Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqwerky

Reaction score
Hi,
Im looking at getting a snake for the first time and was thinking about a diamond python. Please any suggestions otherwise would be helpfully thanks.
Btw won't be until next year when I'm 16 and the license will be under my name so I have plenty of time for planning a whatnot

mate start off small
childrens pythons, spotted pythons, stimptions pythons
and then build up sizes of snake until u are sure u can hold something that will be longer than u
l am a lot younge than u and l breed childrens it is a fun experience and is a lot better than staring at a huge snake that is going to bite u
l reckon the childrens is the best first snake
in the end it is ur decision though

Last edited:
hello and welcome
a diamond is good choice but it really depends on your choice an how big of a snake your willing to keep
here are some other snakes for you to research
murray darling,childrens python/ spotted, jungle, coastal, bredli

hehehe, i posted a thread like this when i first started and got told 1million and 1 different snakes and ended up totally confused! LOL

As sanosuke said it depends on size. and the only advice I have is get whatever YOU want!

I started of with a 6foot atherton jungle who scared the crap outta me!

Thank you. I like the idea of starting off with a more larger snake, I don't really know why yea. Haha. Plus they look amazing and if my parents would let me I would get an albino :) but even normal ones are still amazing with their bright colours and the paterns

Bredli I would suggest mate if you want a larger snake. They are usually placid and look amazing.

Again your call.

Just remember the larger the snake the more $$$ it will be.

Bigger enclosure, larger meals etc, but either way its good fun.

Enjoy :)

start off with a snake you just get a hatchling so you can handle it as it grows just dont starting off with a 6 foot snake... my 1st snake was a diamond(my only snake atm) there awesome snakes

If you want to get a diamond, then Diamond it is... They are a great little snake.
They are not hard to keep like many people say, but you do have to do things a bit differently.
Try to keep most of their cage at ambient room temp. with a small basking spot no higher than 30.
Make sure they can always escape the heat when they need to. It is when Diamonds are kept at prolonged high temeratures that you will start to see problems. They are a cool weather python, so naturally the need to have access to lower temps.
You will need to fed them modestly. Do not powerfeed them, some breeders try and powerfeed them so they can breed younger, and again that's when problems arise.
Definately do some more research, and see if you can have a chat to a few Diamond keepers in you area.

hey mate my first snake was a diamond intergrade i purchased him as a hatchling 4 years ago i was only 11 when i purchased him he's now 7.5 feet long almost from my roof to the floor great snake so go for what u want mate diamond are great

I'm in NSW and yea I am seriously thinking a diamond is for me :)

Thank you everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back