Who is taking what to the NSW expo's ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be taking thick tail geckos, Levis Levis, pilbs, occies, het for patternless levis, patternless levis and wheeleri

Anyone taking hatchie or juvi Sand monitors? If not does anyone know where to get some from?

Just was readin through the furom and it said some were over 18 and I might be heading to the castle hill expo?

Last edited:
Has anybody been to the Newcastle Expo? I have it booked on my calendar so I'm going either way but just wanted to know how it's been in the past.

P.S
I'll be taking my wife and 2.5yr old. Hope I don't block anybody who is clearly more important than me, as I'm just a noobie to reptile keeping. I have a couple months to make a snake enclosure and convince my wife it's a good idea and hope to god there will be someone there willing to talk to her about how safe they are and they won't try and kill our children.

Everyone is welcome at these Expo's. Everyone is just as important as the other. These expo's are for people to learn and not just for people that want to buy reptiles. This hobby needs new people continously to have it grow or otherwise it would go stale. So do not let anyone make you feel that you are not welcome.

I see what you are saying about the prams etc.. the expos get very crowded, but children need to go..
Alot of expos people attend for the first time just for a day out with their kids..and then they leave with their children having learnt something about reptiles and then wanting to buy them or learn more..
Ive been to a few, and now would only go to see people that i only really see at expos..lol and to buy cheap insects! If i went and didnt take my children, they would never speak to me again..

Has anybody been to the Newcastle Expo? I have it booked on my calendar so I'm going either way but just wanted to know how it's been in the past.

P.S
I'll be taking my wife and 2.5yr old. Hope I don't block anybody who is clearly more important than me, as I'm just a noobie to reptile keeping. I have a couple months to make a snake enclosure and convince my wife it's a good idea and hope to god there will be someone there willing to talk to her about how safe they are and they won't try and kill our children.

yes mate i go to the newy xpo,its a good setup,reasonably open spaced,its at the Newcastle Jockey Club,parking can be a bit of a pain sometimes though,if you want PM me and you can organize a visit to my place 1st if you want,though i only have a stimson and a woma to look at

Rodentfarm has decided to sponsor the Castle hill reptile Expo next year. If there is enough interest we'll set up a stall with our usual expo specials on Quail, rabbits, Rats and mice. Anyone wanting bulk orders will save the usual freight and packing so a bit of advanced notice would be helpful as supplies are in short supply at present.

I will be taking plenty of cash this year. Not sure what it will go on. The daughter says I shouldn't buy any more snakes (I only have 3) as I don't have any room, 'but I have 3 empty enclosures', I replied. I think she is worried I will really turn her bedroom into a reptile room, which has been threatened in the past.

I am hoping to pick up some supplies of frozna rats though at least.

coming up to newy sel??? i can only get there for an hr or so when it opens,because we have to be back to open the shop :(

SOFAR? What is the date?
Im not even sure i can make Castle Hill.. which annoys me ..have to do at least 1 expo this year, ive been an expo snob the last 3 years lol

Dates are march 17th for Newcastle expo ( SOFAR ) it's starts and 9:00 and finish at 4:00.
Cheers
Riley

yes mate i go to the newy xpo,its a good setup,reasonably open spaced,its at the Newcastle Jockey Club,parking can be a bit of a pain sometimes though,if you want PM me and you can organize a visit to my place 1st if you want,though i only have a stimson and a woma to look at

Hey mate, that would be awesome I'll PM ya.
I've been to an expo there before it was the model expo and yes parking did suck. I'll be getting the family up extra early on that day hopefully it goes with my shifts then I'll already be in wake-up early mode.
oh as some one else said about taking cash, what does one need cash for? Do they not have ATMs? And can you buy reptiles from the expo or do you put an order in?

Hey mate, that would be awesome I'll PM ya.
I've been to an expo there before it was the model expo and yes parking did suck. I'll be getting the family up extra early on that day hopefully it goes with my shifts then I'll already be in wake-up early mode.
oh as some one else said about taking cash, what does one need cash for? Do they not have ATMs? And can you buy reptiles from the expo or do you put an order in?

SOFAR, Penrith both have ATM's, unsure about Castle Hill and Illawara though. Its maybe a good idea to take the money with you though just in case there is an issue with the ATM onsite.

The Hawkesbury Herp Society Expo at The Panthers Marquee in Penrith will have ATMs inside the Panthers building, NOT INSIDE THE MARQUEE WHERE THE EXPO IS HELD. McDonalds is also a short walk away and cash out is available there.

ENTRY TO THE VENUE IS CASH ONLY.

Some sellers, like Kellyville pets and The Reptile Shop/MacArthur Pets may have their own EFTPOS though.

PuraChips Professional Aspen Bedding will have a vendor stand at most if not all Sydney expo's as well as VHS Reptile Expo this season with 3kg bags of Aspen and information pamphlets. Come and say G'day.

PuraChips Professional Aspen Bedding will have a vendor stand at most if not all Sydney expo's as well as VHS Reptile Expo this season with 3kg bags of Aspen and information pamphlets. Come and say G'day.

Are you selling these at your normal price or "EXPO SPECIAL" price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back