my girl had pupps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
my beautiful dark blue amstaff charlott had a litter today 9 pups all up. well she is actually my partners dog but she lives at my house so i class her as one of mine. the father is our beautiful boy a brindle blue.

this was a planned pregnancy and we were more than ready for it.

please no negative replies of how its more unwanted dogs in the world as it aint. these pups will stay with me till they go to their new homes also i already have a few people on a waiting list for some of them. i am also not advertising them on here just showing people my beautiful puppies. if i want to advertise i will do in the for sale section at a later date.

would love to see other peoples blue amstaffs, so post pics up if you do own one. also if your dogs had pups this year feel free to show off the little cuties.

charlott 005.jpgcharlott 004.jpg

Last edited:
please no negative replies of how its more unwanted dogs in the world as it aint. these pups will stay with me till they go to their new homes

Has to be said - it's still leaving other dogs without a home, as they are taking up those places. Not many people would think twice about adopting the poor, homeless shelter dog even when they would make a perfectly good family member - when there is a fresh litter of 'cute' puppies born every bloody second..

Good on you for being well prepared, but that doesn't make it any more right. Sorry it's just one of my biggest pet peeves - no pun intended.

Before anyone breeds they should go take a good long walk through the pound, and be there when they have to put down perfectly good loving dogs every single day.. :evil::cry:

Last edited:
Has to be said - it's still leaving other dogs without a home, as they are taking up those places. Not many people would think twice about adopting the poor, homeless shelter dog even when they would make a perfectly good family member - when there is a fresh litter of 'cute' puppies born every bloody second..

Good on you for being well prepared, but that doesn't make it any more right. Sorry it's just one of my biggest pet peeves - no pun intended.

Before anyone breeds they should go take a good long walk through the pound, and be there when they have to put down perfectly good loving dogs every single day.. :evil::cry:

as you already know from my other post 2 of my dogs i got from the pound, but 2 i got from breeders cause its my partners favourite breed and i have never seen a blue pedegree amstaff for sale at a pound or i would of got one there as it would have been alot cheaper. people have the right to choose the breed of dog they want and what suits their life style. you can't get blue amstaffs at pounds and on rare occasions they might have one but they sell very quickly.

just like people have the right to breed reptiles who end up homeless, dumped in the wild, dropped off at animal shelter or given away. i understand its more common with dogs but it happend with all animals but only dog and cat breeders get ridiculed for it. i have been asked to take in 3 more pythons cause of people buying off breeders then changing their mind, i just bought another multi bay tank to house them, insted of complaining about it to people who breed them.

Are these registered and papered Amstaff's?

both parents are registed, and i have paper work for the mother, fathers paper work i need to track down as i bought him at 5 months from a breeder who no longer could care for the amount of amstaffs they had (had 2 extra males they were gonna breed in the future) and he lost the paper work as he was moving house at the time.

i will have to look into getting the pupps a certificate of registration and pedigree.

why do you ask?

Last edited:
Didn't your dog have a litter of puppies in September?

I think the previous person was asking if they are pedigreed Amstaffs, because there are so many backyard breeders of these dogs (and many other breeds) who breed without doing any health testing etc

that was my dog not my partners and since then the male who jumps the fence has passed away, R.I.P Diesel. and she had 5 pups in august which all have lovely homes and were given away for free and will never happen again as i have had her desexed and my other female is also desexed. as i said in the other forum i never wanted to breed that dog, she is my best mate it was an accident as me and my partner had just moved in together and he has 2 males and i had 1 intact female and she was not due to go on heat so i thought it would be ok if i waited a bit as i was busy moving and with a baby ect.

yes they are both pedigree dogs.

Not sure about the laws in NSW bit in vic, the council can seize and euthanize any dogs that look like a pitbull or pitbull cross. Amstaffs down here need papers to prove they are amstaffs and not pitbulls. That being said I have seen a few backyard breeders breeding them without papers to make money.

Do you show your dogs? Pedigree breeders have a place if they are improving the breed and hopefully helping to breed out some of the genetic disorders present in our "pures". Such as now German shepherds, labs, goldens, etc have to have hip scores.

I own pedigrees. They are retired greyhounds that I adopted. I have being on both side adopting and helping these beautiful dogs to be adopted. When being faced with the possiblity of having to put down a perfectly healthy, happy, gorgeous 18month pup because no one wanted her, you can see why I would get upset. That pup now lives with us and I don't help with the adoptions anymore.

