not just a "native pest"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people have to be so immature? Princessparrot just posted a nice story, and asks that people not just talk about eating them. And what do some do? Make jokes about eating them. Come on. It was a nice story, princessparrot. Thanks :)
I love kangaroos. It's a shame some people have no respect for them and view them as nothing but a pest, worthy of nothing but a bullet. Please don't think I'm saying anyone here is saying that. I've just heard some people in general say things like that and that have that attitude.

thanks. I agree with all of that, nice to see someone else who thinks about more than their stomach and shows more respect about others
Do people have to be so immature? Princessparrot just posted a nice story, and asks that people not just talk about eating them. And what do some do? Make jokes about eating them. Come on. It was a nice story, princessparrot. Thanks :)
I love kangaroos. It's a shame some people have no respect for them and view them as nothing but a pest, worthy of nothing but a bullet. Please don't think I'm saying anyone here is saying that. I've just heard some people in general say things like that and that have that attitude.

Last edited:
thanks. I agree with all of that, nice to see someone else who thinks about more than their stomach and shows more respect about others

I'm sorry :( I don't know how the convo turned to dinner.

You should see if YouTube has any skippy episodes. It's was a great show when I was little.

Sonny would be dead 100 times if he didn't have his Skip.

They do taste good though :p

if you can teach a kangaroo not to taste so damn delicious i wont eat them anymore!

higher life eats lower life lower life eats stupid higher life, its the cycle of life trust me, if i was a vampire ild eat you.

if you can teach a kangaroo not to taste so damn delicious i wont eat them anymore!

higher life eats lower life lower life eats stupid higher life, its the cycle of life trust me, if i was a vampire ild eat you.

I agree, however this perhaps isn't the thread to discuss it on...

I always thought kangaroo meat was rather average. Its quite dry compared to beef and venison. Actually nothing is as good as venison.

I always thought kangaroo meat was rather average. Its quite dry compared to beef and venison. Actually nothing is as good as venison.
That's what my dad said about it when he "accidentally" ate some then found out it was kangaroo after he ate it

That's the point, it's not fatty. If it's dry you've over cooked it.

But why are we still talking about food? Lol

Mmmmmm... Bambi. :) Kangaroo, like venison should be cooked rare otherwise it is dry. I have had some very average roo and some really nice roo.

On a side note... And I apologise in advance princessparrot... Native animals cause less damage to the environment than foreign so if more people ate kangaroo, emu, crocodile, etc, it would mean less demand for beef, lamb, pork, and therefore less damage to the environment, in some cases less land clearing, less methane gas, hopefully less native pests, etc.

I can't be the only one who looks at a baby crocodile (probably the cutest thing in the world IMO) and think, you are going to be so delicious when you grow up. ;)

I think princessparrot is Roo-ing ever starting this thread
(sorry could not help myself) :twisted:

Mmmmmm... Bambi. :) Kangaroo, like venison should be cooked rare otherwise it is dry. I have had some very average roo and some really nice roo.

On a side note... And I apologise in advance princessparrot... Native animals cause less damage to the environment than foreign so if more people ate kangaroo, emu, crocodile, etc, it would mean less demand for beef, lamb, pork, and therefore less damage to the environment, in some cases less land clearing, less methane gas, hopefully less native pests, etc.

I can't be the only one who looks at a baby crocodile (probably the cutest thing in the world IMO) and think, you are going to be so delicious when you grow up. ;)

I have to admit, I do agree with that first bit. I think the thing with kangaroos is just how many are killed each year(millions and all wild), the suffering the poor joeys go through if it was their mother that was killed(clubbed to death, left to starve ect) and also just how much I adore them. I remember ( I know this sounds way over the top) that sold possum meat and it just made me sick, couldn't eat all day. and also my mums step dad once bought some kangaroo skin, and his daughter got really sad so he told her "they just took their skin off to take a bath" and she believed him!!! ***! I know with crocs and that they actually have "croc farms" and same with emus(sometimes) anyway...

I have to admit, I do agree with that first bit. I think the thing with kangaroos is just how many are killed each year(millions and all wild), the suffering the poor joeys go through if it was their mother that was killed(clubbed to death, left to starve ect) and also just how much I adore them. I remember ( I know this sounds way over the top) that sold possum meat and it just made me sick, couldn't eat all day. and also my mums step dad once bought some kangaroo skin, and his daughter got really sad so he told her "they just took their skin off to take a bath" and she believed him!!! ***! I know with crocs and that they actually have "croc farms" and same with emus(sometimes) anyway...

When they are culled properly only the older males are meant to be killed. This allows the younger males to grow and fill the void while also keeping the population at reasonable amounts. I know this sometimes isn't the case as a lot of the time it is amateurs who do go shooting.

As for the clubbing, etc, that is inhumane and the perpetrators should be dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back