If you are over 30 you should find this hilarious!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never, & still cant, do the monkey bars :cry: I was a great gymnast, i could & still can do lots of F.L.I.P.S & the splits etc, but monkey bars.......nope, my wee little arms just have no strength! Both my kids love having a laugh when mum tries to get more then one rail in on them, i can hold one forever, but can i move.....nope!

Last edited:
I used to spin backwards and land on my feet too, until one year I had a growth spurt, went to do it and engraved a ditch in the bark with my head lmao. I came to with half my friends standing over me.
At least it wasn't like the time one of my childhood mates accidentally knocked me out on the trampoline; that time I came to and everyone had legged it because they were all terrified they'd get into trouble. It took me years to convince my mother I had actually blacked out.

I used to spin backwards and land on my feet too, until one year I had a growth spurt, went to do it and engraved a ditch in the bark with my head lmao. I came to with half my friends standing over me.
At least it wasn't like the time one of my childhood mates accidentally knocked me out on the trampoline; that time I came to and everyone had legged it because they were all terrified they'd get into trouble. It took me years to convince my mother I had actually blacked out.

Bahahah with friends like that right lol ....
they probably thught you were dead hahaha

) You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your bottom and walk over to the TV to change the channel!!! NO REMOTES!!! Oh, no, what's the world coming to?!?!

And it was black n white,...what a jip. 70's yer kool if you liked travelling in the car for hours with three adults smoking choking the living crap outta ya.

Curlie fly traps that looked like opened film rolls hangin from the ceiling. lino that was orange and brown,...matching kitchen tiles to boot.

Streamers off the handle bars....and chinzano at the bbq at everyones house...wt....

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet who is it that comes to us 'kids' when all this technology gets the better of them? ;)

Ive never yet had to go to my children about technology ... I know how to do the stuff i need to / want to and if i dont know how i go look it up .... we are the ones that were "kids" when all this technology became a big thing remember lol ..... we were the driving force lol ... now my mothers generation on the other hand i was on the phone with her one night and she was trying to ask me over the phone living in another state how to program her TV of unknown kind lol ...

My guess is the generation before you thought you were spoilt little brats too, not everyone has that easy and its not our fault that technology has evolved from when dinosaurs roamed the earth, if your so pissed off about it get of the internet and go write your whinge in a book!

I'm 21 and i find this thread very interesting. Just the other day my fiance come home from work and told me his 7yr old nephew has a new laptop and xbox 360? yeah i think thats what it is. I remember just two years ago how excited my fiance was to get a playstation 3 for christmas. I don't understand why young children need to own THERE OWN computers when they should be outside playing. Mum and Dad actually had to buy a new tv two years ago because there 21yr old tv had stopped working and they were heart broken it wouldn't work when they come home with there new tv dad said to me ok so this one has good picture but how do i work it properly? I have been brought up not to touch anything that doesnt belong to me and to leave everything how it was when you walk in. Its really not hard to say yes please and thank you yet it seems these days no younger people know how to say it. What does annoy me even more than that though is seing young maybe 13-16 yr old children down the street swearing and abusing other people. Do they not know the soap rule?.

My guess is the generation before you thought you were spoilt little brats too, not everyone has that easy and its not our fault that technology has evolved from when dinosaurs roamed the earth, if your so pissed off about it get of the internet and go write your whinge in a book!

Part of your statement is true..... our parents did think we had it easier than them. I guess we did..... and we put up with the same observations from them as the OP pointed out in this post.
When technology moves so fast and you have seen most of it happen in your lifetime then one occasionally has these moments of wonder and resentment.
Manners are timeless however.....

No matter what generation you are, you should always have respect. You are right, not all kids have it easy, i sure didnt, i felt left out cause my friends had dolls for gods sake! But it is true that with today's laws on discipline, many of todays kids have no respect, or even manners, their parents are too scared to teach them!

Do they not know the soap rule?.

Soap no longer works.......kids soap tastes almost as good as it smells! :lol: My dad used chilli's for bad language & ciggie butts when he caught my brother & i smoking! :?

Regardless of age being respectful of others costs nothing Jack!

For interests sake here is an observation from my life (not deep and meaningful or meant to make people empathetic - just an observation)

When I was very young (2 or 3) I have a vivid memory of my babysitter lifting me onto a kitchen chair to reach our house phone. She handed me the ear piece as I couldn't reach it and showed me how to press the lever on the body of the telephone 3 times. This "rang" at the exchange to tell them a call needed to be placed and a lovely voice said in my ear "operator - what number please?"
I stood on tip toes to get my mouth as close to the speaking cone as possible "I want to talk to my mummy please" I said. "Is that you Kylie? Are you being good for Beverly? I'll put you through now"
There was a click - silence - click and then my mothers voice as the operator connected me to my mother in another part of the telephone exchange.
That is my first memory of using a telephone....... now I carry a mini pc around in the form of a Blackberry.
Technology has made some huge leaps just in my lifetime and one day the new generation willl be the old generation...... I wonder how they will feel about the advances afforded THEIR younger people.

There's a name for this but I can't remember what it's called and on my phone so Googling is too hard. Basically every generation thinks their generation had it so much harder than the current one(s). I don't see the point in putting a damper on the fact that life is getting easier (in a lot of ways, not all). Just enjoy it and be happy you're alive to see it at all

I grew up in Toowoomba and there always seemed to be heaps of cicadas. every evening my brother and i would go and catch them. But since ive moved to sydney i havent seen or heard a single one! where do i look fugawi?
Northern suburbs, and beaches......deafening

I'm a bit disappointed at all of the trampolines in my neighbourhood having safety nets... Takes all the fun out of double bouncing :(

my dad was 63 and mum 33 when they married

I bet nobody really cared that much about the age difference between your parents as much as they would care these days either. Age gap doesn't worry me but I know people who think it's taboo.

I agree with that every generation will always think that the next generation has it easier. To be honest, im really not sure about that. Yes technology, medicine, etc have come a long way. But the stress levels in generations is becoming higher and higher. If you take a look at Nsw Police Force, you can see that stress levels have risen unbelievably( yes policing is a stressful job but i think it also indicates alot ) We have higher numbers of teen suicides, kids get cyber bullied now ( just as bad ) So although life for us might be easier than our previous generation, the things young people have to deal with now are alot lot worse than in simpler times. A point that i agree with is manners!! Kids these days ( and young adults) have no freakin idea what it means, when i am polite to someone older they are sometimes surprised ! Like everything, it has its pros and cons. What previous generations had trouble with has changed to the newer generation, but the stress levels are getting higher and life is getting complicated especially in Australia where it is now a dream for people like me to maybe own a home someday !

When I was a lad, we couldn't afford a boot................so we lived in a thong.........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back