If you are over 30 you should find this hilarious!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the OP? Easier, not better.

Life was easier back then. Ok we might have the internet now, but you're seriously kidding yourself if you think life is easier now. walking a couple of KM to school had to be easier than sitting in a crowded bus for an hr. more rules and regulations to abide by now. Yes, maybe there was a little more physical work, but as a whole.........

Love the thread, me being 33. But I ask with all this technology and improvments, why does it still take the missus a good hour to get ready when we go out and It still only takes 5 mins for me?

aaah yes but how long does it take you to get home from the pub???

Life was easier back then. Ok we might have the internet now, but you're seriously kidding yourself if you think life is easier now. walking a couple of KM to school had to be easier than sitting in a crowded bus for an hr. more rules and regulations to abide by now. Yes, maybe there was a little more physical work, but as a whole.........

this threads not an arguement!

you can still let your kids walk to school. thats up to you. its helicopter parents that have brought in all these new regulations.

Last edited:
I dont know that any generation has it 'better' or 'easier' than the next, I'll settle for 'different' !
You use to be able to buy a house on one income, they wouldn't take the womans income into account because she was likely to become pregnant,.... no such thing as maternity leave, family payments etc etc. the only payment availabe was 'child allowance' a whopping $5 per MONTH for per child, !!! yes, a small house could be bought for less than $40,000 if you looked around, but that didnt make it any easier when the bills came in and your weekly income was the 'average' of $160 per week LOL

i dont like 80% of the current self absorbed generation that seems to be multiplying at an alarming rate, but I also accept 'we' have contributed to it. "we" gave them every material thing we never had, and wonder why they expect everything handed to them. ! !
Technology also makes us all more self absorbed and detached from the rest of the human race...... look at all of us sitting in front of the computer screen, typing comments to people we have never met, when we could just as easily pick up the home phone and talk to a real human being who knows us ! !

and as for

And yet who is it that comes to us 'kids' when all this technology gets the better of them? ;)

........... I get people half my age asking how to work/fix their latest technological gadget ! Its what i get paid for !
I get interstate calls from friends kids who cant figure out how to hook up their home theatre because they dont know how to read the dang manual ! !

I can honestly say I enjoy living in this era , i've never been much for living in the past,

I admire my grandparents generation, they did it tough, but they also saw some of the most incredible inventions - the plane, the space race, television, the list goes on, all generations since have seen adaptions of those technologies, not 'firsts'

now if you'll excuse this ol fart, i'm off to grab my ipad2, use my home wifi to do some xmas shopping while I sit outside with a big glass of something nice while my favorite TV show is recording so that I can watch it at my leisure on another tv across the other side of the house - look Ma, no wires ROFL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank-you :) ooops, my manners are showing !!!

PS, I did actually get a chuckle out of the original post, I cant wait to see what the current generation write about how easy their kids have got it

I grew up in Toowoomba and there always seemed to be heaps of cicadas. every evening my brother and i would go and catch them. But since ive moved to sydney i havent seen or heard a single one! where do i look fugawi?

I was in N.S.W. late January till early March this year and work in Horsley Park not far from Eastern Creek raceway, there was heaps of cicada's all around there saw them nearly every day. Coming from Perth and the small cicada's there I got a bit of a shock seeing them as big as my thumb and one much bigger, more fun to catch too haha

yeah that is all well and good. im 24yrs old and i can say that crime has rissen dramatically. iv had knives pulled on me, i manage pubs accross sydney, iv never been held up but my bosses have haad guns, knives, bats, swords etc held against their throughts. one of my bosses had his brother shot in the head infront of him in the office. as much as technoligy has advanced it brings more crime and new ways to cause havic. i hate computers etc. id prefer to be out in the sun which is why i manage pubs cause i dont wanna be stuck infront of a computer in some office 5 days a week. i run clubs with hundreds of people dancing and drinking, if u guys heard about the thing that happened in the city (sydney) where the bouncers beat the **** out of that guy down stairs, u didnt hear the whole story, that guy was kicked out for into intoxication. he left and came back with 6 friends. next to the particular club was a construction sit where he picked up a brick and hit one of my old bouncers in the head putting him in hospital for days. so security retaliated. if u ask me he got what he deserved. security did their job and he came bak with the intention to cause trouble. the news never tells the full story all u heard is that he was bashed by security. he got given a few black eyes and brusies. who cares he cause serious damage to someone else. shoot be locked up. thats my rant. hahaa

