Newcastle ?
do you supply an enclosure for it ?
Yep US sellers are really rude !!!

Can you take a photo ?
can you get a close up of its head, tail, belly ?
can you measure it ?
can you weigh it ?
does it bite ? if so how often ? does it hurt ?
does it ****, eat and piss often ?
will it love me, my husband, kids , dog , cat etc
will you take $50 for it including delivery to sydney from Newcastle ?
do you supply an enclosure for it ?
Yep US sellers are really rude !!!

Didn't read the whole thread did you... It has been pointed out many times already that Buyers can be just as bad or worse than sellers...

Just pointed it out again......is that OK with you ?
Gee hope its OK.......wouldnt want to upset you !

:)
Can you take a photo ? Sure I can
can you get a close up of its head, tail, belly ? Yep, sure I can
can you measure it ?Yep, sure can
can you weigh it ? Yep, sure I can
does it bite ? if so how often ? does it hurt ? No. My snakes don't bite, only at feed time. Nah, won't feel it
does it ****, eat and piss often ? Yep, sure does
will it love me, my husband, kids , dog , cat etc Of course it will
will you take $50 for it including delivery to sydney from Newcastle ? NOOO
do you supply an enclosure for it ? babies go with their click clack tubs, otherwise no
Yep US sellers are really rude !!!Buyer thinks I'm rude because I won't give it to him/her for nothing

We were helped buy a LOVELY lady at pet city mount gravatt who helped us for nearly an hour, and told us what was worth the money. It really is great to be served by caring people!

Yes mungus IS mad,
We have nurtured him for many years as part of his therapy... Older members received a PM to do this and we have helped considerably....Mods pls send a new PM to the newer members explaining mungus's mental state again...thanks!
GR, how dare you openly say that to him on this forum, he will relapse and his carers will sue for sure.
Go ride your Geckos asi'm sure they wil give you pleasure! :lol:
mungus, please don't listen, its not true, you are a normal person selling herps..."NURSE please sedate mungus before he reads anymore..."stat".....:lol:;)

All of my sales to buyers over the years have been just fine. I put this down to screening them first through email, texts and phone calls. If they give me reason to doubt them as a person to deal with I won't pursue the sale. This has made the selling process much easier for myself over time and had the pleasure of meeting some lovely people I was happy to sell reptiles to.

Ha ha after seeing some of the questions posted publicly on here i honestly feel sorry for the breeders/ sellers that would no doubt receive countless email's of the same question day in & day out,

At the end of the day both parties within the sale are equal for not of a breeder you wouldn't have a snake if not for a buyer you would be overstocked & un able to breed on a large scale.

But i'll hands down say sellers put up with more crap then the buyer.

Regard's Jason, ciao.

I sold 7 of my snakes this year on rdu as I am now into monitors and I can tell you it was an ordinary experience I reckon
For each animal I sold I must have had at least 5 different buyers stuff me around as far as Ime concerned if someone wants the animal they buy it if I think someone is just nibbling away like a shy fish I tell them not to bother pull the ad off the market and try again in a few weeks time with this in mind all my animals went to good homes and are currently thriving with their new owners

Sigh I must say that I have been on both sides of the fence with this.

As a buyer, I'll ask lots of questions. As a seller, I'll answer lots.

Either way I try to be polite.

The upside? As a seller I get lots of referrals and make some new friends :)

As a buyer, I feel confident I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing with all our animals here but have had no problems asking questions of breeders that have always been honest and friendly and have even had one make a couple of house calls, been over for a bbq to see how we are going and even bred a multitude of super mice to start us off....he will also be back to help us out with a few bits and peices again before breeding season next year. What more could you ask for?

The downside? As a seller, I spend alot of my time helping people, talking to people and am always busy. I spend lots of time answering the same questions but occassionally come across the odd one that I learn something from.

As a buyer? I'm running out of room....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nobody was ever hurt by being polite.....and if they aren't going to be polite and helpful pre-sale then they probably aren't going to be post sale either so don't bother.

Regardless, showing them your a genuine buyer is also a plus for you and can change some buyers attitudes dramatically.

I wonder why people never try to talk retail shops down on their prices, yet anything advertised by a private seller, buyers will always try to talk you down on your price.

......As a buyer? I'm running out of room....

:.......

Then stop buying. Do you breed your animals? Save some room for your own bred reptiles.

I wonder why people never try to talk retail shops down on their prices, yet anything advertised by a private seller, buyers will always try to talk you down on your price.

But they do. Quite a lot more than you'd think.
I work in discount retail. Our prices are some of the cheapest around if not the cheapest. And as I explain to customers, my prices are the same as the prices in all other stores, I also explain that our prices are low for many reasons; parallel imports being just one.
Yet, people will still try and hassle me to give them a better deal.

I have had the good and the bad in both buying and selling. If a seller is dumb enough to SCREEN my pm and find me not worthy of a reply thats his choice. Thankfully there are plenty of helpful sellers around only too willing to answer my questions and share their advice.

I think I like the process more than the actual sale. I spent heaps of time in communication with potential buyers and have kept up with a few after the sale. Maybe even scared a few off with my enthusiasm lol.
One thing I have learnt is to never hold for extended periods without a deposit.

I don't think I've had one buyer this year that hasn't tried to haggle the price down.

The last buyer haggled with me for 30 minutes on a snake I had advertised as "firm price" and "not willing to negotiate". He also tried to negotiate a cheaper price 3 different times over the phone before coming to get it. He even wanted to "scissors, paper, rock" me for his price. I won in the end.

What really annoys me about buyers, is I say in the ad's, eg, $150 each, $120 each if more than one are purchased. But still they contact me saying they'll take one for $120 and a couple of times they even ask for a lower price then that for one.

I have also dealt with bad sellers before, one in particular that wouldn't give me a choice of what snake to pick, because he thought they were all the same and I was just waisting his time looking at the selection.

Another bad seller really made me angry, to the point I saw red and completely lost it with him and exploded with rage in his face.

We had been agreed on a price for 2 weeks, he was even going to drop it to me, I was just waiting (for 2 weeks) until he was available to do so (I had tried to pick it up in the mean time, but with no success). But on the day he was going to drop it off, in fact 1 hour until he was going to drop it off. He contacts me saying "someone just contacted me and offered $100 extra, so I'm going to get my money's worth ay". Can you imagine the things that were going through my mind at that moment :evil:. He certainly copped an ear and half full.

I have also dealt with bad sellers before, one in particular that wouldn't give me a choice of what snake to pick, because he thought they were all the same

That is sometimes justifiable. Yellow baby GTPs are a good example, particularly the natives. They do look all the same and even if they didn't, you can't possibly predict how they will turn out after colour change. I struggle with requests for pics of all of them.

That is sometimes justifiable. Yellow baby GTPs are a good example, particularly the natives. They do look all the same and even if they didn't, you can't possibly predict how they will turn out after colour change. I struggle with requests for pics of all of them.

when i picked mine up it was good to see the other clutch mates, as i could see all the feeding/shed records for them, size difference , and even the temperement to a degree, as they had all fed the day before but some were still snapping at every shadow, so it was easy to see the good feeders rather than the colour or pattern prediction,lol

Both sides need to deal with it or be done with it.
I understand the frustrations but at the end of the day if as a buyer you get a bad vibe from the seller look elsewhere. If as a seller you have difficulty with customer service, maybe you need to look at other ways to make money/supplement your hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back