Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!!!! i have an md that differs ever so slightly from another md i own. it must be a new morph. woohoo, i am going to get rich!

Oh your the guy who claimed my striped MD was a jungle hybrid. . . :lol: . which I think would look cool (or very ugly), but no it is just an MD
You obviously missed the fact that someone had already came up with the get rich gag a couple of posts back. If you feel the need to be sarcastic at least be original.

Some people need things to be explained and I will usually oblige but then there are some that just wont get it.

What is calico? My friend Google isn't being my friend today. I'm seeing lots of pictures of Balls and Retics but I can't really see what it is about them that they all have in common.
Sorry for going slightly off track, I'm just curious.

Yes but I was willing to provide all the information on % of the line and where it was at as far as proving it out! alot of hard work goes into new morphs..... I asked for more info as did other people?

The prob is I stated on more than one occasion that it isnt proven. . . otherwise there would not have been a ? after the Calico. Sooooooo there are nooooo % to post.
All details had been provided the first sensible question was from australis who asked to see pics of my Calico referance. You were nagging me for more pics before this thread. You even specifically asked me for more on the Calico saying you found her to be very interesting. You apparently had projects going and was going to send me pics, which you had not. Awww jeesh and I thought we was gonna be Buddy's;)
While I am not willing to post pics or talk about all my projects (like many others on here) Im at least willing to post something of a "maybe, possibly or maybe not". A lot of people are mentioning they have either owned one or had their face ripped of by one but at least there is discussion all I have from you is that you want statistics. . . and whats with the google ref all the time?

What is calico? My friend Google isn't being my friend today. I'm seeing lots of pictures of Balls and Retics but I can't really see what it is about them that they all have in common.
Sorry for going slightly off track, I'm just curious.

Kind of a M Jackson. It manifests itself differently even within the same sp, Some have a patch/patches of white along the edging of the belly, some have random fading of pigment sometimes forming white patches (like MJ), broken patches throughout their pattern often looking hypo and the extremes can look like a Paradox albino while some may only have a small amount of white tipping making it hard to recognise. It takes till maturity to develop visually (like MJ) and the mode of inheritance is a little sketchy but is thought to be recessive. There is no predictable outcome as a Calico clutch will be a mix bag of results

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure you argue with everyone on here? You asked for their opinion?? :s

Also in regards to the person on here who was asking for pictures and saying very interesting... Maybe he was trying to get more information off you and find pictures to describe this "calico" you say is happening??

I don't understand why you would post this thread as you say with a ? And not accept ppls opinions? It confuses me.

And although I have no experience with any of this. From what you have described as calico, the pictures of the balls and other pythons, compared to yours show no similarities...
Sorry, I love your carpet, it's georgeous, and I love the eyes. Put please stop arguing with ppl who state their opinion, or ask for evidence. As you have stated in the name calico?. Many people will ask for proof.

The Saga goes on, just breed with the bloody thing back to mum/dad, brother/sister & see what you get & then maybe someone might have some reasonable suggestions.
I hope it all goes well.

Cheers
Ian

Hey i had some snakes here that i could not get a proper awnser from many that i asked, except for the advice of future genetic breeding. This is the only way to bring out & prove a trait if you think your animal/s have it.
I gave(well we did swap a few) these snakes to a friend of mine who has a lot more knowledge on the genetic breeding than i do. He even showed others with many years experience & knowledge & they would or could not awnser the qstns asked without saying that it is a possibility, but you have to do future breeding to prove it. He will breed these snakes over the next season or two & maybe then we might know what we may have got.

Other than buying the snakes with the traits that you want, it can be many years of fun & trials & dissapiontments in trying to prove or breed or a different trait.
I could show you some projects, but they mean bugger all because they are not proven yet, even in the snakes that i have got it is only a shown trait or exception & not proven, so it means bugger all.

Cheers again.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure you argue with everyone on here? You asked for their opinion?? :s

Also in regards to the person on here who was asking for pictures and saying very interesting... Maybe he was trying to get more information off you and find pictures to describe this "calico" you say is happening??

