new bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonez

Reaction score
hey guys i just picked my bredli up and the info i was given off the past owner was he haasnt been fed in over a month but he feeds on large mice his bout 2 years old but they wanted him to stay small so they dont feed him as much. i wanna get him to his normal growth size. also he came in the enclosure the previous owner had him in. sorry for draggin on but he is also quite agrevated due to lack of handelin and his probably hungry i think..

so my question is should i feed him tomorrow or should i leave him for abit?
also when would be the best time to get him out to have a hold?

Everyone has a different opinion on this. I say try give him a feed now and if you want try handling or wait a few days :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks jessh88
also with feeding i have to pick the food up tomorrow but say if i fed him one large mouse how long would i wait to see if he would take another?

I'd get him onto rats as soon as you can. I'd probably feed him tomorrow and then leave him for a few days before handling. Kill two birds with one stone.

that sounds like a good idea akarsha wat size rats u think just babys? also he stays wrapped up around his light cage most of the time aparently wat would be the best way to un wrap him if i wante to pick him up?

There's no real way unfortunately! I'd probably wait until he is cruising around the enclosure or in his hide to get him out, it will make it a lot easier. As for the size of the rats, that depends how big he is. Can you post a picture of him?

option a. keep feeding him adult mice till he refuses, once a week. or b. ((hard to judge without seeing actual size) try a small rat, again once a week.
i would try feeding tomorrow, if he eats then give him a day to digest and then try handling.

If he's on adult mice, he could probably take a hopper rat. When i'm feeding 2 rodents at a time I offer one, let them take it and eat it, and once it's fully down their throat and the lump is a little way down there neck I offer the second. If he doesn't take it, don't worry, he might not be ready for an upsize.

And also I agree with the others, give him a feed tomorrow, let it digest for a few days then try handling!

Hope that helps :)

ye sweet as i just got him out with a hook just so i could put a ceramic globe in and he wasnt quite impressed haha didnt even wanna try hold him haha

that's alright, give him time to settle in and for you to get used to a feisty snake and you'll be fine

thanks i think the reason he may be abit bity to is cause the last owner stopped handeling him cause he bit him on the forehead and left teeth stuck in there apparently

When i woke up this morn he had shed and looks great night so nice and bright! But goin to get his food soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back