not just a "native pest"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7a9ehaqa.jpg

here you go princessparrot and lawra :)

7a9ehaqa.jpg
I

here you go princessparrot and lawra :)

I remember I found a little joey with its mother on the side of the road :( just put it in a pillow case(like a pouch) and a blankets we had in the the car. poor little thing

When they are culled properly only the older males are meant to be killed. This allows the younger males to grow and fill the void while also keeping the population at reasonable amounts. I know this sometimes isn't the case as a lot of the time it is amateurs who do go shooting.

As for the clubbing, etc, that is inhumane and the perpetrators should be dealt with.
I get updated every week on how all the wildlife and stuff is going and culling and that. some of the stuff just makes me so sad

[video=youtube;uRQnrY5V-rY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRQnrY5V-rY[/video]

I would rather see non destructive free range native animals harvested sustainably than hoofed horrors smashing the land into powder. A fair chunk of our topsoil is now in NZ or on the ocean floor thanks to the hoofed beasts we introduced. This country evolved with a soft footed biota.

haha I like that, "hoofed horrors" ::lol:.. and people say its the kangaroos and stuff doing all the damage!!! if that was the case then it would be abit different... but I doubt that will happen
I would rather see non destructive free range native animals harvested sustainably than hoofed horrors smashing the land into powder. A fair chunk of our topsoil is now in NZ or on the ocean floor thanks to the hoofed beasts we introduced. This country evolved with a soft footed biota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back