Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is stressful to read, snakes are snakes and thats a pretty one, call it a screwball n id still pay good money for it.

Yes it is . . . very stressfull :? If it proves out to be anything i might call it just that, Screwball has a nice sound to it.

This post is pretty funny :) I do have to say, some of the experienced keepers did get a bit of the attack on. But that is part of their charm, that newbies really should learn to just accept, smile and nod and not let it cut them too deep. <3

For what it is worth Kam... I DO see what you mean. I DO see the parts you are talking about and I saw them right from the beginning. People are just focusing on her broken/limited black markings. You really should have specified from the beginning that was not what made her special. Her beige very clearly has a dramatic colour variation, especially over the mid dorsal region. It looks faded out, asthough she has been ever so slightly bleached. Am I right?

I'm glad to see my educated thoughts and opinions are being taken on board haha :)

so many name tag's being thrown around lately
couldnt be bothered reading the replies, the first page was enough constructive criticism lol
i see this snake as nothing more then a hypo carpet similar to mine.....

Attachments

• 379480_10150532376649416_1172363824_n.jpg
    379480_10150532376649416_1172363824_n.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 77
  • 205554_10150209107589416_568719415_8471842_7195695_n.jpg
    205554_10150209107589416_568719415_8471842_7195695_n.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 78
so many name tag's being thrown around lately
couldnt be bothered reading the replies, the first page was enough constructive criticism lol
i see this snake as nothing more then a hypo carpet similar to mine.....

While I see a nice snake. . I think it is way off from the one I posted. It might pay if you can so be bothered to go through this tedious thread to get a better idea before posting comments. I am sure this thread only went as long as it did due to half read or skimming before posting.

While I see a nice snake. . I think it is way off from the one I posted. It might pay if you can so be bothered to go through this tedious thread to get a better idea before posting comments. I am sure this thread only went as long as it did due to half read or skimming before posting.

haha and i think you need some educating on morph's and genetic's champ. ive now read the whole thread, no need to get defensive buddy everyones entitled to their opinion even when its not feasible

haha and i think you need some educating on morph's and genetic's champ. ive now read the whole thread, no need to get defensive buddy everyones entitled to their opinion even when its not feasible

And I thought you said you read the whole thread. . . and no I was not being defensive I just dont want to bother with the merry go round arguments, and if it starts then you might wake the hoards and then they multiply

its just silly that people put genetic name tags on animals that arent nearly proven.
especially calicos, ive worked with many "calico" bhp's its not known/proven to be a recessive trait, it take 2years minimum for the snake to turn cal. and in other sp. like cal ball pythons and retics etc its even more the opposite to whats displayed on that carpet.
not getting into a debate champ, just put the hard work in and cross it back to its siblings/father and see what happens i guess then if there is anything there think up a name that suits whatever trait your looking for.

its just silly that people put genetic name tags on animals that arent nearly proven.
especially calicos, ive worked with many "calico" bhp's its not known/proven to be a recessive trait, it take 2years minimum for the snake to turn cal. and in other sp. like cal ball pythons and retics etc its even more the opposite to whats displayed on that carpet.
not getting into a debate champ, just put the hard work in and cross it back to its siblings/father and see what happens i guess then if there is anything there think up a name that suits whatever trait your looking for.

While we are avoiding a debate, you have just reiterated what has been said before and if you had read my comments you will see I have on more than one occasion acknowledged and expanded on those points while stating I never claimed it to be a Calico per se

I have had a few questions and a lot of requests for pics, so took a few today while her new enclosure is being prepped.
So is it a true Calico? well dunno! She has a hypo type of thing going on (very freaky eyes) but it is unsure as to if it is part of the make up of the calico aspects. There appears to be white under all her scales so after a feed it becomes extremely prominent. The pattern from the belly is straight white and tends to go to white with black and brown flecking slowly forming more of a (fragmented) pattern as it reaches the back. The grandmother had a lot more white throughout the body. So what is it that makes me think she is Calico? . . . There is nothing that describes all that is going on with her pattern any better than the broad definition with Calico's, although she does have a marbled look. All going well I will be breeding her this season with the Anery Coastal, should have some interesting results

Yeah i can't remember when u said it was a calico, just that you were thinking soo....... only constructive thing i have to add is that after a bag or two of marshmallows i have a prominent white belly too lol

i have a Question what does it really matter if its a calico or not. is it that you would just like to know because its a really strange pattern or that you would like to have your name to having the first one. i myself barely understand basic morphs so i could not say any more than its a beautiful snake and if it does have hatchlings that turn out similar or better i would love one.

i have a Question what does it really matter if its a calico or not. is it that you would just like to know because its a really strange pattern or that you would like to have your name to having the first one. i myself barely understand basic morphs so i could not say any more than its a beautiful snake and if it does have hatchlings that turn out similar or better i would love one.

Well Mr Nefarious carrot munching Rodent, That is a good point. . . it doesnt matter what we call it, this thread was to encourage some speculation and the choice of Calico for a name was based on Calico being a very broad in definition Morph. Personally I think Screwball works. . . so really call it what you wish;)

What about a poor quality hypo coastal...

Last edited:
What about a poor quality hypo coastal...

Keep digging. . . I think you have had more posts in this one thread than anybody else and yet nothing intelligent.

I saw your so called project ? Inconsistent story, not clear on what it is you are doing, no evidence to back up your assumptions etc etc. . . but instead of burning you to a cinder I let it be. Why because it is pointless !!

