A few HYPO BREDLI CARAMEL JAG PICS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didnt invent them, just lucky enough to work with some pretty cool genetic traits and having fun combining them.....

Hi Aaron, havnt seen you round these traps for a while,

I quite like the heavy pattern on these, especially the caramels.

Some older caramels can wash out, and the reduced pattern contributes to that washed out look. The heavy pattern will aid in colour contrast in my opinion. Certainly did help with my first gen of caramels. The busier or heavier patterned ones turned out the brightest and most contrasting.

Good to see you again, cheers for the comment......

They are looking the goods! I need to go road cruising and find some rare Aussie monkeys. Got any of those in your area?

i reckon a hypo bredli ****es all over them in the looks department,not being anti jag or crossing either,just dont understand whats so special about the look of them

Hi Justin
funny you should say that, another member on here and good friend (Bassman) was herping the hinterland on his own one evening and came home one night swearing he saw a monkey.

Silly goose still wont believe to this day that it would have been a greater glider.......lol

They are looking the goods! I need to go road cruising and find some rare Aussie monkeys. Got any of those in your area?

A few more pics to update on the progress of some of these......

1st is a caramel bredli jag and the others are caramel hypo bredli jags.......

coming along quite nicely

Attachments

• P6051528.jpg
    P6051528.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 94
  • P6051518.jpg
    P6051518.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 75
  • P6051531.jpg
    P6051531.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 87
  • P6051532.jpg
    P6051532.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 72
They are stunning. I just don't understand what's with the anti-jag people. If ppl like the look of them and buy them, then what's the problem?? all they are to me is another type of stunning pythons that are on my wish list ;) Well done they're beautiful.

You really love to cross breed everything soon these Jags will be worth nothing

They will never be worth nothing. To beautiful to give away no matter what crossing you use, and there are way too many varieties for them to ever die.

I believe we are something like 10 to 20 years behind the U.S in the reptile industry and not once have I ever seen any crossing or jag for free over there!

Nice work Ben. Here is a pic that I took today, both freshly shed and fed.

WOW, Troy they are crackers, i bet u r stoked in them... :) Nice animals too Ben.. :)

I like the little fella in the 2nd pic on post 27 Ben...awesome the donuts look cool... just like the donuts on some of the BHP's Den breeds, plus some i have seen and had in the collection previously on the B&W jungles from Tremain & Colin has as well... stunning guys, keep em coming... :)

Last edited:
All very nice how many generations of crossing then back crossing have you guys had to do to get these morphs. I dont think people understand the art and the time required to produce healthy mutations that are proven. Where are you going with them next cheers James

All very nice how many generations of crossing then back crossing have you guys had to do to get these morphs. I dont think people understand the art and the time required to produce healthy mutations that are proven. Where are you going with them next cheers James

they are using the jag gene which is co dom,so getting results like these is as simple as putting your jag, eg hypo coastal jag which carries the co dom gene over a hypo bredli.

These juvies are progeny of our 3rd generation........They are a result of combining 3 individual morphs into one snake.

I suppose the future for these guys will be either breeding them together and my major goal is to cross them back to a bare back WHITE JAG similar to the one in this pic. With the main goal in this cross to improve on the colour contrast and really make the red stand out.

Attachments

• W204 male.jpg
    W204 male.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 77
THAT is HOT.... would love to see how the contrast is and how clean the white will be later... stunning animal...

they are using the jag gene which is co dom,so getting results like these is as simple as putting your jag, eg hypo coastal jag which carries the co dom gene over a hypo bredli.

Yeah it is that simple, thats whats good about this morph, it makes it possible for almost anyone to breed amazing looking snakes.....
However we still had to select and breed the previous generations to get to this point.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back