Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead right Dicky. Do you collect them? I have got 3 pages now.
It's sad but there is a whole generation of yobbos out there now, the words; please, thanks, my name is, regards, etc., are apparently not necessary in these days. And these yobs are surprised that they don't get an answer from me.

Dead right Dicky. Do you collect them? I have got 3 pages now.
It's sad but there is a whole generation of yobbos out there now, the words; please, thanks, my name is, regards, etc., are apparently not necessary in these days. And these yobs are surprised that they don't get an answer from me.

Michael
I don't collect them as such , they just came from the first page on my in box here and my website , so only from the last week or two ... there are some good inquiries amongst them , but most are complete rubbish and it does seem to be getting more and more common.

I often thought about posting my amusing "collection" here as a PDF but some of the "pearls" probably came from APS members, so gave up that idea. lol

Ahhh, not all the "enquiries" are impolite and rude, many are just innocently stupid and hilariously funny - it may hurt the authors.

txt message just now.

hey seen ur ad and i wanna by sum reptiles.call me on 04*******

Email about a bredli for $120
Hi can you go any cheaper and deliver to me.I am at Liverpool.

Last edited:
txt message just now.

hey seen ur ad and i wanna by sum reptiles.call me on 04*******

Email about a bredli for $120
Hi can you go any cheaper and deliver to me.I am at Liverpool.

Lmfao.

The bad thing is it's not just limited to texts now. I got plenty of PMs like Ramsayi's. Getting offers like $50 for an animal advertised for $150 is just offensive. I still tried to be as nice as possible to everyone but it's difficult. And I was only trying to sell two snakes so I can feel for the big sellers around here. Like others pointed out though, the people I ended up selling to were very friendly and easy to deal with. Just unfortunate that the bad stories stick in people's heads more

A couple funny ones from me:

Hey, I was wonder weather or not yous have/ are trying to breed any blue's?

I was just wondering what the price range would be for a Green Tree Python and the Bright Yellow Python.
Also if I was interested, would I be able to come and have a look at them and then think about it a bit more.

A few years ago I chewed the ear off a seller. I needed to know this and need to know that. He probably thought I was the biggest pain in the backside. I did tell him that I was just enquiring. A few years later (when I could actually afford the animals) I ended up buying at least four lovely animals off him and at every opportunity I promote what great animals he has etc. So , it does pay to be nice to people, BUT I was always respectful and polite.

Haha I think I know the person quite well.I doubt they thought you were a pain.Funny thing is someone else in this thread would have a different view of the person :lol:

Those are some classic buyer enquiries there guys, brightened my coffee break :)

Talking about proper introductions etc to a request, do you feel that the seller should reply with these too? I have never had any real issues buying reptiles, but I remember two funny instances. I wrote out a nice little PM or email with an enquiry, but the response was a little short. IIRC, one response was 'no' and the other was 'didnt breed em this year'. Those are not summaries :)

Not looking forward to needing to sell myself tho, I used to move some excess fish, and buyers weren't awesome (no shows were the biggest problem), but herps sounds even worse.

Ok, so considering this was my thread and I was venting I think I might just add in here that I have just had a wonderful experience!
I have finally found the reps I am after and fantastic breeder.
The person I have been talking to has been helpful, nice, informative and FRIENDLY!!!
The price is a little more then I wanted to pay BUT he was so nice and friendly that I would rather pay the extra, get quality animals and great service J

Aaaaah, isnt that a great ending to this thread and everyone well atleast one, has learnt something.....Group hug everyone :lol:

Aaaaah, isnt that a great ending to this thread and everyone well atleast one, has learnt something.....Group hug everyone :lol:

yay love love! although, i was quite enjoying the stories and such

There is no need for you to be a smart alec.

Just saying that there can be legitimate reasons why someone has not answered an email.
I am a busy person. I can open an email and say to myself, I will answer that one later, then I forget.

True Fay. It is fair to give ppl some lee-way. I nearly brushed off a seller because of lack of contact only to discover he was seriously hurt with a back injury. I wasn't rude to him but gave him a date to respond by, or I would presume he doesn't want to sell the snake. He responded in the time & told me of his injury and how he was bed ridden, only had his phone to use where he only gets facebook. Lucky I posted my message on FB as well. Needless to say I felt very bad for his suffering and was much more patient and understanding, knowing the circumstances. And being a gorgeous snake I had no intentions of going anywhere else while I had a chance to obtain this particular one even though it was a little dearer than others I'd seen. When I want a particular quality, its hard to go anywhere else. I now recommend this breeder as an easy and reliable person to deal with. Not sure if he is on this site so won't mention names.

Last edited:
My last few purchase experiences I must say, have been exemplary on the sellers behalf.
On one occasion the seller offered to meet me at a train station nearby their work, saving me at least two hours travel time (I don't drive so I was catching P.T)
Another occasion the seller delivered the herps for a fee.
It was at least a 2 1/2hr round trip for them.
And the last seller in mention, I have been to their place to pick up on two occasions. Both times I spent well over an hour talking about various species as well as the ones I was buying(well they talked and I mostly gazed around in awe). The information I was able to glean has been invaluable to my husbandry.
On both visits I felt humbled to be invited in and to be privy to their collection.
All afore mentioned sellers have offered on all occasions, any help if I had any problems, what so ever.

I did have one purchase that fell through earlier in the year, however the potential seller was kind enough to call and explain why the animals were no longer for sale. I respected their honesty.

When ever I express interest in an advertisment:-
I try to address my email or PM enquiries using their name (if I know it).
Any phone enquiries I have made, are at a reasonable time, or the time they have specified.
I always thank them for their time whether it be in advance for a response, directly in person or via phone.
I don't kick no tyres and I don't um and arr about what I want. (unless I have a selection to chose from :) )

tl:dr sellers are O.k. by me. :)

Haha I think I know the person quite well.I doubt they thought you were a pain.Funny thing is someone else in this thread would have a different view of the person :lol:

hehe thanks.....

Ok I've got a new rude seller -.-... I messaged him to ask about the Age, sex, and just general stuff about his Bluetongue that hes got up for sale.. took him 5 days to get a reply and all he said was "we think its female not 100% sure Why do you want to know if its still available???"... I was like are you serious.. you have it for sale yet you don't know why I am asking if its still available -.- jesus some people are dumb lol... Hopefully i can use his intelligence and bring his price down :p

Ok I've got a new rude seller -.-... I messaged him to ask about the Age, sex, and just general stuff about his Bluetongue that hes got up for sale.. took him 5 days to get a reply and all he said was "we think its female not 100% sure Why do you want to know if its still available???"... I was like are you serious.. you have it for sale yet you don't know why I am asking if its still available -.- jesus some people are dumb lol... Hopefully i can use his intelligence and bring his price down :p

Or perhaps he is reading this right now and will be bumping up the price?

Everyone I have had to deal with has been incredibly amazing, I purchased a bluetongue from a member on here. I received a phone call the morning it was to be freighted informing me that it had some dry scale over its eye, and that it would not open.
She had bathed it in a warm bath but was asking if I would still like to buy it even though it was still not fully recovered. She knows who she is. And I give her a BIG thank you!

I purchased a male bluie off a gentleman earlier this year and his service and advice has been nothing but fantastic, he is still assisting me with any queries I have. Thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back