For such a poor Hypo I have been offered some seriously good money for her, I would be inclined to wait out future breeding before
carrying on like you have been. What is seen in the flesh is hard to reproduce in pictures although Derper herper (whom app is only 13) understood what I was referring to (nice to see) . While I have speculated I haven't assumed unlike others whom assumed it is just a Hypo etc. . . yet all the examples have done is shown me a lot of pretty Hypos. . . no washed out pigment just snakes with reduced black.

And as an after thought it was pointed out to me that retics that display the calico gene tend to be HYPO, unlike the Ball pythons or BHP's. So like seems to be said a lot from many who called out Hypo, maybe wait and see if anything proves out. . . . and I really dont give a rats sphincter what you call it

Last edited:
I saw your so called project ? Inconsistent story, not clear on what it is you are doing, no evidence to back up your assumptions etc etc. . . but instead of burning you to a cinder I let it be. Why because it is pointless !!*

For such a poor Hypo I have been offered some seriously good money for her, I would be inclined to wait out future breeding before
carrying on like you have been. What is seen in the flesh is hard to reproduce in pictures although Derper herper (whom app is only 13) understood what I was referring to (nice to see)

Serious money lol.... Was it by the 13year old. And as for my project.... How was the story inconsistent? Made it pretty clear to anyone with half an idea about breeding and as for no evidence... Wasn't a photo enough. Unlike your piss poor project mine actually has substance. Your a joke I'm going to leave it now, so you can go and get approval from the 13 year old lol... Don't you find it funny he is the only one that sees it!! What happened to the scientific study info from the line breeding thread.... You love making up stories... FI

Last edited:
Serious money lol.... Was it by the 13year old. And as for my project.... How was the story inconsistent? Made it pretty clear to anyone with half an idea about breeding and as for no evidence... Wasn't a photo enough. Unlike your piss poor project mine actually has substance. Your a joke I'm going to leave it now, so you can go and get approval from the 13 year old lol... Don't you find it funny he is the only one that sees it!! What happened to the scientific study info from the line breeding thread.... You love making up stories... FI

Citrus I am going to point out a couple of things and help shed some light on your confusion -
1. Santa Claus is made up. . sorry but live with it.
2. APS is not a Morph approval committee. . . or any other approval committee.
3. You are not on a Morph approval committee. . . . no one is seeking your approval.
4. There is a herp world outside of APS with so many cool things going on that is not and most likely never will be discussed here. . . why? because most of the serious guys feel no desire to share what they are doing to only have to debate it out with people with attitudes like the one you have displayed here.
5. I have shown one snake out of my collection that might turn out to be something more and then again it might not. . . why has it become such an obsession of yours to poo poo it when you ask me to send you more pics. remember this - "that calico looks pretty cool do you have anymore photos? what stage are you at with the project, how many do you have?" -PM from Citrus
And you had no manners in your PM's just a lot of can you send me more pics. . . try please and thank you.
6. I have spent 35+ years gaining knowledge on herps from extensive travel and field trips to conventional study of literature, a stint at a wildlife park and experience as a keeper.. . . You behave as though you have all this superior knowledge, how many years have you put in and where was your knowledge gained?
7. Morphs and designer snakes. Basic knowledge of inheritable traits and year 8 biology knowledge of genetics does not mean that you are capable breeding designer snakes. Understanding and insight from breeding experience is essential and then you need that ability to guess out the outcome. I have shown a few pics of my selectively bred Jungles that have distinct goals in mind, are you able to produce quality looking sibs that you bred?

Anyway. . . after just reading through the line breeding thread I have seen more conflicting stories about your project, and yes I do have other things to do than wait around for a reply. . . I have a life and was of enjoying it for the rest of that weekend.

Here is the story about your project thus far

Pm from Citrus - I can't put photos up as I'm at work but will when I get home.... The only male hyper Darwin in australia

Post from Citrus - (new morphs thread) - Rp/hyper Darwin project

Q from Sigridshurte - Citrus that a nice snake! Were you able to produce melanistic snakes ?

Reply from Citrus - It's not actually part of my melanistic Darwin project as he is dark brown and not black. He is the second dark animal produced from this line which is pure rp darwin. this year he is being put back over his daughter to hopefully get a super rp it seems to be co Dom so if it proves out the super form should be something that looks jag but with the neuro problems. Well that's the hopefully out come. As for the dark look of him might be a bonus pop up just have to wait and see.

Question from Stryker (line breeding thread) - By the way can I get one off those Darwins of you?

Response from Citrus (" ") - I don't breed them every year but will be next year as I have some new wc males coming.

(but you said that you are putting him over his daughter this season)

I asked you a question in regards to the project and this is what you said-

Yes a rp project, A standed Darwin is banded not striped down it's back. he has got very dark over last 12months but you can still see his pattern on the back of his neck. The other dark one that I know of came from different clutch same parents. As for being melanistic I'm not holding my breath that it will be rec. or co Dom.

So since when have darwins not come in a striped form? You have the nerve to badger every thing I post as well as plague this thread with pointless rude comments and all you can produce to back up you claims of superiority is a standard looking darwin that you claim is RP because it has a stripe???? So where is the RP/melanistic project? as I said inconsistant You should have stuck to your Melanistic story it at least was more believable. Even if I think it looks like a dirty brown snake thats coming into shed.

Last point worth considering, the herp world is relativly small it is not wise to go burning bridges as it is likely to come back and bite you in the rectum.

Last edited:
OMG This is Seriously Gorgeous..Where can I get one?? Must Have!!!
Also to me and many others , this is what a calico carpet python may look like. Obviously this is a paradox albino but the pattern is very calico looking.etc
Pic taken from thread below .
paradox2.jpg

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/paradox-albino-darwin-carpets-176222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back