So, I Bought A Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteTaylor

Reaction score
Hi,

My name's Pete. I live in Brisbane's southern suburbs and I have today entered the world of snakes. Got myself a young Coastal Carpet Python. Never had snakes before, however I have handled a few on occasion.

One thing I have noticed over the past few days - since I have been researching and reading different forums, pages, etc - is that if the information is not readily available, a prompt answer to a question surely is! Oh, and that "herps" are a passionate bunch, too!

Pete
Proud Newbie

Welcome to APS Pete! And yes, you will get a helpful answer to your questions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Congratulations mate, we need some pictures as soon as you mate. You will find that there is a heap of information out there but I found some basic snake keeping books a very good base and then went from there as I learned more things and found my "keepers feet". The big thing is that there is many ways to do things and a lot of people on forums are sometimes passionate that their way is best. A good book to start with is Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons or The Complete Carpet Python . Good luck.

Welcome Pete, and congratulations on your new snake. You don't know it yet, but it will be the first of many lol.

Good onya for joining the forum Pete, and welcome. As others have said, it won't be the first. Pretty much every question you have has most likely been answered. If you search through Herp Help stickies, or just the search engine on the site, you'll find detailed information on just about any topic. There is a great wealth and depth of information on this site, with some of the World's best breeders and keepers freely giving of their expertise for newbies and old hands alike. I know when I first started, the assistance I got was amazing. Sift through it and take the jewels you need! Enjoy!!! Cheers, Buzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back