Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a buyer I have been extremely fortunate to have bought from friendly and polite sellers. I have dealt with a business with my first snake being sent to Sydney from URS in SA, and with two private sellers. I have never haggled for anything as I think it is downright rude. If you don't want to pay the asking price then look elsewhere for something you can afford. What I have asked for, though, is for delivery and both private sellers have done that for me. I purchased 2 Bredlis from this site, only yesterday, and they were delivered by a most polite young lad. He answered all of my questions and helped me with ideas on setting up the newly acquired enclosure.

I guess everyone is looking for a bargain, but I agree that just because you are buying privately it doesn't mean you're buying at a garage sale.

I look forward to dealing with other sellers on this site.

I can't say I have run into any trouble in the reptile world, buyers or sellers. So far, everyone I've dealt with has been great to talk to. AAE tried to make me look like a bad seller a few years back when two airports near me - Port Macquarie and Taree - gave me a hard time not wanting to accept a little baby that was meant to go to Victoria. After telling the buyer I'd have the snake on a plane on a certain day, I had to call him and let him know that the snake was going to be another day late because of the fight I had, just to get the animal on its way. Taree didn't want Port's work, and Port was refusing to take it. I accidentally swore the F word at the Taree guy and it wasn't his fault, but he understood my frustration. So he got onto their boss and made a complaint about Port not accepting my snake. Later in the day he called me and told me to take it to Port. Haha, so after getting away with refusing reptiles for many years, Port Macquarie now has to accept them. In all this, I thought my buyer was going to drop out as he wasn't sure that my story about getting the snake on the plane sounded true. But he gave me the chance and got his snake a day late. I thought AAE was the only transport for reptiles and was beside myself when they refused a baby snake they couldn't even see anyway.

as i said, i finally found a great seller who has been amazing through out the whole process but i still will never forget how rude the person who got me started on this thread was to me.
this person sells as a business...
well sir u will never ever get any business of mine and i can not wait for the day that i have somehting you so desperatley want and i will make you feel how you made me feel. good luck in your venture of " customer service" :)

Recently I offered a seller a lower price for their snake hoping to haggle them a bit, but was rudely and abruptly turned down and wouldn't discus a price (was advertised ono), they also told me a higher price then what they had advertised. now the snake is for sale, for the price i originality offerd and negotiable. I was also looking at buying 2 other snakes they have for sale Its a shame, but there not getting my money

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back