Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of albino reptiles. However, I would kill for a chance to grab a hypermelanistic Blue-tongue (I would call it Vader, and build it a enclosure shaped like the Death Star).

From my basic understanding of genetics (I'm probably wrong here), inbreeding is largely a problem only in domesticated animals, where genetic expression is far vaster than non-domesticated animals. Take dogs, they have so many variations because genes unnecessary for survival are activated over countless generations, as reptiles are far from being domesticated in the same sense as dogs or cats, it poses little problem. As an example, I believe genetic variation amongst cheetah's in Africa is low because of a suspected genetic bottleneck of a mere two individuals at some point in history, now, cheetahs aren't all drooling idiots, loping around the savannah and licking trees, they're still pretty top predators. If reptile breeding reaches the point that breeding captive snakes with wild snakes means you'll end up with undesirable traits in the offspring, then there'll be a problem, but I can't really see that happening.

Honestly I don't know why this turned into a scientific load of junk. I merely stated my opinion

So you're saying you don't want scientific evidence... just your opinion. I think that sums up the thread here. You've claimed all the "inbreeders" are against you but never once addressed my posts. I am not a breeder. I am not pro morph. I am no against morphs. I simply have bothered to understand the peer reviewed science behind this issue. Yet you're only concerned with your opinion and not the "scientific load of junk". I don't get what you are trying to achieve other than if I were to start a thread asking for like minded individuals who believe the world is flat and then get angry when people try and show me how I'm wrong.

So you're saying you don't want scientific evidence... just your opinion. I think that sums up the thread here. You've claimed all the "inbreeders" are against you but never once addressed my posts. I am not a breeder. I am not pro morph. I am no against morphs. I simply have bothered to understand the peer reviewed science behind this issue. Yet you're only concerned with your opinion and not the "scientific load of junk". I don't get what you are trying to achieve other than if I were to start a thread asking for like minded individuals who believe the world is flat and then get angry when people try and show me how I'm wrong.
Pretty sure you are wasting your time quoting and asking him questions for two reasons. Firstly he is suspended and secondly he doesn't tend to listen. Maybe this thread should be closed and if anyone else wishes to discuss it they could start another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back