Beautiful, I love Amstaffs! Such a gorgeous breed of dog :D CONGRATS on the puppies and good luck with the little terrrors!!!

they are terrors both parents were naughty puppies and gave me hell. i have never put my dogs into shows but charlotts father has won multiples shows including best in show and her older brother from a previous litter has won a few shows too. the breeder also showed me proof of this. shaytons history i dont know as well but i did meet his older brother who has won a few shows too.

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know much about the pricing of dogs. how much would these guys sell for if you don't mind me asking? (you don't have to answer if you don't want to :))

MODS: This is not advertising sales as I have no intention on buying an Amstaff. I already have dogs. I am just asking how much Amstaffs normally cost as I am very curious person and feel I have to know these things! :D

what are the nsw laws on amstaffs ?, i was told that they have to be a papered amstaff or its the same as vic and they are considered a pit bull and put down and even if they are papered then i thought they had to be kept in a confined area etc this is what my mate told me who breeds these "amstaffs" himself in nsw

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know much about the pricing of dogs. how much would these guys sell for if you don't mind me asking? (you don't have to answer if you don't want to :))

MODS: This is not advertising sales as I have no intention on buying an Amstaff. I already have dogs. I am just asking how much Amstaffs normally cost as I am very curious person and feel I have to know these things! :D

i will PM you.

- - - Updated - - -

what are the nsw laws on amstaffs ?, i was told that they have to be a papered amstaff or its the same as vic and they are considered a pit bull and put down and even if they are papered then i thought they had to be kept in a confined area etc this is what my mate told me who breeds these "amstaffs" himself in nsw

Amstaffs are not restricted , because the Amstaff is an ANKC recognised breed and the canine councils have done the deals to keep them safe, providing they have papers issued by the ANKC's state bodies or if they are imported, they have papers from a body that the ANKC recognises.

my partner has had the council come out to his old place as someone complained saying he had pitbulls ect, council ranges straight away identified 2 as amstaffs and one they were not sure so they asked him to have the dog assessed by a qulified person who also breeds amstaffs and she identifed the dog as an amstaff.

these dogs are not restricted so they are NOT considered a pit bull even though they are basically cousins and have the same genetic make up. they do not have to be confined ect if they did i am pretty sure the council ranger would of let me know wen he came out as at the time we had 3 of them.

Last edited:
no worries saint , the last part is interesting though , thats why i put amstaff in the " " before , from what ive been told an amstaff is basically more of a pure show dog than a pitbull but are essentially the same dog in a lot of ways , although he does have to have his caged , the council came out and gave him a bit of a hard time about it even though his are papered etc apparently thats the laws for amstaffs whilst the laws on pitbulls are that they are flat out illegal

yep, his may be papered but they may look like pits as the breeds are very simular. to tell you the truth most council rangers see amstaffs as pitbulls that is why they are not allowed to breed asses the dog and are only allowed to issue the owner with a notice to get their dog assessed by a profetional.

pits originated from cross breeding amstaffs. you only need to have a dog caged if it is a restricted breed or if the dog is demed dangerous. and before a council can lable a dog as dangerous they must get a qualified person to do a temperment test. it sounds like he does own amstaffs but they have been demed dangerous because they are to agressive ect thats why he can still breed them but must have them caged.

both my amstaffs are great loyal dogs, shayton barks and can look scarey but he will not bite he just tries to scare people away and charlott is an absolute baby who does not even bark. garanteed if any of my dogs were to ever bite wit would be my chihuahua before my amstaffs ever would.

his may have been labelled dangerous dogs im not 2 sure ill have to ask , i just went out there one day and they where all in cages and he said he had to or they would be seized

In regards to getting papers for the pups. Unless u have a breeders name registered. And papers for both parents before the birth of pups it's near impossible to get limited or full papers. I tried to get papers for staffy pups bred from a mates purebred bitch and my dog. Both had full papers, but because neither had a breeding name registered, were unable to get papers for the pups.
Btw I'm in nsw

in response to pound dogs, I've owned 2, both cost me s fortune throughout there lives. My purebred staffy cost me the initial outlay and no addition vet charges apart from vaccinations. One of the reasons many people will only buy from a reputable breeder

little cuties lol i love their little pink noses

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back