I don't understand why you would post this thread as you say with a ? And not accept ppls opinions? It confuses me.

And although I have no experience with any of this. From what you have described as calico, the pictures of the balls and other pythons, compared to yours show no similarities...
Sorry, I love your carpet, it's georgeous, and I love the eyes. Put please stop arguing with ppl who state their opinion, or ask for evidence. As you have stated in the name calico?. Many people will ask for proof.

Please read this response carefully

I have already re-capped but here it is again

Discussion on said snake. . great
Getting upset as it is a "maybe, maybe not" not great. it is called speculating.
As for Citrus. . .he has made more of an effort to belittle me than be constructive. He was all buddy with me wanting pics and info then decides to join the chores of the angry Mob (lynch him, lynch him) on this thread. He has asked me constantly for non existent data and as was made clear that is not available. ie- not proven.
Do I care if this is a Calico, Cotton, rayon or Latte? no not really. If you want to call it Hypo fine. This is about discussion. That is why ? is used in the title. So I am happy if you think its a poopy head.
Do I think responding to comments as defensive? or argumentative no, by the very nature of responding you could be accused of being defensive. I was hoping that more questions would be asked on my reasoning for "calico" not being told I know nothing and effectively dismissed. I have responded reasonably well despite having to repeat myself several times.
So far I have learned that one should not put there hand up in class, lest they want spit balls thrown at them. It appears that even Morph collectors are divided. i like many of you have spent a fortune on my critters and I too have worked on a few projects that turned into nothing more than variation. But just cause I put in effort behind the scenes does not mean I should be afraid to throw an anomaly out there and speculate on it. This is not jumping the to the front of the line, I still have to do the hard yards to prove it to be anything. If it is to hard to leave our ego's at the door then what is the point.

Hey Kam just breed it OR get ready for the Spitballs, mate thats just the way it is.

Cheers
Ian

Ok I was asking for more photo because as I said before I couldn't see where you are getting calico from? I didn't join the mob mate you just don't want to listen.

You keep saying there's no % but if the grandmother looked the same then this animal is atleast third generation so there would be info available. So because you dont understand I'll explain it.....
In the first clutch that the grandmorther came from how many animal displayed the same "calico" look?
Was she breed back to her brother or a unrelated snake? And from that pairing how many snakes displayed the "calico" look?
Did the parents of "your calico" display the "calico" look and were the related?
And from the clutch " your calico" came from how many displayed the same look?
Now if the guy had the grandmother, he would have three generations of info and this is what I've been asking for since before you even posted this thread.

Last edited:
Ok I was asking for more photo because as I said before I couldn't see where you are getting calico from? I didn't join the mob mate you just don't want to listen.

You keep saying there's no % but if the grandmother looked the same then this animal is atleast third generation so there would be info available. So because you dont understand I'll explain it.....
In the first clutch that the grandmorther came from how many animal displayed the same "calico" look?
Was she breed back to her brother or a unrelated snake? And from that pairing how many snakes displayed the "calico" look?
Did the parents of "your calico" display the "calico" look and were the related?
And from the clutch " your calico" came from how many displayed the same look?
Now if the guy had the grandmother, he would have three generations of info and this is what I've been asking for since before you even posted this thread.

All the info I got was the grandmother was wild caught and he had not paid much mind to her "scruffy appearance". I thought the 2 sibs were a funky looking hypo and did not think to far into it. I only started thinking more about it when I saw a caliuco retic with a similar hypo thing going on. Then I started to think there might be something more and as the old guy was your typical grumpy old fashioned keeper I hadnt asked him much then and I sure as poop arent gonna hassle him now.
I'm not trying to convince anybody and I certainly could not give a poop about recognition or prestige so I never entered into this other than to speculate with the information I had. Instead I was met with cynicism and accusation.. I never argued against peoples opinions of what it might be as that was the point . . to speculate. Instead I was put in a position where I was expected to answer random comments, the same obvious statements - several times over and over confident arrogance. If I did not respond imagine the reaction but then if I respond the merry go round starts with the final call of "defensive".