im only 21 but i get this. i learnt to type on a typewriter there was no backspace to cover your mistakes, when i begged mum to take the training wheels of my bike do you think she helped me balance it... no she kept letting me ride in circles and fall over until i figured it out. i spent hours outside with no one watching. i was aloud to walk to the shops and didnt get a phone till i hit highschool and got public transport by myself. and even then it was emergency use only no calling friends ect. i use please and thankyou and i get cranky when others dont as curtesy (my boss told me not to but thats how i was raised. it takes two seconds to use manners) i will not go into anyones bag without explicit instruction as to what im looking for and where i will find it. i dont inturupt phone calls to find out whats going on.. ect ect i could go on and on.

Kids arn't able to go outside anymore without being raped in one way or another. The mobile phones can aid with contacing parents at a time of need and possibly cancer. Computers help younger generations realise how stupid humanity really is, up bumps the suicide rate! Much like your generation will be sick and dying of asbestos and mercury poisoning ours will be from cancer.

and all that crap about people your age having to actually write letters, well didn't you say it yourself? No TV and no music, sounds like you guys had nothing better to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids arn't able to go outside anymore without being raped in one way or another. The mobile phones can aid with contacing parents at a time of need and possibly cancer. Computers help younger generations realise how stupid humanity really is, up bumps the suicide rate! Much like your generation will be sick and dying of asbestos and mercury poisoning ours will be from cancer.

and all that crap about people your age having to actually write letters, well didn't you say it yourself? No TV and no music, sounds like you guys had nothing better to do.

Dam you sound like fun! Looking for someone to be life of the party on Saturday, are you available?
Is your name Marvin by any chance?

I just dont know what to say to this, and my mum taught me if I have nothing nice to say, to say nothing!so once again, thanks Mum for that wonderful set of morals you have given me!

Well that's a blind attitude. Rape, cancer, depression and the like were still as prevalent back in the day sweets, but without the internet they weren't spoken about as freely. Not to mention the whole 'it's just not spoken of' attitude which used to run rife amongst the previous generations. It's the one thing I bless about this day and age is that it's relatively freer to speak of such matters, not quite as shocking anymore, but still a big deal and with a whole lot more support.
Good lord, you're right though about the nothing better to do. I don't know about you other 80s kids but all that fresh air, camping, bbqs and the like really grated on my nerves. To be honest I don't know how we did it...
That was a pretty insensitive and ill-thought post there.

Well that's a blind attitude. Rape, cancer, depression and the like were still as prevalent back in the day sweets, but without the internet they weren't spoken about as freely. Not to mention the whole 'it's just not spoken of' attitude which used to run rife amongst the previous generations. It's the one thing I bless about this day and age is that it's relatively freer to speak of such matters, not quite as shocking anymore, but still a big deal and with a whole lot more support.
Good lord, you're right though about the nothing better to do. I don't know about you other 80s kids but all that fresh air, camping, bbqs and the like really grated on my nerves. To be honest I don't know how we did it...
That was a pretty insensitive and ill-thought post there.

Thanks nighthawk! you said exactly what i thought!

FAMILY camping, BBQ's, So much more family time spent ..... Young ones going along because we enjoyed it not complain because that was 2.5 hours they might not be able to get in contact with "friends" lol

hhehehe just thought of another thing ......
When dad used to do a tip run ..... us kids wanting to go to the tip of all things to see what we could find for free .... yes in that day you could take it away if you wanted

that was the best, igotfrogs!!! i loved going to the tip with dad. we usually brought home more than we started with. lols

our whole family pitched in to help renovate our family, when we put the verandah down, i remember dad hammering the nails in, mum, making sure they were pressed in far enough, my brother sweeping and me varnishing. it gave us the best memories. I was devastated when they soldmit, and i hadnt lived there for years!!!

Last edited:
hehehehe back in that day it didn't matter if you had a bike made up from 10 other bikes it was still a bike lol .....
all my childhood i dont think i EVER owned a brand new bike .... i think the best one i had was a hand me down from one of my step sisters when she out grew it

we got new bikes the year that mum and dad got married, but other than that all our bikes had been hand me downs too, and i loved the one my aunty gave me. it was as rusty as, but it was my first big girl bike... lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back