Oh and Citrus, you know how the pic request went down. . .

What are you on about

What are you on about?
citrus said:
that calico looks pretty cool do you have anymore photos? what stage are you at with the project, how many do you have? also would love to see the solid black python what type is it?
Kam333 said:
citrus said:
mate photos not working could you email them to @hotmail.com i have a few things im working on and would love to see what s out there.
I re-posted the pics hopefully they'll work. I have been working on a few projects inc the anery's who have a degenerating pigmet mostly on the head region like a calico thing going on. I also have a hypo /calico like girl who has stunning pearl like eyes that I will be putting the Aqua toned one over. I will email you a few pics in the next day or so.
I will prob put the other anery who is a motley with solid black over an albino. I also have afew other projects going that i will describe when I send some pics.

Regards

Kam

I will be updating my album today and over the next week i will post some up there when I have some more*

do you have anymore photos of the calico? very interesting

The blotched is the sibling to the anery and as you can see is nothing like it.
The calico is due to shed so hard to see any good details but as you can see the pigment seems to be fragmented throughout, she also has wicked eyes. Interestingly she was a twin. Her Grandmother had a great deal more white throughout.

So please explain how the pms went down!!!
This is the email so please explain your comments? You keep making out that I agreed it's was a calico and changed my mind because of the mob as you can see that's not true

Last edited:
I will be updating my album today and over the next week i will post some up there when I have some more*

do you have anymore photos of the calico? very interesting

The blotched is the sibling to the anery and as you can see is nothing like it.
The calico is due to shed so hard to see any good details but as you can see the pigment seems to be fragmented throughout, she also has wicked eyes. Interestingly she was a twin. Her Grandmother had a great deal more white throughout.

This is the email so please explain your comments?

You've lost me? But I hope you just copied and paste and didnt re-type it all

I did notice you changed the txt from the original "that calico looks pretty cool do you have anymore photos?" to the non quoted txt of "do you have anymore photos of the calico? very interesting"

Hmmm. very interesting

well sorry but your "md" clearly has a yellow to it. striping is generally a polymorphic trait so where are the animals that you have line bred to get this new "morph"? the only true striped md is overseas as far as i know.

well sorry but your "md" clearly has a yellow to it. striping is generally a polymorphic trait so where are the animals that you have line bred to get this new "morph"? the only true striped md is overseas as far as i know.

Sooo I cant see the Yellow if anything she is now more a dirty grey..
I did not and do not line breed :shock:. I bought her as is. Apparently the whole clutch was striped and came from Normal looking parents that were acquired from SX reptiles.
The mode of inheritance for striping is not 100% known as there is more than 1 type and possibly at least 1 is recessive. So guess what . . . we will have to wait and see8).
As for hybrid i think we need a app to down load that allows us to play this goes with that. I want a Strawberry morelia milkshake . . I wonder what combo I'll need for that

You've lost me? But I hope you just copied and paste and didnt re-type it all

I did notice you changed the txt from the original "that calico looks pretty cool do you have anymore photos?" to the non quoted txt of "do you have anymore photos of the calico? very interesting"

Hmmm. very interesting

Might want to double check mate I just removed the email addresses and your number it word for word it reads backwards tho the you sent the third paragraph then I sent the second and than you the first. So what are you on about?

As for the google comment, it's pretty clear that all your infmation come from google searches and not any really experience

Last edited:
To get back on topic, there is so little known about the genetics of calico animals that many doubt that it is even genetic at all.
Blackheaded pythons are a classic example.

Dan

The variation in the hypo trait .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Above is 3 siblings aged at 5 months showing how variable the hypo trait can be etc ..

Cameron , i believe the flecking or peppering look is highly variable within the hypo trait.
You describe your hypo coastal as a calico look ,but to me and a lot of others it just looks like a hypo coastal . This is why your getting these responces . etc

Im keen to see this anery coastal you have ? Any pics ?
cheers
Roger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back